IGNORED

Sack or Back LJ? - POLL

Dynamite Red

Keep or Sack - LJ Poll  

1125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, The Wild Bunch said:

Would Hughton work under our model with Ashton as his boss?

Thats the problem - a lot of good managers wouldn’t want to work with the current setup at City. 

In the last 20 league games, starting with defeat at Milwall in December we've won 6, drawn 2, lost 12.

Let's not forget the shambles in the FA Cup against Shrewsbury.

That's a point per game average. That is relagation form over a full season.

This is not a blip, this is half a season of poor form.

Sorry LJ but it's time to go.

7 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

Sack at the end of the season please. 

Not sure on your rationale to be honest! 

Makes sense to me to sack him now as it gives a new man a theoretical 7 games to figure out what he needs to do between the seasons with the squad. There is also that slim chance of a ‘bounce’ that might see us into the playoffs.  

Keeping him will inevitably lead to 3 excellent performances at the end of the season which though nowhere near enough to get us into the playoffs will be used to buy him another season or more to ultimately disappoint! 

I can take a defeat. These performances are just unbearable though.

On the fence....

Only because I don't want a rushed appointment. This season us over for us, I would be more inclined to wait and see who isn't quite available (but might be in a few weeks).

Don't see any of our coaching set up as being anything other than part of the problem, so unless you get a senior player to caretake, I would leave it until the season is officially over.

The reason for not thinking 'Williams as caretaker' is that if he does well/okay, he is unproven as a manager and the pressure to retain him might not be helpful in the medium term. 

6 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Thats the problem - a lot of good managers wouldn’t want to work with the current setup at City. 

Exactly the same as I was going to reply. The way we are set up restricts us to who we can appoint. I cannot see our set up changing so we have to appoint another manager similar to Lee, in other words why change as far as SL is concerned.

Fans can’t vote with their feet, they have our money and they won’t even hear any boos at the ground.

As much as we all wanted LJ to be successful the simple truth is that he has run out of ideas. It feels right now to make the change, we have free time to get a new coach ready for next season and the right players to bring  in.  I just don’t like the way Johnson is exposing his players with criticism and it does look like the team Ironically have lost his trust!.. winning 15 games out of 46 at home in two seasons! .. a bloated but talented squad, no idea of the right team or formation .. in any other life his performance would be unacceptable. It is sad but the time is right for a change and we will all have to deal with the next chapter .. positive or not. 

Been a big fan of LJ and really wanted it to work out as I think he genuinely cares about this club and he has always portrayed us in a great way in the media, however I think it’s come to an end now. 

He has a talented squad but does not know his best team, the players look like they don’t understand what is required. I am guessing that he may have too many ideas and systems that complicate matters rather than a settled formation and style of play.

I believe the club so owe him a debt of gratitude but a mutual parting of the ways at the end of the season would be beneficial for both lee and the club.

I think they key point is that ever since midway through the 17/18 season, we've not improved whatsoever. Not necessarily been getting any worse, but we have stagnated for 3 years.

The football has been dull and results uninspiring, all of this whilst spending tens of millions on improving the squad but clearly its not showing on the pitch.

13 minutes ago, Sturny said:

I think it's the opposite, he has too many ideas and overcomplicates it for himself. He's his own enemy. Our best performance days under LJ was when he was forced to choose a certain formation and team (17/18) 

Exactly this. No clear pattern of play. Get the feeling he's trying force things with too many ideas/instructions and the players just don't get it

11 minutes ago, Mr X said:

I don’t think Ashton would be a problem but the policy SLs wants managers to work within could well be a problem and that’s the main reason LJ was employed and why he hasn’t been sacked.  SL doesn’t trust the interview system of recruiting a new managers as those candidates interviewed will go along and agree to SLs policy just to get the job.

This was the game when he lost me.

We won't do anything this season. we're unlikely to even finish above last season. Johnson has a full pack to play with of his own creation and he's chucking them about like a toddler trying to shuffle a deck of Happy Families.

Ideal opportunity for someone to observe our strengths and weaknesses for the last games. 

It'll be no good waiting until September.

Archived