IGNORED

Go get him Uncle Steve

Major Isewater

From the BBC ,

’ 

Meanwhile, Guardiola has again refused to say whether he will be willing to extend his City contract when it expires in 2021.

By then, he will have spent five seasons in Manchester, longer than he was in charge of Barcelona, and there is speculation he will be looking for another challenge.‘ 

What more of a challenge could he want ? 

I'm worried now, first Burney might be looking for a new manager, now Man City......and with their money, squad, and the best training complex in the world, it might just prove too tempting for Lee to refuse when he gets the call.

You ruined my Sunday now Major

The funny thing is, when managers like Pep, Mou and Zidane get to to the end of their careers, they'll reel off the trophies they've won, but they'll still never won a promotion, or successfully battled relegation, or managed a giant-killing.

It's funny that these elite-only managers can be hailed as the greats but never have to deal with these challenges. 

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

From the BBC ,

’Meanwhile, Guardiola has again refused to say whether he will be willing to extend his City contract when it expires in 2021.

By then, he will have spent five seasons in Manchester, longer than he was in charge of Barcelona, and there is speculation he will be looking for another challenge.‘ 

What more of a challenge could he want ? 

Ha! Pep is is one of the top, if the the very top managers In the world. He could go anywhere he wanted.

No doubt he’s immensely wealthy by now so money probably doesn’t  motivate him but as Mozo pointed out these top managers won’t have fought relegation battles or won promotions on limited budgets so maybe that kind of challenge  might appeal to someone like Pep. Could he work with players with less talent?     :dunno:

52 minutes ago, mozo said:

The funny thing is, when managers like Pep, Mou and Zidane get to to the end of their careers, they'll reel off the trophies they've won, but they'll still never won a promotion, or successfully battled relegation, or managed a giant-killing.

It's funny that these elite-only managers can be hailed as the greats but never have to deal with these challenges. 

Which is why Sir Alex Ferguson and Brian Clough will always been seen as the greatest. 

Sir Alex with Aberdeen (many people forget his success there) and clough for taking Derby from midtable division 2 (championship for you young ones) to the champions league semi final and Nottingham Forest, for more obvious reasons. To do that once is great, to repeat and better it a second time around is just phenomenal. 

It would be great to see someone with his experience, to be city manager. They go to other clubs , who have millions to spend,  and win titles.  That's great but are they satisfied? 

I like to see a manager come in , not spend too much money,  and use the players we have. Just imagine the like of Walsh , Massengo,  Eliasson,  Morrell etc being coached by him , and become better players,  instead of spending millions on a player that is already a very good player. 

Unfortunately none will , and we have to take an up and coming young manager. 

I would love to see Benìtez. 

2 hours ago, mozo said:

Only half joking I sometimes feel I could manage Man city.

4 hours ago, mozo said:

.....or the Gloucester Senior Cup. None of them.

Archived