IGNORED

Bristol City v Sheffield Wednesday - Match Day 39

Davefevs

Just now, Davefevs said:

Yeah he’s done ok, but when the ball is with our CBs or Smith, he first instinct is to run forward away from the passer.  He needs to be the one making the angle for a short pass to break the lines.  When we then go long and lose it he’s 20 yards ahead of the ball.  Poor football intelligence and / or poor coaching / tactics.

If you look at the ball carrier, everyone just seems to run away from him. Look at the top teams and they are all looking for the ball, picking it up. Pass and move. It really is basic stuff.

2 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

I would love us to come and with these changes and formation

Wells - Afobe

Palmer

Dasilva- Smith - Nagy - Eliasson

Williams - Baker - Benkovic

Agree with this, similar to the system we used to such good effect at the start of the season - why do we think LJ is so reluctant to use it?

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Ironically I think it’d be 0-0 if Fammy had started. He’d have met that corner to Wickham and smashed it clear. 

That is down to LJ.  He asks Fam to stand there marking no-one, so it looks like he’s assigned nobody to that role today.  @hodge one for your analysis!

The reason you station a player there is if someone (like Baker did) gets blocked off.

Schoolboy.  That’s the head-coach’s remit....and that’s without talking about nobody on back post!

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Ironically I think it’d be 0-0 if Fammy had started. He’d have met that corner to Wickham and smashed it clear. 

I'd bring him in in the 2nd half, because with his strenght he could open spaces and give our midfielders more passing options.

Just now, Nibor said:

It's not effective if it leads nowhere though.  It's just stats.

Hence the "somewhat" Nibor.

How isolated he is is the bigger problem.

Once again I'm not saying it is the right decision for him to be there, I'm saying it hasnt been as bad an idea as people are making out.

4 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

We have created nothing. Just because he hasn't done too bad out there doesnt make it any less of a baffling decision to put him there. Even Clinton Morisson can see it, why the helt can't the chosen one? 

Morrison also said he understands why Afobe moved wider.

Yet again, I am NOT saying it is necessarily the right decision. Just saying it hadnt been that bad.

5 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

I would love us to come and with these changes and formation

Wells - Afobe

Palmer

Dasilva- Smith - Nagy - Eliasson

Williams - Baker - Benkovic

LJ agrees with you TCB.

He sees Williams Baker and Benlkovic offering much more up front and Palmer protecting the back 2 of Wells and Afobe! :) 

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

That is down to LJ.  He asks Fam to stand there marking no-one, so it looks like he’s assigned nobody to that role today.  @hodge one for your analysis!

The reason you station a player there is if someone (like Baker did) gets blocked off.

Schoolboy.  That’s the head-coach’s remit....and that’s without talking about nobody on back post!

Would need look back and see the space Fam usually occupies as a starting spot, could he get to Wickham in the time the corner was hit in etc, Wickham's headed that from around penalty spot distance away from goal, could put pressure on Wickham but stopping him from heading may be questionable, as said would need a better look

Archived