IGNORED

Bristol City v Sheffield Wednesday - Match Day 39

Davefevs

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

A draw really would be the worst possible result. 2 points drops and LJ’s deficiencies papered over. Again. 

What deficiencies? The match preparation was absolutely excellent, LJ picked a team that should have won the game and the team did well apart from the two errors that led to the goals.  There is nothing LJ could have done differently and the fault very clearly lies with his players for not putting his plan into effect.

Now, let's see if I win at "LJ's post-match press conference bingo"...

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Without question now is the time for a change. We’re a steady, stable club with a good squad but we have a manager who hasn’t shown he is able to take us any further than he already has. Don’t wait for the rot to set in.

After years of backing Johnson I agree. Despite what the league positions will tell you it feels like we’ve been on the decline for over 2 years now.

Part of my support for Johnson has stemmed from the concern of who we’d choose to replace him. Our record of appointing managers is patchy at best under SL. I would still worry about that but I think it’s time for him to go at the seasons end.  

14 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Because we're 3 seasons on from when we were relegation fodder.

It does happen, but it is rare for teams to go from a bottom quarter of the table side to a top quarter of the table side in 3 years (I know someone will probably bring up Leicester. It happens, but it is rare).

I also think the Afobe injury has had a big impact on our season, and while he is back now, he isnt in peak fitness and match sharpness as he was before the injury. Even though our biggest issue has actually been defending rather than attacking.

Sorry but for me our progress has plateaued and if we finish below 8th, which looks likely, then we’re statistically going backwards. Coupled with a complete lack of identifiable playing style, settled team, tactics, formation or any sense of a manager who knows what his best team is...I think there is strong justification for a change.

If LJ left now the history books will show he did a good job, established us in the division and turned us into play off contenders. But this is now the third season in a row we’ve failed to capitalise on a strong position - and you can’t put up with that pattern forever.

2 minutes ago, daored said:

Why wouldn’t he? I get the impression from the way he speaks he likes the club , I think they’ve supported him well with everything he’s gone through. If he’s played  out on the left I would agree , but I don’t  think it’s an unrealistic signing 

Better off staying at Stoke.  Can’t believe Johnson has given him any motivation to sign. New formation every week

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

With respect Fordy, I think suggesting we'd be in a relegation fight is over the top nonsense. Would also say the same if anyone spoke about us challenging for the title or autos next season.

Well no.

If we were bottom half at Christmas next season then he'd clearly be failing and a sacking would be justified. 

Talk of a relegation dog fight next season isn't over the top. Our performances of late haven't shown signs of changing. We are a brittle side that can play well for short periods on the pitch but then seem to run out of ideas at which point we seem to give up. 

Coupled with tactics and a strategy that doesn't work but is applied so consistently for so long and I can see our troubles continuing for some time. 

What is worrying is when we do come out of our regular runs of poor form, the management team don't seem to understand why so that when the inevitable next run comes along we can end it quickly. 

3 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

To be fair that passage of play sums us up. Put pressure on us and we arnt good enough to play around you.  We should be piling the pressure on now. We cant even get the ball. Could you see us seing a game out like this? Not a ******* chance. I'm honestly in disbelief that some really thinks we should give him another season.

I thought THIS season was the give him another season, yet another wasted one

1 minute ago, Bullbag said:

Shite manager, always has been and always will be. 

In fact, how this man has made a living in football as a player and a manager is completely beyond me.

Only because of his daddy.

Get out you clown.

Disagree. He was great in his first season. 

But it is now time to go, we've been dire for 2 seasons now. 

Just now, And Its Smith said:

Better off staying at Stoke.  Can’t believe Johnson has given him any motivation to sign. New formation every week

It comes back to the topic of is it time for Lee to go? If it is, we have a chance of him staying. If he doesn’t I agree it’s unlikely , I fear as you’ve mentioned in your other post if lee stays we’ll lose a number of players. I wouldn’t be surprised if Wells is looking to go as well 

Just now, Lew-T said:

Got to say Sheff Wednesday have defended brilliantly.

Totally nullifying us.

We haven't created any chances for them to even worry. When all the players do the same thing in each attacking phase instead of making runs its much easier to defend and read. 

Even I could defend against our lot and im 5'3.

Just now, Bullbag said:

Shite manager, always has been and always will be. 

In fact, how this man has made a living in football as a player and a manager is completely beyond me.

Only because of his daddy.

Get out you clown.

I want LJ out but get so sick of this nonsense. 

He's managed here for four years and, until now, improved our league position season on season. Crap managers in this division, regardless of club, get found out and get a team relegated. Look how quickly a succession of Coppell, Millen, McInnes and SOD turned a top half team into relegation candidates for evidence of that.

LJ has taken us as far as he can and should move on but anyone who thinks he has been an absolutely terrible manager has an incredibly short memory. We've had plenty of terrible managers in the past and he isn't one of them. He is, however, not good enough for where we want to be. 

Archived