IGNORED

Bristol City v Sheffield Wednesday - Match Day 39

Davefevs

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I think the danger is that if you give LJ next season, you’ve just wasted next season. And a new manager would more likely have to recover a relegation dogfight rather than a promotion push. 

The problem is that he will get a budget for players that will allow him to not be in the relegation dogfight. We just won't be in the promotion fight either. As you say though a waste of another season

8 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Fair response.

I think the other thing I'd say is that this season was seen as top six or bust by some and I think even people from inside the club made clear that was the expectation.

I could live with us being competitive and missing out but we've seven games to go after this and the manager doesn't seem to know his best team, we regularly get through games with - at most - two or three shots on target, we concede soft and disorganised goals and players never seem to play to their potential.

I feel LJ has been given time to get it right and given more time after that. But this is his squad and he's been given time to do things his way. We've never really found our flow all season but, now we've got players back to fitness and still aren't performing, I just don't see how we can justify continuing with LJ.

Best case scenario, we make a change and a caretaker gets us into the play-offs. Even without that, the gap between this season and next will be short making a decision now means that there is a time to focus on the right appointment for next year to be in place by the last day to get the whole break to put things in place. 

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Without question now is the time for a change. We’re a steady, stable club with a good squad but we have a manager who hasn’t shown he is able to take us any further than he already has. Don’t wait for the rot to set in.

We’re an attractive proposition, ground redeveloped , training ground being revamped a decent squad of players a few tweaks and structure and we’re realistic top six 

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Almost a preseason for a new guy.

Gives whoever four or five games to look at the squad , make a decision on Afobe for example - start afresh next season 

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I think the danger is that if you give LJ next season, you’ve just wasted next season. And a new manager would more likely have to recover a relegation dogfight rather than a promotion push. 

With respect Fordy, I think suggesting we'd be in a relegation fight is over the top nonsense. Would also say the same if anyone spoke about us challenging for the title or autos next season.

5 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

"Only a few games left, no point bringing someone in now"

"He's had the summer, might as well give him a fair shot this season"

"He's almost at the January window, give him some reinforcements and see what he can do"

"He's got the team he wants now, give him until the end of the season and then judge"

"Only a few games left, no point bringing someone in now..."

Well no.

If we were bottom half at Christmas next season then he'd clearly be failing and a sacking would be justified. 

Just now, daored said:

We’re an attractive proposition, ground redeveloped , training ground being revamped a decent squad of players a few tweaks and structure and we’re realistic top six 

Gives whoever four or five games to look at the squad , make a decision on Afobe for example - start afresh next season 

Why would Afobe join permanently?  Never going to happen. 

Sheffield Wednesday in turmoil but look better in every department.

They move it quickly, they press high and in numbers, everyone wants the ball. 

I can’t believe either Smith or Nagy hasn’t just stood on Bannan. Everything they do goes through him.

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

Because we're 3 seasons on from when we were relegation fodder.

It does happen, but it is rare for teams to go from a bottom quarter of the table side to a top quarter of the table side in 3 years (I know someone will probably bring up Leicester. It happens, but it is rare).

I also think the Afobe injury has had a big impact on our season, and while he is back now, he isnt in peak fitness and match sharpness as he was before the injury. Even though our biggest issue has actually been defending rather than attacking.

Well the way we are playinig its not to late to  mount a relegation challenge what is it going to take before you wake up to what yer watching pure clueless SHITE

1 minute ago, Kibs said:

Sheffield Wednesday in turmoil but look better in every department.

They move it quickly, they press high and in numbers, everyone wants the ball. 

I can’t believe either Smith or Nagy hasn’t just stood on Bannan. Everything they do goes through him.

Been better all over pitch. 1-2 flatters us.

Just now, bobbyhutchscurlymullet said:

The Cruyff turn, the Maradona turn, the O'dowda turn. Then lose 50 yards

To be fair that passage of play sums us up. Put pressure on us and we arnt good enough to play around you.  We should be piling the pressure on now. We cant even get the ball. Could you see us seing a game out like this? Not a ******* chance. I'm honestly in disbelief that some really thinks we should give him another season.

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

Why would Afobe join permanently?  Never going to happen. 

Why wouldn’t he? I get the impression from the way he speaks he likes the club , I think they’ve supported him well with everything he’s gone through. If he’s played  out on the left I would agree , but I don’t  think it’s an unrealistic signing 

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

With respect Fordy, I think suggesting we'd be in a relegation fight is over the top nonsense. Would also say the same if anyone spoke about us challenging for the title or autos next season.

Well no.

If we were bottom half at Christmas next season then he'd clearly be failing and a sacking would be justified. 

What has he done this season to justify another chance next season?

Archived