IGNORED

Johnson out

Red Army 75

6 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

That is truly nonsense.  I am a believer now that LJ time has come and he will be gone.  SL  has stated he wants season on season improvement.Thats his target. 

And we have had that, until  possibly this season.  No playoffs, as always he will then assess  and look at the picture at the end of the season.  I would suspect if we finish mid table as is most likely, then the managerial merry go round will spin again. 

However, the season ending and the start of the new one, no real pre season. But to say SL does not want premier league football is fake news.  He does. 

We shall see. If we do indeed finish mid table and Little Lee retains his job then that will be all the confirmation we need that SL and the board are happy with championship football.

They say bullshit baffles brains and that’s the case with this charlatan. Johnson’s time was up a long time ago. He’s tactically inept, is no man manager or master motivator. The evidence, if any was needed after the performances in recent years, is there to see. Worst of all is he takes no responsibility for his actions. He has to go.

Just now, bris red said:

We shall see. If we do indeed finish mid table and Little Lee retains his job then that will be all the confirmation we need that SL and the board are happy with championship football.

If things stay the same, this time next year we could be preparing for League One.

Not up to the job. The more he gets in terms of players the more confused and muddled his thinking becomes. He has to go. With this squad we should be good enough for the playoffs. But Johnson could have the Liverpool team and miss out. Wake up Lansdown and get rid of him.

Just now, ExiledAjax said:

One thing I'll say is that although LJ needs to go, I don't want him sacked until and unless we've got a new appointment ready to go.

Why ? We aren't going down and whats the point of rewarding the bluffer with a chance to string a couple of meaningless wins together and keep his job.

Just now, Natchfever said:

Why ? We aren't going down and whats the point of rewarding the bluffer with a chance to string a couple of meaningless wins together and keep his job.

A caretaker period would be useless imo.  

Just now, glen humphries said:

Doesn’t matter now , we’re not going down and won’t make the playoffs 

This has been the case all season. We've never looked like a promotion team.

7 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

One thing I'll say is that although LJ needs to go, I don't want him sacked until and unless we've got a new appointment ready to go.

But we keep losing with him so we cant do any worse without him staying on.

1 minute ago, WECANDO said:

But we keep losing with him so we cant do any worse with him staying on.

I guess what I am trying to get at is I don't want a panic appointment. We're not going down or up so really where is the harm in keeping him on whilst finding someone to replace? We can take a couple of weeks and go through a proper appointment process. Would Maccer or Holden take temporary command or would they leave with LJ? Firing him right now with no replacement incoming isn't the best way of getting rid of him IMO.

Having said that, I'll undermine my own argument by saying that there is part of me says ditch him now and let the players manage themselves for 7 games. Lunatics running the asylum couldn't be worse.

I understand that some players aren't giving what he expects, I understand that with many options in the squad it's not always easy to decide who should play in a specific role....but errors like leaving the midfield exposed in a difficult moment of the match (not the first time he does it) are not acceptable for a Championship manager who aims to challenge for playoffs.

I've nothing against him, and I recognize some positive things he did in previous seasons....but I think that backing LJ now would mean stalemate for BCFC, if not regression (we struggled against all three promoted teams, our form has been really poor, etc.). TBS, I fear that the financial consequences of Covid could mean another year of LJ in charge.

Anyone know if Warnock can stop by Bristol on his way to Middlesbrough?

He could coach the players for a day and then continue on to the North East and manage Middlesbrough on Saturday.  He could phone in any instructions to us at half time.

Can't do any worse than Johnson....

39 minutes ago, Dan Robin said:

I understand that some players aren't giving what he expects, I understand that with many options in the squad it's not always easy to decide who should play in a specific role....but errors like leaving the midfield exposed in a difficult moment of the match (not the first time he does it) are not acceptable for a Championship manager who aims to challenge for playoffs.

I've nothing against him, and I recognize some positive things he did in previous seasons....but I think that backing LJ now would mean stalemate for BCFC, if not regression (we struggled against all three promoted teams, our form has been really poor, etc.). TBS, I fear that the financial consequences of Covid could mean another year of LJ in charge.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if this was trotted out as a justification for keeping Steve's boy in charge.

If so, lets see how many season cards get sold.

2 hours ago, bris red said:

The sooner people realise Steve Lansdown doesn’t want Prem football the better.. a fantastic businessman but an awful football club owner.

I don’t think he is an awful owner, but too emotionally involved. Yes, to feel genuine love for the club is a bonus that many clubs don’t have but from a business point of view the heart seems to rule the head here.

Yes, we wanted the Johnson fairytale where the son did what the Father almost achieved, to to be fair Lee never got near to what his Dad achieved with a lot more at his disposal. The Project must be so strong with SL, but where does he draw the line? It is hard to admit you are wrong but harder still to see the club in this mess. 

Since Xmas we have been in relegation form, we are safe this season but as we all know a bad start to the next with the same set up etc and we could easily find ourselves propping up the table early on. Can we risk this?

Far from the first thread on this subject and it wont be the last.

The old re-build and sell off anyone will happen again this next break, and we will go again next season, season tickets are sold and will continue to be sold. Our hopes of better to come will be dashed by the end of this year.

Many fans will continue to moan but will keep returning for more and until they dont, things will not change.

Maybe the boss will get fed up of the same old same old year after year, one day, until he does even a million more threads like this one will not change anything.

This is us Bristol City, until things change, we stay the same.

It is time for LJ to go. The players and the fans have lost their confidence in him. It has been like that for ages. It is time for SL to listen to the fans and the players. Sorry Lee, thanks for glory night against Man Utd but it’s time for you to go. We need change. 

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

I have to disagree. If someone is not capable of doing the job then why should he be kept. We are clearly going no where  this season and he must be having a demoralising effect on players. Who can understand his tactics and selection. Rid the club of him once and for all. If only to be able to miss the endless bu11 shit that spouts from him.

Liam Walsh gets a special mention by our gaffer today. ‘We haven’t got anyone who can feed the forwards like Barry Bannan. We’re hoping Liam Walsh can be that kind of player for us next season’

Why exactly did you let him go out on loan then Lee, or recall him in January? Maybe it’s because Afobe was injured, Wells signed at back end of transfer window, so plan A was to continue to play hoof ball to Fam? 

Whatever his thinking was, when you start to contradict your own decisions, you know your losing the plot.

Sadly we miss Josh Brownhill and we have too many players off their games. It is not just the head coach.  We need to rebuild and we all know that Johnson can do that if only he is backed.  If we keep selling our best players, it will take a very long time to build a decent and consistent team. Teams that keep changing managers also have to keep turning over their squads of players and unless they are lucky, it does not always solve the problem. We need to keep our top talent and keep Lee Johnson.  Some of you may remember when we recruited Pulis and it changed from not very good to dreadful.

Archived