IGNORED

Johnson out

Red Army 75

4 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

I have to disagree. If someone is not capable of doing the job then why should he be kept. We are clearly going no where  this season and he must be having a demoralising effect on players. Who can understand his tactics and selection. Rid the club of him once and for all. If only to be able to miss the endless bu11 shit that spouts from him.

I respect the disagreement, and believe me there is a part of me that wants him gone now.

But. We've seen other clubs fire managers without a replacement lined up. That path often leads to a panicked appointment which ultimately only wastes more time when you then have to replace the replacement. I said in another post I'm not suggesting he stays for the whole of this or next season. Just take a week or two to interview, prepare, and ultimately have a managed transition to a new regime.

"we dust ourselves down and go again" thats original Lee....not. "we need to do better in both boxes"  we were ok in midfield then Lee? jeez were you watching the match?

After all those lockdown weeks I expected a lot from city these last 2 games.

Instead it’s been awful.The players don’t look interested at all.

A managers job is to get the best from their employees and LJ is definitely not doing that.

I think now is perfect time for a new manager to come in.7 games to evaluate everything and start the new season(whenever that maybe) ready to go again.

I’ve just got a feeling that SL won’t do anything because of this virus and all the uncertainty concerning playing contracts and the new normal concerning transfer fees/and revenue.

Ive got a horrible feeling if we stick with LJ we are heading for a relegation battle next year.

38 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I respect the disagreement, and believe me there is a part of me that wants him gone now.

But. We've seen other clubs fire managers without a replacement lined up. That path often leads to a panicked appointment which ultimately only wastes more time when you then have to replace the replacement. I said in another post I'm not suggesting he stays for the whole of this or next season. Just take a week or two to interview, prepare, and ultimately have a managed transition to a new regime.

When you have somebody who is having a negative effect on your operation in any walk of life you get rid of them. Not keep them while you await a replacement  In that time they will continue to have a negative impact on moral and players. Get rid now. Not that I think it will happen because Lansdown does not like to be proved wrong. When and if season ticket sales drop is when he will start to take notice.

7 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

When you have somebody who is having a negative effect on your operation in any walk of life you get rid of them. Not keep them while you await a replacement  In that time they will continue to have a negative impact on moral and players. Get rid now. Not that I think it will happen because Lansdown does not like to be proved wrong. When and if season ticket sales drop is when he will start to take notice.

Couldn't agree more on timing, get it done - but many of the ST holders like us, 12k JL suggested, have already renewed. If that's the case and SL is waiting for attendances to fall we are stuck with him for another year.

4 hours ago, redrob said:

Two goals conceded today a result of poor tactics (nobody on posts)

Zero excuse for that...even at half reasonable amatuer level.

I know Johnson coaches them & therefore ultimately carries the can..

But as players what the fecks going on?they know to cover the posts,, absolute basics... embarrassing for them.

Remember, SL said himself that the expectations this season was for a top 6 finish. We are on a bad run, but still within touching distance. 

If we don’t make the playoffs then he should be on his way. If we don’t make it and he still stays then that would be a real concern.

I have never seen so much tinkering going on at this club.

We just don’t look like we have any creativity regardless of what team is put onto the field.

For me it feels like it is all too pedestrian. It’s like the players are bored, there is no enthusiasm, no-one is busting a gut. 

The players don’t look like they are bothered about LJ’s tactics at all.

4 hours ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Chris Wilder in nearly the same timespan Lee Johnson has had in charge went from

League two champions with Northampton

League one champions with Sheffield United

Promotion from Championship with Sheffield United 

and made them effectively challenge for European qualification in the Premier League.

All the while Lee Johnson has taken nowhere with football getting worse year on year. 

Another one who “wasn’t good enough for our club” ??

1 hour ago, Bat Fastard said:

Sadly we miss Josh Brownhill and we have too many players off their games. It is not just the head coach.  We need to rebuild and we all know that Johnson can do that if only he is backed.  If we keep selling our best players, it will take a very long time to build a decent and consistent team. Teams that keep changing managers also have to keep turning over their squads of players and unless they are lucky, it does not always solve the problem. We need to keep our top talent and keep Lee Johnson.  Some of you may remember when we recruited Pulis and it changed from not very good to dreadful.

OMG. That is brilliant. I’ll have a pint of whatever you are drinking mate.

4 hours ago, Mendip City said:

And all brought in this year - they (Johnson, Ashton, the recruitment team, the Lansdowns) don’t know what they are doing. 

Personally think the recruitment is fine, but it means nawt if the tactics and coaching is pants 

On 28/06/2020 at 18:02, Robert the bruce said:

Zero excuse for that...even at half reasonable amatuer level.

I know Johnson coaches them & therefore ultimately carries the can..

But as players what the fecks going on?they know to cover the posts,, absolute basics... embarrassing for them.

I've heard it said by others with connectiona in the club that it's a purpoful tactic. LJ only ever has one player on the post at any time. But if the ball is not won first time the post player moves up to introduce the risk of offside and potentially preventing the ball that drops in the 6 yard box not being poached. 

Shane it seems that this tactic is often overridden by conceding at the posts. 

Archived