IGNORED

Sack or Back LJ? - POLL

Dynamite Red

Keep or Sack - LJ Poll  

1125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

55 minutes ago, RedM said:

I’ve on the whole backed, as I wanted him to do well and for us and succeed where Gary J didn’t. I wanted us to do the right thing and not change managers every 18 months. 

But now I am bored. Bored of always being the second best to just about every club in the Championship. There can’t be many clubs who fear us over the past couple of seasons. Football is dull, passionless and pretty much pointless. I can’t begin to predict or understand team selections or tactics. Something has to change. 

I think I strangely would be upset if Lee went. Basically I think he is a good guy but we should never have appointed him in the first place. The club is too big for him and the emotional attachment of the Lansdowns and the Johnsons is as much negative as it is positive. 

Whilst I wouldn't be at all sad to see him go I agree with your judgement that on reflection he should never have been appointed. Smacked of nepotism, jobs for the mate's boy. Lansdown needs to appoint a proven manager who can be judged like any other. Not as a 'project'.

2 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Whilst I wouldn't be at all sad to see him go I agree with your judgement that on reflection he should never have been appointed. Smacked of nepotism, jobs for the mate's boy. Lansdown needs to appoint a proven manager who can be judged like any other. Not as a 'project'.

Pretty much his whole footballing existence has been based upon nepotism.

Surprised he never managed to snag a Latvian passport to be honest.

24 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

This was the game when he lost me.

We won't do anything this season. we're unlikely to even finish above last season. Johnson has a full pack to play with of his own creation and he's chucking them about like a toddler trying to shuffle a deck of Happy Families.

Ideal opportunity for someone to observe our strengths and weaknesses for the last games. 

It'll be no good waiting until September.

Agree.  

There are 25 days left of the season.  7 match days, 7 rest days and  11 training days.  

In other words, no one is going to come in and transform things on the training pitch.  They just need to manage the players.  If we can't get a firefighter like Colin, let someone like Ashley WIlliams run it.    Get a new man in to observe and step in when ready.  Key thing is as soon as the season finishes they are ready to takeover with clear plans for what will be a short pre-season and window....

1 minute ago, The Bard said:

Agree.  

There are 25 days left of the season.  7 match days, 7 rest days and  11 training days.  

In other words, no one is going to come in and transform things on the training pitch.  They just need to manage the players.  If we can't get a firefighter like Colin, let someone like Ashley WIlliams run it.    Get a new man in to observe and step in when ready.  Key thing is as soon as the season finishes they are ready to takeover with clear plans for what will be a short pre-season and window....

Bold idea but I agree, say 'thanks and goodbye' to the current coaching staff and ask Ashley Williams and Andi Weimann to take charge for the remaining matches.

Its not just LJ though is it ? it's the whole charade of the ' three wise men' DH and JMc.  They are culpable although buck stops at head coach. 

I have said on another post that SL has come out and stated that he wants season on season improvement. He has stated that to the media.  That is his bench mark.  Finishing Mid table this season, or lower, will make him look at the situation end of season. LJ has survived appalling runs before and come out smelling of roses after a great cup run. 

So my bet would be, see what happens seasons end !

27 minutes ago, Street red said:

Not just him take the other two frauds with you!!! 

This, 100000000%. If LJ gets sacked Jamie MaCallister and Dean Holden better get the bloody bullet as well, all 3 are equal in this, which is why they share the media duties, not a chance should either be given a chance to step in.

Let's play hypothetical and say that Lansdown is considering getting rid (which I think is about as likely as him giving me the job).

If he happens to believe that Burnley are looking at him (which I can't if they have taken the trouble to watch us play) then he's going to sit tight and see if he can swing some compensation.

It IS all hypothetical though because he's not going to sack him as long as he's got a hole in his ar**.

Archived