IGNORED

Bristol City v Sheffield Wednesday - Match Day 39

Davefevs

2 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Got to say Sheff Wednesday have defended brilliantly.

Totally nullifying us.

There's that. Outnumbering us centrally will add to that. 

This is not an especially good Sheffield Wednesday team. Two wins from Boxing Day to now (though one oddly was at Leeds). 

Just same old story. I'm an opposition manager I certainly am happy to see how we setup, put it that way! 

12 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

With respect Fordy, I think suggesting we'd be in a relegation fight is over the top nonsense. Would also say the same if anyone spoke about us challenging for the title or autos next season.

Well no.

If we were bottom half at Christmas next season then he'd clearly be failing and a sacking would be justified. 

A play off finish was the stated objective this season by Lansdown. On that basis he’s failing.

Make the change now while we’re an attractive proposition to a quality manager.

I’m sorry but if you decide to play Afobe and Wells you play them as a front two. You don’t over complicate it by playing a three up front with Afobe on the left wing - a formation that LJ described before the match as ‘interesting’ (clearly an untried punt). Afobe looked really cheesed off when he was subbed. You also don’t over complicate it by playing O’Dowda in midfield. You play your midfielder Nagy. You also play 352 to match Sheff Weds system and put a midfielder on Bannan. And when you take Massengo off you need to bring on a midfielder (Nagy) on.

Having said all of that, our defending for their goals was shocking. 

1 minute ago, Badger08 said:

He's not though is he, but, he has taken us as far as he can. You completely lose any arguement with comments like this. 

If he's taken us as far as he can then why do we keep pumping money in for players he wants when we should be looking for a new manager!

With regards to the players we need a Barry Bannan of our own, our midfield is weak but we could have all the players in the world and we'll not get promoted with LJ because he's tactically inept and continues to play players out of position!

Archived