IGNORED

Bristol City v Sheffield Wednesday - Match Day 39

Davefevs

Just now, cityexile said:

A header early on, and that’s it. Regardless of the score today it’s clear LJ does not have a system in his mind he wants to play or know his best players to fit that system. He is flailing around making loads of changes just hoping something just clicks...which it’s not. Players are trying but it’s difficult trying to build new partnerships every week.

We are in relegation form at the moment, and teams on paper with decent squads have struggled in the past when it all falls apart. Really worried about next season with no change at the top frankly. Nothing against LJ, sometimes you just need a change.

If Johnson is still here I must admit I can see a very tough year ahead.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

A wide target man can work with Diedhiou, but Afobe is an excellent goal scorer and should bring the best out of Wells. Not the game to try it. Just play our forwards (who I feel are good at this level) to their strengths.

Right. 

I wasnt saying Afobe being a wide target man is the right choice.

But it has been somewhat effective as he is getting the ball the majority of the time and avoiding the high balls where their central defenders are, and they are decent in the air.

7 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

I still don't understand. AFOBE ON THE ******* LEFT? 

#JOHNSONOUTNOW

Wish I could like this more than once, blokes a joke. At least Sky have objective and honest commentary, Clinton Morrison of all people can see it!!! Better than the rubbish commentary on BCTV

Double change for me - Vyner and Eliasson on, Massengo and O'Dowda off.

I'd plonk Vyner in front of the back four to shield us from the counter-attack and to fill into right-back to allow Hunt and Eliasson free reign down the right.

Get Afobe, Wells and Weimann into the box as often as possible and get the ball into the box as early as possible.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Afobe, Wells and Weimann started quite close to each other, but as the half drifted on, they got further apart.

Start narrow, in touch with each other, bend runs in to out.

They were and a couple of times Afobe and Wells seemed to get in each other`s way a bit. No need for Benik to move as wide as he has though IMO.

We're looking to me like a bunch of talented players who are playing together for the first time...lacking understanding...no intuitive reactions to moves on or off the ball

frustrating - another epic fail Lee Johnson winless run in the making just when opportunity beckons. Sad.

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Right. 

But it has been somewhat effective as he is getting the ball the majority of the time and avoiding the high balls where their central defenders are, and they are decent in the air.

James you do come across as always being so cross on here. I don’t know whether it’s intentional or not.

I agree with what you’re saying here, just think it’s wrong choice right now and want to see Afobe up front.

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

Right. 

We have created nothing. Just because he hasn't done too bad out there doesnt make it any less of a baffling decision to put him there. Even Clinton Morisson can see it, why the helt can't the chosen one? 

1 minute ago, Curr Avon said:

Different formation, lots of huff and puff, but as usual, no, end product. 

Sloppy passing and no one supporting the wide forwards when they receive the ball with their backs to goal.

Predictable,, boring, tripe.

As someone said. It's awesome how LJ manages to suck the skill and determination out of anyone who plays for him. It's in his Dna

3 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

He’s done alright, lucky to be in the pitch near the end though

Yeah he’s done ok, but when the ball is with our CBs or Smith, he first instinct is to run forward away from the passer.  He needs to be the one making the angle for a short pass to break the lines.  When we then go long and lose it he’s 20 yards ahead of the ball.  Poor football intelligence and / or poor coaching / tactics.

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

I wasnt fawning over it.

I was suggesting it wasnt as bad as being made out and explained some reasoning behind it.

You are literally proving my point about the toxic fanbase though, so well done. I'll make sure I agree with everything you say in future if you have to insult any dissenting opinion. 

You are just as responsible as the people you so disagree with and find so toxic by defending the indefensible. You do it all the time in that patronising manner of yours and to be honest I couldn’t care less whether you agree, disagree with my opinion or whatever. You are every bit as toxic to the club by either ignoring or being in denial that what we have seen since we have started up again just isn’t good enough.

6 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

Afobe our best player by a mile

Ironically, not even ‘ours’...but the only player looking up for it wearing red.

This is totally dire. There is a complete absence of fluency in our play. Have we strung more than 3 passes together?

Where are the partnerships? The joined-up play? 

No point playing three up front. The ball ain’t going anywhere near them. 

Massive 45 minutes for LJs future with us. Can he change things at HT?

Got to be Wells and Adobe in centre with Elliason feeding. 

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Right. 

It's not effective if it leads nowhere though.  It's just stats.

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Ironically I think it’d be 0-0 if Fammy had started. He’d have met that corner to Wickham and smashed it clear. 

Even if he doesn't meet it he makes it a hell of a lot harder for Wickham, and if he does score it goes from a decent header to a bloody brilliant one. 

Archived