IGNORED

It's time Steve. They have wasted your money and faith!

REDOXO

3 hours ago, headhunter said:

He would seem more secure in his job than Dominic Cummings !!

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry. Both are charlatans that’s for sure, thinking that they are way cleverer than they really are, and that we can’t see through them.

5 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry. Both are charlatans that’s for sure, thinking that they are way cleverer than they really are, and that we can’t see through them.

I nearly agreed with you, but then my it's only football thinking came into operation. LJ may not be good enough, but that other bloke is a ****.

Love the way Steve Lansdown is getting off scot free in all of this.

I accept the limitations of Lee Johnson within the parameters set, but he doesn’t set those parameters.

People calling for Chris Hughton ffs, really? Within the parameters of ‘the project’?

Very very frustrating all round. How to over complicate a very easy 4-4-2 formation. Afobe wide left??? What does that purpose serve?? 

Was he supposed to take a centre back and drag him out of position?? That's the only reason I can think of. What and that then leaves a hole on their back line we can take advantage of... For who though AW??  How the **** are we to actually get balls into the box... Oh wait... We actually didn't. Ok 20 mins in clearly not working. So what do we do... Nothing. Persist persist persist. 

End of first half... We look completely toothless up front. We have COD... Has a decent cross on him. Nah... Stick Afobe out there. We have Patterson Eliason. Nah.. stick Afobe out there. Eliason... Best crosser of the ball perhaps in the championship... Nah... Stick Afobe out there... 

... Tired of these inane over complicated tactics and positioning of players. Only LJ can make a mess of 4-4-2

Play 2 up front for home games. Plays 4-4-2 and still manages to play one up front!!!!

15 hours ago, 054123 said:

Love the way Steve Lansdown is getting off scot free in all of this.

I accept the limitations of Lee Johnson within the parameters set, but he doesn’t set those parameters.

People calling for Chris Hughton ffs, really? Within the parameters of ‘the project’?

He’s not though is he ?

Many posters have criticised SL and questioned his ability to make the right decisions , personnel wise.

Others have , rather unkindly, accused him of not caring about the supporters.

So he’s not getting a free ride .

The buck stops with SL .

13 hours ago, WayOutWest said:

Very very frustrating all round. How to over complicate a very easy 4-4-2 formation. Afobe wide left??? What does that purpose serve?? 

Was he supposed to take a centre back and drag him out of position?? That's the only reason I can think of. What and that then leaves a hole on their back line we can take advantage of... For who though AW??  How the **** are we to actually get balls into the box... Oh wait... We actually didn't. Ok 20 mins in clearly not working. So what do we do... Nothing. Persist persist persist. 

End of first half... We look completely toothless up front. We have COD... Has a decent cross on him. Nah... Stick Afobe out there. We have Patterson Eliason. Nah.. stick Afobe out there. Eliason... Best crosser of the ball perhaps in the championship... Nah... Stick Afobe out there... 

... Tired of these inane over complicated tactics and positioning of players. Only LJ can make a mess of 4-4-2

Play 2 up front for home games. Plays 4-4-2 and still manages to play one up front!!!!

It was, so say , 4-3-3 .

13 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

It was, so say , 4-3-3 .

It was, quite clearly, 4-3-3.

I wonder how much of the problem is Wells?  There seems no clear idea how to accommodate him.  Hard to see why we bought him unless there was a clear sense of how he would fit into the squad and how he would be used.  Has he played up front on his own elsewhere?  My impression of him before he joined was that he usually played off a target man.

5 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I wonder how much of the problem is Wells?  There seems no clear idea how to accommodate him.  Hard to see why we bought him unless there was a clear sense of how he would fit into the squad and how he would be used.  Has he played up front on his own elsewhere?  My impression of him before he joined was that he usually played off a target man.

I’d be interested to see Wells playing alongside Afobe, with Palmer sitting behind.  

He’d have a field day threading balls through to those two and with their movement, they’d be a nightmare to defend against.

No way we’ll see that though

14 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

He’s not though is he ?

Many posters have criticised SL and questioned his ability to make the right decisions , personnel wise.

The buck stops with SL .

I do think that is true though, I do remember him doing an interview on RB with GT a couple of years ago , ironically when similar questions were being asked by supporters about LJ,s management performance following one of our many dismal spells off results - plus ca change ! - and in fairness Geoff did put the questions to him.  "How long has LJ got if things don't improve "    SL's answer was  "Lee will be the manager as long as I want him to be"  GT  "But what about the fans, they're unhappy - they pay their money and they're unhappy with the performances?"

SL " Well Geoff I put in considerably more than they do so I'll make that decision thanks"

true enough response from SL - his money - his choice - and 0f course HIS club nowadays. Not ours.  BUT not much caring in that answer was there ? ?

3 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

I’d be interested to see Wells playing alongside Afobe, with Palmer sitting behind.  

He’d have a field day threading balls through to those two and with their movement, they’d be a nightmare to defend against.

I bet if a new manager came in today, that's exactly what we'd see in the next game. 

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I bet if a new manager came in today, that's exactly what we'd see in the next game. 

That’s the most frustrating thing atm PH, we’ve got all the ‘tools in the box’ with our squad, but we’ve got a useless bodger picking them!

I said elsewhere, this is actually winding me up more than under SO’D. At least he had the excuse of not having the players available. Johnson’s been given everything he needs, at huge cost, but he hasn’t got a clue how to use them.

If he isn’t shown the door pronto, I wonder how many players are going to want out, as he must have pissed most of them off by now.

29 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

It is not only Wells he can't use properly, what about Palmer, Eliason, Walsh, Nagy, Kalas all signed by our little genius

2 minutes ago, Clutton Caveman said:

It is not only Wells he can't use properly, what about Palmer, Eliason, Walsh, Nagy, Kalas all signed by our little genius

Bit unfair.  Eliasson has had a good run this season; no one thought Walsh was up to much until he went to Coventry; Nagy has been given chances since his return from injury, but has been awful; ditto Kalas who has been well below his best since his return.  Palmer I have no patience with: he’s obviously talented but never seems to produce the goods.  I think he’s his own worst enemy.

Of course you could say that poor performances are down to poor management and poor motivation, which I get, but I don’t think it’s that they haven’t been given the chance.

1 hour ago, BrizzleRed said:

That’s the most frustrating thing atm PH, we’ve got all the ‘tools in the box’ with our squad, but we’ve got a useless bodger picking them!

I said elsewhere, this is actually winding me up more than under SO’D. At least he had the excuse of not having the players available. Johnson’s been given everything he needs, at huge cost, but he hasn’t got a clue how to use them.

If he isn’t shown the door pronto, I wonder how many players are going to want out, as he must have pissed most of them off by now.

My fear is if he aint shown the door pronto how many fans are going to want out

1 hour ago, BrizzleRed said:

I think most sides would be comfortable, as they can just over-run the rest of midfield as usual. And it’s not as though KP has actually threaded much through all season. Just puzzled as to why the answer is to drop our most effective striker and play a player whose form on loan and this season has been very indifferent.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Probably, but the question then is how do you set up behind that?

Our full backs are both defensively poor & our sole defensive central midfielder sadly isn’t the force that he was. It would certainly suit Morrell (who would be a shoe in) but Walsh wouldn’t fit that system.

Cue loads of fantasy football formations of a Massengo, Walsh, Szmodics midfield..

18 minutes ago, Chappers said:

I think most sides would be comfortable, as they can just over-run the rest of midfield as usual. And it’s not as though KP has actually threaded much through all season. Just puzzled as to why the answer is to drop our most effective striker and play a player whose form on loan and this season has been very indifferent.

Midfield is clearly a problem Chappers, I wonder how much of that could put down the fact that the defence often sits so deep, leaving acres of space in midfield for the opposition to exploit and outnumber us?

As for Casey, he hasn’t always helped himself, but it’s difficult when you’re being totally bypassed, when the ball’s being smashed straight at Fammy’s head.

When KP get’s the ball to his feet, he’s very often faced with Fammy standing like a statue and marked by a couple of defenders, so not left with many options.

That’s why I suggest with the movement of Wells and Afobe, they can pull defences out of shape and give Palmer something to aim at and actually play to his strengths for a change. It would also bring some creativity into the side.

We’re far too easy and predictable to play against, I’d say.

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

He’s not though is he ?

The buck stops with SL .

An astute businessman but not a football man. If he had an ounce of football nous he'd know that Lee's time is up and he's out of his depth. We can all see it and I hope Mr Lansdown can too. Enough is enough 

Archived