IGNORED

Bristol City v Sheffield Wednesday - Match Day 39

Davefevs

All those clever people that predicted how , with the pandemic, things would be a lot different after lockdown.

They obviously know nothing, because at Ashton Gate nothing's changed at all!  :(

I thought we started ok, then conceded that goal from a free header (inexcusable).....and then we did nothing for a large chunk of the game, which is pretty typical. Sheff Wed found it far too easy to contain us, which is also pretty typical. Nowhere near good enough from City. 

1 minute ago, lenred said:

What a load of shite. Another weak gutless and pathetic performance with no ideas.  Who’s getting the blame from LJ this week I wonder? 

Pre match LJ commented on the advantage of us being home as players dont have to stay in hotels etc, what garbage, did any one tell Gary Monk and Sheff Wed that.........................go now please

1 minute ago, Sir Geoff said:

Mid table mediocrity beckons

Beckons? We're already there. I'm more afraid of lower table mediocrity for the rest of this season.

There has to be a vast rethink and a massive turn-around, to keep him in his job for 20/21.

Johnson needs to go but I don't think there is any chance of it happening this season unless maybe we lost say 6 out of the 8 games.  He was part of our progression to the place where we are but it has seemed evident he cannot take us any further. Players look disinterested in all honesty. Perhaps they are just confused and lacking in motivation.  We are mid-table and in all honesty that is a fair reflection of performances all season, results in recent months.

I have renewed my Season card for next year but it is notable how uninvolved I feel with everything.  The passion has waned and it is purely down to performances and our seemingly having no idea.

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Is there anyone left that he trusts ?

Was going to say Scotty as kit man but even then some staff had Bristol Sport kit on and some Hummel (wtf was that all about btw?). Ps Love you Scotty - sure it wasn’t his fault!  

Just now, RedRock said:

Diabolical.

Utter shambles.

Get rid now.

New manager bounce might just get us in the play offs. Otherwise, relegation bound next season. 

Sorry,.but are u clinacally insane?  or just a obsessive optimist?   A new manager bounce might get us in the play offs?  We could recruit Klopp and still not get higher than 12th.  Our season is OVER.  We need to get rid of LJ, and build for next season with a manager who is tactically adept and can motivate.  Forget this season , it is a write off.

Abysmal.  We'll be lucky to finish 16th at this rate.  And Wednesday were nothing special - just a solid team with everyone playing in their correct positions.

Let's be fair to Johnson  - we have had some good times as well as bad like the Man Utd win but you have to say we should be doing much better with the calibre of players Johnson has at this disposal.

He's had a good run but after 4 years it has to be time for a change.  I would put McAllister in temporary charge and then get a new manager for next season.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

If we finish mid table when the stated objective was a play off finish, I’d say that was an unacceptable degree of failure.

Not in many people’s eyes it seems.....how so many people still support him beggars belief.  

2 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Like I've just said, he's taken as far as he can. But to call him a shite manager and a clown is factually incorrect and frankly childish and pathetic, especially if it's coming from an adult.

Can we not just say he's not good enough to take us that extra percent without the abuse? 

Very well said.

Anyone with half a brain can appreciate that he saved us from relegation in his first season, and has since steadily turned us from relegation candidates to play off contenders. That’s a respectable achievement. It’s time for a change, but all the “clown” type commenters need to grow up.

5 minutes ago, Offside said:

I thought we started ok, then conceded that goal from a free header (inexcusable).....and then we did nothing for a large chunk of the game, which is pretty typical. Sheff Wed found it far too easy to contain us, which is also pretty typical. Nowhere near good enough from City. 

Which is pretty typical.

7 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Diabolical.

Utter shambles.

Get rid now.

New manager bounce might just get us in the play offs. Otherwise, relegation bound next season. 

Another poster stated he was glad we had 55 points, 5 less and we might have been dragged into a relegation battle, from what I witnessed today there would be no might about it.

17 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

No disrespect to Zak Vyner and I'm pleased to see him playing but I feel Palmer would be a better option to turn a game around...

other than Lee Johnson who wouldn't have thought Palmer a better option to turn a game around! I doubt that even Zak Viner would have brought himself on!

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Very well said.

Anyone with half a brain can appreciate that he saved us from relegation in his first season, and has since steadily turned us from relegation candidates to play off contenders. That’s a respectable achievement. It’s time for a change, but all the “clown” type commenters need to grow up.

Yep. You can think it's time for him to go whilst still acknowledging the progress made. Anyone who can't see that isn't worth arguing with.

6 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Like I've just said, he's taken as far as he can. But to call him a shite manager and a clown is factually incorrect and frankly childish and pathetic, especially if it's coming from an adult.

Can we not just say he's not good enough to take us that extra percent without the abuse? 

This. 

He’s been poor this season but we’ve had year on year improvement.

I believe it is now time to go. 

Archived