IGNORED

Cardiff

daored

5 hours ago, westonred said:

He hasn't been sacked yet because they are very close family friends SL  What is the old saying " Never Mix Business with Pleasure"  I'm sure if a manager working for Hargreaves Lansdown was under achieving for so long and cost the company millions of pounds each year he would have been got rid of very quickly..    Do you think any other club would give LJ the time and money that he has had only to produce a top 7 team

In a word....yes !

4 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

All the posters that have rubbished Johnson's achievements in improving our league position for 4 seasons whilst having money to spend have conveniently forgot to mention the players he has sold. He has raked in tens of millions for the club by selling some of our best players every season and still improved our position.

Be very careful what you wish for. I wonder how many Arsenal fans would take back Wenger now?

LJ hasn’t raked in millions for us, Ashton has. Don’t be fooled by thinking LJ calls the shots with who he can and can’t sell. His job is to coach, improve the players, pick the team and shape, motivate - a job he’s failing miserably to do in my eyes. 

I'd say it's unlikely that the teams below Cardiff will bag more than 16 points from 7 games remaining. That's an unlikely 5 wins, 1 draw. 

For Preston or Derby, that's a total points tally of 73 points. 

For Cardiff, that is 4 wins and 1 draw, which is more attainable, although probably not needed.

For City, that is 18 points from 8 games. Not gonna happen!

Let's say Cardiff only manage 3 wins, 2 draws, 2 defeats....

We'd need 5 wins, 1 draw to match 71 points, then probably an extra draw to overcome goal difference deficit.

The fact that we still play Cardiff is key, and that really has to be one of our wins. 

Doesn't feel very likely!

5 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

I got laughed at when I said Neil Harris is one of the best young managers in the game and he'll do a good job at Cardiff. 

I’m not sure many Cardiff fans felt that way either....we’ve been quite fortunate that key players that would have missed the end of the regular season are now back.....Still, long way to go

15 hours ago, greengrass said:

To say performances over the past 2 years have been turgid is being very generous. I have been a supporter for over 60 years & have never been so regularly bored with the abysmal "style" of play. We all pay a lot of money & want to be entertained. I don't expect us to win every game but I at least expect to be entertained. My family has 3 season tickets & I am seriously considering cancelling the direct debit on Monday before any money is taken from my account.

Down to LJ to get it sorted pronto!

I am in the same boat of being bored. For me it has been 45 years being a supporter, but over the past couple of seasons the drivel Johnson has served up has been awful, and unfortunately it’s going to continue if he remains. 

It was a fairly even and scrappy game yesterday, but Cardiff had great options off the bench and we didn't. Nugent missed a sitter at the end to level it as well before they ran up the other end and scored.

At this point I'd be amazed if we finish in a play-off spot. We must have the worst set of centre forwards in the division (8 goals between 4 of them so far this season) and it's costing us.

We had found ourselves in the same position as we did under Billy Davies where we had a good team and manager but investment in strikers didn't arrive, and it cost us dearly.

Cardiff didn't look special but they were solid, had good physicality and pace, and had great options off the bench.

On 27/06/2020 at 14:37, Lez said:

Well do you seriously think he will be gone by the start of next season?

I’d like to see him gone before I have me tea tonight , the bloke is a wimp ,no passion same drivel comes from his quivering bottom lip every post match interview sick to death with him , have you ever seen him rip a new ass hole from the touch line NO if the players aren’t responding get into em you flipping pussy 

I wasnt looking Forward to our match at yours, but since the return we look strong. Moreover, we are starting to play a bit, out from the back which we hardly ever did under NW as you well know. Remember, we owe you one for what you did at our place earlier in the season. Some say you cost NW his job......Could go either way.

On 27/06/2020 at 19:46, mozo said:

Poor goal difference, along with streakiness and the play off position collapse, is a curious theme of Johnson's reign. Very odd.

@Davefevs

The GD thing is very interesting. I remember watching that when you put it up before, Dave.

Someone was on otib saying "yeah, but ..." about Brentford (and the case against LJ and how he compares to BFC, whether to sack or back) the other day, highlighting that Brentford have finished 11th (last season) and 9th in the last two seasons (ie we're not a million miles away from where they were recently)

But look at their GD and ours:

14/15

Brentford 5th +19

15/16

Brentford 9th +5      Us  minus loads (but not really Lee's doing that season).

16/17:

Brentford 10th +10        Us  17th  -6

17/18:

Brentford 9th +10          Us  11th +9

18/19:

Brentford 11th +14         Us  8th +6

19/20:

Brentford and us - poles apart (even though we have been around 6th for most of it).

Brentford are convincing and entertaining; we are scraping by, when winning (as I think the xg and all that data chaps have suggested). We are never convincing. We are a long way off where Brentford are at and have been over the last 5 seasons; we have seen this for ourselves when we play them. Even when we get points off them, it has been undeserved and they have been all over us.

1 hour ago, Montpelierblue said:

I wasnt looking Forward to our match at yours, but since the return we look strong. Moreover, we are starting to play a bit, out from the back which we hardly ever did under NW as you well know. Remember, we owe you one for what you did at our place earlier in the season. Some say you cost NW his job......Could go either way.

Only one way its going the way we are playing atm. Unless we get a new manager bounce! 

@Moments of Pleasure

yep, exactly why I shared that TedTalk with Rasmus Ankerson.  At some point our goal difference will turn into negative results (like it did for Newcastle) and we’ll be in big trouble.

When was the last time we win a game convincingly?

Luton (h) 3-0.

Huddersfield (h) 5-2 was a strange one, but probably that too.

Twice all season.

Huge mid-week for Cardiff, the play off contenders... and us...

Cardiff v Charlton tonight gives the Welshmen a chance to give themselves as much as a 6 point cushion in 6th.

With Preston v Derby in a big showdown tomorrow, crucial points could be dropped.

As for City, well we failed in our 'must win' on Sunday, leaving us with a 'must win both this week and hope for others to drop points'.

Cardiff could go 8 points clear of us this evening. Alternatively, if Charlton do a job for us, we could be 2 behind Cardiff before we play them on Saturday. 

I know we're all already mourning the demise of our season, but the miracle recovery starts with a Charlton win...

9 minutes ago, mozo said:

Huge mid-week for Cardiff, the play off contenders... and us...

Cardiff v Charlton tonight gives the Welshmen a chance to give themselves as much as a 6 point cushion in 6th.

With Preston v Derby in a big showdown tomorrow, crucial points could be dropped.

As for City, well we failed in our 'must win' on Sunday, leaving us with a 'must win both this week and hope for others to drop points'.

Cardiff could go 8 points clear of us this evening. Alternatively, if Charlton do a job for us, we could be 2 behind Cardiff before we play them on Saturday. 

I know we're all already mourning the demise of our season, but the miracle recovery starts with a Charlton win...

Charlton played well last time at there place. It won’t be easy, if only we could play Leeds every week.

On 27/06/2020 at 14:38, Lez said:

Interesting that neither Pack or Flint are getting in the team. Fans dont rate either of them and hardly started.

My brother in law who is an avid Cardiff supporter and part time match attendee says that they are not of championship standard anymore, too slow apparently.

Archived