IGNORED

Go get him Uncle Steve

Major Isewater

4 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

From the BBC ,

’ 

Meanwhile, Guardiola has again refused to say whether he will be willing to extend his City contract when it expires in 2021.

By then, he will have spent five seasons in Manchester, longer than he was in charge of Barcelona, and there is speculation he will be looking for another challenge.‘ 

What more of a challenge could he want ? 

Your Maj, you have hit the batter a tad early today old sock.

8 hours ago, The Batman said:

Which is why Sir Alex Ferguson and Brian Clough will always been seen as the greatest. 

Sir Alex with Aberdeen (many people forget his success there) and clough for taking Derby from midtable division 2 (championship for you young ones) to the champions league semi final and Nottingham Forest, for more obvious reasons. To do that once is great, to repeat and better it a second time around is just phenomenal. 

Fergie also won Scottish Div 1 as St Mirren Manager - and they were the only club to sack him as manager ... at the end of a season when he kept them in Scotland’s top division! Good grounding ...

16 hours ago, CodeRed said:

I'm worried now, first Burney might be looking for a new manager, now Man City......and with their money, squad, and the best training complex in the world, it might just prove too tempting for Lee to refuse when he gets the call.

You ruined my Sunday now Major

The only thing Burnley would want him for is tp be pilot of the next plane to fly over the Ethihad .

22 hours ago, The Batman said:

Which is why Sir Alex Ferguson and Brian Clough will always been seen as the greatest. 

Sir Alex with Aberdeen (many people forget his success there) and clough for taking Derby from midtable division 2 (championship for you young ones) to the champions league semi final and Nottingham Forest, for more obvious reasons. To do that once is great, to repeat and better it a second time around is just phenomenal. 

Fergie was clearly an amazing manager, but Clough easily wins for me. As you say, what he did with Derby and then with Forest was phenomenal. It's actually beyond phenomenal, there's not a word for just how incredible it was.

Pep's obviously a very good manager. But having success with Barcelona, Bayern and moneybags City isn't too hard for a very good manager. If he went to a smaller club (not necessarily 2nd tier level!) and did the same, then I'd be far more impressed.

2 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

Fergie was clearly an amazing manager, but Clough easily wins for me. As you say, what he did with Derby and then with Forest was phenomenal. It's actually beyond phenomenal, there's not a word for just how incredible it was.

Pep's obviously a very good manager. But having success with Barcelona, Bayern and moneybags City isn't too hard for a very good manager. If he went to a smaller club (not necessarily 2nd tier level!) and did the same, then I'd be far more impressed.

That's my thinking too re guardiola. 

I know Benitez managed Newcastle in the Championship but he was the manager when they were relegated and stayed with them. Would love to see some higher profile managers prove their worth by building a club from championship into the Premier league. (or Italian, French, German, Spanish equivalent) Would look better on their cv then. 

Simeone please Mr Lansdown. ?????? Might be pushing my luck with that one. 

12 minutes ago, mozo said:

If Villa are stupid enough to sack Dean Smith I'd definitely support his appointment. 

I don't think they are, most can appreciate how one dimensional their squad is with McGinn injured all season.

Plus he wanted Webster and Maupay and ended up with Engels and a striker who got injured for the entire season. 

They know they would be right in the mix to come back up again as well with him in charge. 

Archived