IGNORED

Bristol City v Sheffield Wednesday - Match Day 39

Davefevs

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

If we finish mid table when the stated objective was a play off finish, I’d say that was an unacceptable degree of failure.

Not in many people’s eyes it seems.....how so many people still support him beggars belief.  

Edited by lenred

2 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Like I've just said, he's taken as far as he can. But to call him a shite manager and a clown is factually incorrect and frankly childish and pathetic, especially if it's coming from an adult.

Can we not just say he's not good enough to take us that extra percent without the abuse? 

Very well said.

Anyone with half a brain can appreciate that he saved us from relegation in his first season, and has since steadily turned us from relegation candidates to play off contenders. That’s a respectable achievement. It’s time for a change, but all the “clown” type commenters need to grow up.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Offside said:

I thought we started ok, then conceded that goal from a free header (inexcusable).....and then we did nothing for a large chunk of the game, which is pretty typical. Sheff Wed found it far too easy to contain us, which is also pretty typical. Nowhere near good enough from City. 

Which is pretty typical.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Diabolical.

Utter shambles.

Get rid now.

New manager bounce might just get us in the play offs. Otherwise, relegation bound next season. 

Another poster stated he was glad we had 55 points, 5 less and we might have been dragged into a relegation battle, from what I witnessed today there would be no might about it.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

No disrespect to Zak Vyner and I'm pleased to see him playing but I feel Palmer would be a better option to turn a game around...

other than Lee Johnson who wouldn't have thought Palmer a better option to turn a game around! I doubt that even Zak Viner would have brought himself on!

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Very well said.

Anyone with half a brain can appreciate that he saved us from relegation in his first season, and has since steadily turned us from relegation candidates to play off contenders. That’s a respectable achievement. It’s time for a change, but all the “clown” type commenters need to grow up.

Yep. You can think it's time for him to go whilst still acknowledging the progress made. Anyone who can't see that isn't worth arguing with.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Like I've just said, he's taken as far as he can. But to call him a shite manager and a clown is factually incorrect and frankly childish and pathetic, especially if it's coming from an adult.

Can we not just say he's not good enough to take us that extra percent without the abuse? 

This. 

He’s been poor this season but we’ve had year on year improvement.

I believe it is now time to go. 

• Like 1

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

If we finish mid table when the stated objective was a play off finish, I’d say that was an unacceptable degree of failure.

I don’t think LJ will be here if we don’t make top 6, mainly because the performances have been so poor (we are going backwards). Watching Ashton before the match I don’t think he’ll tolerate it and I think Lansdown will listen to Ashton. 

1 minute ago, Br1stolCityBoy said:

Ideal time to bring in a new manager for next season. It won’t happen though!

I agree on both counts. We have a relatively meaningless run of games. We're highly unlikely to vault 5 clubs to reach the play-offs. Equally, i don't think we're quite bad enough to go down and we have enough points banked to keep us safe.

Unusually, the close season will be minute this year and a new manager won't have much time for a pre-season to assess the players.

Mr Lansdown, start looking this afternoon for a new guy. He can see what we have in the club; where the problems are; where players fit best; where strengthening is required; in the remaining 7 games.

I don't expect Lansdown to do this. But it would be the wise decision. 

Say thanks for everything Lee but we need a new man to push us on, and give that guy some real games to look over the team in order to set up for next season. 

• Like 6

Just now, Red Exile said:

other than Lee Johnson who wouldn't have thought Palmer a better option to turn a game around! I doubt that even Zak Viner would have brought himself on!

Sad to say but Vyner brings more to the team than Palmer who does a couple stepovers and loses the ball countless times a game.

Yes he has had moments in a handful of games, but for 4 million pounds he should be forcing Johnson to play him with his quality.

If you're not getting in ahead of players like Weimann, O'Dowda, Nagy or Massengo who just run around like headless chickens there must be something going on.

• Like 1

Just now, Red-Robbo said:

I agree on both counts. We have a relatively meaningless run of games. We're highly unlikely to vault 5 clubs to reach the play-offs. Equally, i don't think we're quite bad enough to go down and we have enough points banked to keep us safe.

Unusually, the close season will be minute this year and a new manager won't have much time for a pre-season to assess the players.

Mr Lansdown, start looking this afternoon for a new guy. He can see what we have in the club; where the problems are; where players fit best; where strengthening is required; in the remaining 7 games.

I don't expect Lansdown to do this. But it would be the wise decision. 

Say thanks for everything Lee but we need a new man to push us on, and give that guy some real games to look over the team in order to set up for next season. 

Far too sensible RR. Heart says SL May well do it this time but head says he won’t. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Very well said.

Good to see so many accepting that it's time for change. But some humility from the LJ glee club would be welcomed. Been obvious to many of us that he's been our of his depth for 18 months, if not two years. And we've taken abuse for it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

Sad to say but Vyner brings more to the team than Palmer who does a couple stepovers and loses the ball countless times a game.

Yes he has had moments in a handful of games, but for 4 million pounds he should be forcing Johnson to play him with his quality.

If you're not getting in ahead of players like Weimann, O'Dowda, Nagy or Massengo who just run around like headless chickens there must be something going on.

there certainly must be something going on if the creative option to unlock a defence is to bring on a defender who's not played for the club for a couple of years...as opposed to a proven promotion winning creative attacking player you signed for a tidy sum less than a year ago....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Selred said:

Look at the number of players used this season. We are one of the highest. 

Changing 7 players is ridiculous. How can you get consistency? How can you form a relationship over a period of games? 

We've used 31 players which is the 6th highest in the division; 'one of the highest' is a bit of a reach. The average number of players used per club this season is 28.79.

If you then look at the players this includes for us Marlon Pack (1 app - 90 minutes), Liam Walsh (1 app - 90 minutes) & Matty Taylor (1 app - 10 minutes), we're actually about average for 'number of players used this season' and none of the aforementioned players would have an effect on 'consistency' especially considering they would've left within the first month of the season. Even the likes of Szmodics (4 apps - 179 minutes), Rodri (6 apps - 151 minutes) Semenyo & Henriksen who are all included have had little game time to have made an effect on consistency.   

Changing 7 players would be ridiculous if there were no logical reasons for the changes however, there are reasons. A very poor performance and with players returning from injuries/fitness, changes were the right move to be made.

10 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Well said Badger. The abuse is unnecessary, so is the petulance. None of us on here get to decide whether a manager stays or goes; it's fair enough to have a view, but to keep shouting the same thing, louder and louder, and with more and more abuse thrown in, just comes across like a child not getting its own way. And I'm pretty sure that's what we've got to look forward to the rest of today on here.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Good to see so many accepting that it's time for change. But some humility from the LJ glee club would be welcomed. Been obvious to many of us that he's been our of his depth for 18 months, if not two years. And we've taken abuse for it.

I don’t think it’s been obvious at all - we took last season to the final day and looked to have recruited well with Afobe etc. That was improvement on the previous year. 

This season clearly its gone wrong and now is time to move on.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

I suppose what it comes down to is that he's played a quality central striker as a winger today, he's started O'Dowda over our most creative and explosive winger and he's refused to even bring on Palmer despite the fact that he and Afobe link up so well. I'm not sure what you'd call that but I'd say it qualifies as shit management. 
To call him a clown may be a bit far but the fans have every right to be frustrated when he's making stupid decisions like these and then continues to spout the same old shit. He needs to stop blaming the players, it's just killing their desire to play for him and with him constantly changing systems they have to put up with being played out of position as well as having to change the way they play week in week out. I honestly do not have any blame for the majority of the players right now, it's time to LJ to take some responsibility seeing as he's very quick to accept the credit when things go his way.

• Like 4