IGNORED

Bristol City v Sheffield Wednesday - Match Day 39

Davefevs

6 minutes ago, hodge said:

Bentley - poor last week

Pereira - injured

Kalas - part of the shit show of a defence

Rowe - anyone going to criticise him for picking Dasilva over Rowe?

Eliasson - depending on formation may not fit, 442 defensively weak in front of hunt, 433 wanting the 3 strikers on the pitch perhaps

Pato - Again could be tactical shape but does drift in and out of games

Diedhiou - Different type of striker wanted this week perhaps, Weimann, Wells, Afobe indicate we may not be knocking it long unless its down channels to chase

So not really at random I'd say

Bentley, agree. 

Rowe, never should have started at left back last week, but did fine, so arguably no reason to drop him. 

Kalas, wasn't brilliant but you could stick Cannavaro and Nesta behind our Midfield and they struggle. 

Elliasson, arguably our only creative player, and unless you are playing 3-5-2 should be in the side. 

Pato, since coming back from Derby has anyone got close to his goals and assists? Was better than most last week. 

Fam, top scorer, and our best player by a mile since Christmas, should not be dropped. 

Making these changes bar Bentley yet keeping COD in the side who has been absolute shite for 18 months now. Massengo was absolutely awful as well, yet keeps his place. 

So I stand by my random comment. 

18 minutes ago, westonred said:

Come on how can you leave an international midfielder on the bench and pick COD the 3 up front look strong but weak midfield again which is where we lose matches

Well LJ played in midfield for us. Perhaps he’s still dreaming where he thought how good he was playing in this position. Then he woke up.

8 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

Can Dave so it every game please.

Aside from all the "comedy" western references, I thought it was an excellent, interesting post, I'd much prefer @Davefevs analysis, personally I think his footballing knowledge stand outs and makes of a far more interesting, easy read.

I think davefevs should be our next manager ??

5 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Exactly this.

Last week was so poor he had to change it and everyone was rightly critical of the team selection. He changes it and people are on his back.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

I think the fact that people have seen all his before might just be influencing the moaning! 

1 minute ago, Spud55 said:

Pato, since coming back from Derby has anyone got close to his goals and assists? Was better than most last week. 

Fam, top scorer, and our best player by a mile since Christmas, should not be dropped.

Having watched the Blackburn game back through I wasn't overly impressed with Pato, even his goal was headed pretty much straight at the keeper who parried it in

Fam is level with Weimann if you take away penalties and Weimann plays a lot on the wing, Wells division scoring record much better than Fam and Afobe had started really well for us.

Sky saying 442 with Weimann wide, easy to say why no Palmer as he won't play in a midfield 2, Eliasson not defensively strong enough infront on Hunt?

1 minute ago, City oz said:

Well LJ played in midfield for us. Perhaps he’s still dreaming where he thought how good he was playing in this position. Then he woke up.

You’d think he’d have worked out the need for a Marv Elliott type to do all the dirty stuff and provide the energy.... or maybe he didn’t spot that playing right next to him. 

I know we use the term "must win" far too often these days but this game really is a must win. 

Lose today and we are 5 points from 6th and watching the results of 5 teams above us and needing them to slip up as much as we need to win. 

Win today and we are 2 points from the play offs and only need the team above us to slip up as long as we keep going. 

A 5 point gap with 5 teams to overtake would be a massive, almost impossible ask with 7 to go. 

It's a must win, COYR. 

2 minutes ago, Selred said:

Gary O'Neil an interesting pundit talking about his own experience. 

Didn't rate him here but talking well. 

Generally does come across well, balanced in his views as well given he didn't exactly have a good time with us 

5 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

You’d think he’d have worked out the need for a Marv Elliott type to do all the dirty stuff and provide the energy.... or maybe he didn’t spot that playing right next to him. 

Makes you wonder doesn’t it!

Archived