IGNORED

Bristol City v Sheffield Wednesday - Match Day 39

Davefevs

How is afobe not our central striker and what has palmer done to not even be in contention to play when we can use 5 subs!

And am i the only one who doesnt rate massengo? Hes lightweight and gets taken off the ball so easily, even when he has the ball he doesnt know what to do with it.

Shouldnt of got rid of josh brownhill half way throught the season!

With kalas being injured and webster getting sold we have been a shambles in defence.

We are so boring to watch these days.

We did not deserve that goal at all.

I can't believe I'm saying this after scoring BUT LJ needs to go, I've had enough, tactically woeful, couldn't identify we were about to concede a second and left the team to struggle and then takes off Afobe who is the only player who looks capable of creating anything despite being played out of position! Fammy may have been important in that goal but it doesn't change that we have no creativity other than crossing it in and hoping at the moment.
We still have no identity, there is no consistency due to constant chopping and changing, we have amazing striker options but the one issue we've had for the whole of LJ's reign is the inability to create real chances. I also don't understand why it takes us scoring a goal to actually make us spring into life, the real promotion chasers have that motivation when behind, when leading and when struggling, they keep going. Our spark seems to come whenever a bit of luck goes our way and we suddenly find some sel-belief but it doesn't last.

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

There isn't a light to see Fordy.

There is no point sacking now, as 5 points back with 7 games to go will be too much for a new manager or coach to overturn, potentially less games by the time a replacement is found.

So Johnson has next season, but as a top 6 or bust situation. 

You are welcome to disagree.

As I started typing this post we pulled a goal back, the task got a bit easier.

I am not the type to get trigger happy but.... if you sack him now any potential new manager will have a few experiment games to work out who he does and does not want. I can see the sense in doing it.

Glad we got a goal but watching Johnson shouting at the ref instead of talking to the players during the drinks break just screams of a manager losing the plot. It's clear he's running out of ideas and has no idea who his best players and/or formation is.

We need a manager (don't care if Johnson or not) who picks a system, and sells/buys players to fit it.

4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

There is no point sacking now, as 5 points back with 7 games to go will be too much for a new manager or coach to overturn, potentially less games by the time a replacement is found.

Why is it top six or bust next season, but not this one?

The Sky stats / commentators have easily highlighted our failings. For once will LJ acknowledge the same in his post match interview? I was impressed by Scott Parker, last night, who said their defeat against Leeds highlighted Fulham’s deficiencies.

Oh and the answer to my own question...of course not. 

i think now would be good, a few games in correct positions might tempt players to stay if offers come in

"Only a few games left, no point bringing someone in now"

"He's had the summer, might as well give him a fair shot this season"

"He's almost at the January window, give him some reinforcements and see what he can do"

"He's got the team he wants now, give him until the end of the season and then judge"

"Only a few games left, no point bringing someone in now..."

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I think the danger is that if you give LJ next season, you’ve just wasted next season. And a new manager would more likely have to recover a relegation dogfight rather than a promotion push. 

10 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

Why would he resign for f### sake?

Wtf you on about. Never said he would resign. I said his ego wouldnt let him resign which was number one.

2 doesn't matter as he wont get sacked. So that leaves 3. 

I'd stay off the cider if I were you.

Just now, Fordy62 said:

I think the danger is that if you give LJ next season, you’ve just wasted next season. And a new manager would more likely have to recover a relegation dogfight rather than a promotion push. 

Without question now is the time for a change. We’re a steady, stable club with a good squad but we have a manager who hasn’t shown he is able to take us any further than he already has. Don’t wait for the rot to set in.

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

Why is it top six or bust next season, but not this one?

Because we're 3 seasons on from when we were relegation fodder.

It does happen, but it is rare for teams to go from a bottom quarter of the table side to a top quarter of the table side in 3 years (I know someone will probably bring up Leicester. It happens, but it is rare).

I also think the Afobe injury has had a big impact on our season, and while he is back now, he isnt in peak fitness and match sharpness as he was before the injury. Even though our biggest issue has actually been defending rather than attacking.

Archived