IGNORED

Todays games

Super

48 minutes ago, Harry said:

Or, it’s an ultra-competitive league where anyone can beat anyone, and there are about 10 teams who are pretty much on a par vying for the playoffs. 

Well realistically I’ve seen us be shit (but manage to pick up wins) for well over 50% of games. That must equate to everyone else else being shit too. Or damned unlucky. 

3 hours ago, paul_fox said:

1 season wonder. No way he'd have scored near that amount for us again especially 

How do you know? Nice to see LJ getting some credit. If Fulham don’t do up I can see them coming in for LJ. He is after all a Fulham fan.

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

IF ........... we win.

But we never do.

True, 2 draws and 4 defeats in our last 6, and nothing in the 'comeback' performance to suggest much will change.

Just have to pray we are miraculously transformed tomorrow, or that Wednesday are even more abysmal than we are.

6 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

And it is now completely in our own hands. Will our balls be big enough??? We shall see. 

The stupid thing, is that you’re right.  It does only require a streak.  The thing is if he goes with say 5212 tomorrow, wins, then gets say 4 points from Cardiff / Forest, I will still be saying “so why didn’t he go 5212 v Blackburn”.  I want City to do well, I want us to be in with a shout a few weeks time.

But in some ways I’d give LJ more respect if he went with the same 4411 as last week and proved he can improve them on the training ground....and that he was right last week, but let down by the players.

3 hours ago, Harry said:

Or, it’s an ultra-competitive league where anyone can beat anyone, and there are about 10 teams who are pretty much on a par vying for the playoffs. 

Or in history it's very unlikely a team with 7 games to go with a negative goal difference makes the play offs.

Probably  Johnson Senior the last one. Or were we +1. ?

We COULD  make it for sure, but do you believe, apart from blind hope we will?  A win tomorrow is a must. It annoys me that I think it's possible, half way would suit me now as I don't believe we have any chance of turning Brentford,WBA over.

OK had another Thatchers now bring  it on!!!

5 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Or in history it's very unlikely a team with 7 games to go with a negative goal difference makes the play offs.

Probably  Johnson Senior the last one. Or were we +1. ?

We COULD  make it for sure, but do you believe, apart from blind hope we will?  A win tomorrow is a must. It annoys me that I think it's possible, half way would suit me now as I don't believe we have any chance of turning Brentford,WBA over.

OK had another Thatchers now bring  it on!!!

I don’t think we’ll make it and I don’t think we’re good enough, but my point to the other chap was that this is not a shit division. I know he was only jesting but thought I’d make that point anyway. 

On 27/06/2020 at 16:33, Lanterne Rouge said:

3-0 Leeds

That pass from Hernandez to Harrison, wow! Reminiscent of Tins to Scotty!

I was purring, it was special from Pablo yet another moment of sheer class from our talisman, of course some of you will remember his goal on the turn down at Ashton Gate last August

Pablo is capable of playing a season in the premiership even at the tender age of 35, fingers-crossed we'll make it this time.

On 27/06/2020 at 16:57, Mr Popodopolous said:

Results haven't been too bad for us today. A draw at Deepdale would've been good but beyond that...I'd say it's been reasonable for us.

Credit to Bielsa. He made bold call at HT. He took off the scorer (Bamford) and the guy who got the assist (Costa).

That's brave but it did the job, got them a bit more control in midfield. Roberts went up front, Alioski or Hernandez, in a way doesn't matter who goes wide and who goes inside as both can switch.

Superb change from Bielsa

Without Pablo, we wouldn't have won that game in fact I was fearing a loss at half-time even though we were 1 up

7 minutes ago, 1964w said:

I was purring, it was special from Pablo yet another moment of sheer class from our talisman, of course some of you will remember his goal on the turn down at Ashton Gate last August

Pablo is capable of playing a season in the premiership even at the tender age of 35, fingers-crossed we'll make it this time.

I remember it. He's a fine if aging player- seem to recall he helped turn game at Elland Road,  the 2-2 one. I noted his danger early on 2nd half, very influential that game. 

Was tough viewing bur watched back the opening day of season as found it on YouTube.  Watched it back with a focus on tactics and game management etc. Lessons, takeaways that kind of thing.

Was hopeful going into Blackburn away that LJ may take some lessons. Could say last week 2nd bite of cherry for all. He did not!

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I remember it. He's a fine if aging player- seem to recall he helped turn game at Elland Road,  the 2-2 one. I noted his danger early on 2nd half, very influential that game. 

Was tough viewing bur watched back the opening day of season as found it on YouTube.  Watched it back with a focus on tactics and game management etc. Lessons, takeaways that kind of thing.

Was hopeful going into Blackburn away that LJ may take some lessons. Could say last week 2nd bite of cherry for all. He did not!

Yes he did, Pablo is so influential, we missed him badly at Cardiff as we generally do when he is unavailable. Thank god we got 43 minutes out of our Spanish magician

Is it time for Johnson to go ?

Finding the right coach is not easy, we waited 15 years before striking lucky with Marcelo Bielsa, he has turned mid-table players into a top of the table side. 

Good luck in your final seven games, it's not over yet!

Archived