IGNORED

Bristol City v Sheffield Wednesday - Match Day 39

Davefevs

5 minutes ago, Spud55 said:

Well he can, he can have a stable side and system, the man has again just binned off players at random while leaving arguably bar Bentley the 2 worst players in in Massengo and COD in the side. 

It's an attacking line up, but then attacking and scoring is not our problem, we are on eof the top scoring sides in the division, yet we are one of the worst sides in the league at the back. 

Bentley - poor last week

Pereira - injured

Kalas - part of the shit show of a defence

Rowe - anyone going to criticise him for picking Dasilva over Rowe?

Eliasson - depending on formation may not fit, 442 defensively weak in front of hunt, 433 wanting the 3 strikers on the pitch perhaps

Pato - Again could be tactical shape but does drift in and out of games

Diedhiou - Different type of striker wanted this week perhaps, Weimann, Wells, Afobe indicate we may not be knocking it long unless its down channels to chase

So not really at random I'd say

1 minute ago, BCFC Grim said:

I was more thinking wide of a front three, which I still think would be silly. Let's be honest, nothing would surprise us.

Wells likes to drift, come deep and get involved with play. I wouldn't be surprised if Afobe plays a high forward with Weimann and Wells slightly deeper allowed to drift and get involved with play, both good and making forward runs off the ball as well so coming from deeper could work

2 minutes ago, Super said:

Did you watch the game last week? Not sure any of those 7 can have any complaints.

I agree. But let’s face it the coach picked them set them up and told them what he wanted. If LJ had been ‘dropped‘ after that he could have had few complaints by the same token. 

4 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Morrell & Walsh not available then

I thought they could only be considered if we proved we had no other options to fill their positions? We do, so we can’t use them.

6 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Morrell & Walsh not available then

If they were then they'd have to go through testing protocol which takes a good 8-10 days for results, EFL rule only changed on Thursday

29 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

@Davefevs is it ok with you if a mod makes this the MDT? I had to do something else this morning and I only just remembered. ?‍♀️

@Dollymarie @RedM @Ian M @WesM @phantom @TomF 

If Dave says ok, can you make this Match Day 39 please.

Can Dave so it every game please.

Aside from all the "comedy" western references, I thought it was an excellent, interesting post, I'd much prefer @Davefevs analysis, personally I think his footballing knowledge stand outs and makes of a far more interesting, easy read.

Clearly changes had to be made after last week. Had he picked the same side this place would be in meltdown.

My gripe is that the most inconsistent player we have, O’Dowda, is a “trusted” player yet our most creative player Elliason  is stuck on the bench contemplating where he will be moving to next season!!

You also have to question how, after 38 league matches, we are needing to make SEVEN changes to arrive at his trusted XI.

21 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Do I make that 24m on the bench?

You'd also be correct if you said that the manager has dropped HIS signings which are Bristol City record signing fees for:

Goalkeeper - Bentley

Defender - Kalas

Striker - Fammy.

Quite an achievement, even by Johnson's standards.

23 minutes ago, brad blit said:

Smacks of desperation.

How many other managers would make 7 un-inforced changes at this point in season?? 

None, especially after a mini pre-season, just shows how effing wrong he got it last week.

18 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

Cod needs a big performance today after keeping his place after last week.

He owes us one big time.  Watershed moment for him today.

17 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

If he picked the same side that played so poorly last week, people would moan. Makes changes, people moan. I think people just like moaning

Exactly this.

Last week was so poor he had to change it and everyone was rightly critical of the team selection. He changes it and people are on his back.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

5 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

If I was an away supporter and I saw Afobe and Wells lining up against my team I would be seriously worried. Shame we don’t create **** all for them 

Perhaps LJ knows the writing is on the wall that he will not be at the gate in two weeks time if we loose today. He is still in a fantasy kind of world 

1 minute ago, Riaz said:

O’Dowda in the middle of the park again?!

never works! We always fall apart!

Just now, Numero Uno said:

Clearly changes had to be made after last week. Had he picked the same side this place would be in meltdown.

My gripe is that the most inconsistent player we have, O’Dowda, is a “trusted” player yet our most creative player Elliason  is stuck on the bench contemplating where he will be moving to next season!!

You also have to question how, after 38 league matches, we are needing to make SEVEN changes to arrive at his trusted XI.

Elliason not one of his trusted players that's pretty much all of our assists out of the starting 11. 

25 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Do I make that 24m on the bench?

No that’s £24m of “talent identification”, scouting, player selection and decision making that cannot be trusted. 
is it the players, the process, or the decision makers that can’t be trusted? 

Midfield looks embarrassingly light.  We can have the greatest attackers in the division on that pitch but if the midfield is over run we will be in trouble

unless the strikers take all of their limited chances. 3-0 city COYR! LJ master stroke #tacticalgenius

Archived