IGNORED

Sack or Back LJ? - POLL

Dynamite Red

Keep or Sack - LJ Poll  

1125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

This, 100000000%. If LJ gets sacked Jamie MaCallister and Dean Holden better get the bloody bullet as well, all 3 are equal in this, which is why they share the media duties, not a chance should either be given a chance to step in.

They come as a team so all three must take the hit, All us city fans now need to make it clear enough is enough,The club needs to be far more professional in what it does if we all want the big time..

This family affair and job for the boys needs to stop. 

4 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Let's play hypothetical and say that Lansdown is considering getting rid (which I think is about as likely as him giving me the job).

If he happens to believe that Burnley are looking at him (which I can't if they have taken the trouble to watch us play) then he's going to sit tight and see if he can swing some compensation.

It IS all hypothetical though because he's not going to sack him as long as he's got a hole in his ar**.

If he thinks Burnley are interested then his wealth really is down to bumping into Peter Hargreaves and having a spare room available...

2 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Same!

What's the point in him staying? We're clearly not making the play offs so why wait when a new boss could have 7 games to assess what we already have? 

I might be missing something but cannot see the point in waiting.

I wonder if Villa might fancy a change if they drop? 

Those saying at the end of the season, why?

Why go through the abject disappointment of these performances until the end of the season. Get someone in and give them time to work with the players before next season and a clean slate.

14 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

If he thinks Burnley are interested then his wealth really is down to bumping into Peter Hargreaves and having a spare room available...

Peter approached me first but I only was in a bed-sit......................what could have been ??

Needs to go now, had so much time and money.  He seems to have amassed a collection of players with little to no idea how to turn them into a 'team'.

He's taken us as far as he can, not because we have reached our ceiling as a club but rather we have progressed to a point where we've out grown his ability as a manager and he's holding us back.  LJ simply isn't good enough (and still a few years away atleast imo) yet to be managing a team trying to challenge for promotion.

We need 15 points to match last years 70 point/8th place finish, so need to average 2.14 points per game.

Worse still we need 12 points to match the year before that's total of 67 point/11th place finish.  Which we look like missing too.

7 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

Those saying at the end of the season, why?

Why go through the abject disappointment of these performances until the end of the season. Get someone in and give them time to work with the players before next season and a clean slate.

Just going through this logically, if we were to sack LJ today and don't have someone lined up already we'd be unlikely to have them in place before Forest on Wednesday, if they were announced Thursday they'd probably need to go through the testing protocol which means not being able to be around for 10 days waiting on results, by which time 3 more games pass and we're down to 3 games left and a max of 2 weeks of the season left. Covid makes this a very difficult situation with regards to anyone new.

1 minute ago, hodge said:

Just going through this logically, if we were to sack LJ today and don't have someone lined up already we'd be unlikely to have them in place before Forest on Wednesday, if they were announced Thursday they'd probably need to go through the testing protocol which means not being able to be around for 10 days waiting on results, by which time 3 more games pass and we're down to 3 games left and a max of 2 weeks of the season left. Covid makes this a very difficult situation with regards to anyone new.

I'm sure we get get someone to take temporary charge pending a permanent appointment

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

Wouldn't that be more reason to do it as soon as possible?

Just now, Superjack said:

Wouldn't that be more reason to do it as soon as possible?

Point is even if we acted now the new person isn't going to be much/anything of them on the training ground in the season anyway.

Also if SL wanted someone like Dean Smith should Villa sack him at the end of their season then he'd have to wait to act anyway

should have gone many times but is still here and will be this time next year........round and round we go.........wont be watching this jokers teams anymore.

So many players yet he cannot get a team together, his teams are as clueless as him

Just now, hodge said:

Point is even if we acted now the new person isn't going to be much/anything of them on the training ground in the season anyway.

Also if SL wanted someone like Dean Smith should Villa sack him at the end of their season then he'd have to wait to act anyway

Might give the players a boost regardless.

7 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

I'm sure we get get someone to take temporary charge pending a permanent appointment

Unless they're already in the club bubble (Holden/Macca) then they need to wait for that testing period as well so would only be in charge 3/4 games

I’ve not really lost it with him before but we are just completely lost and directionless now. 

How many changes for Wednesday night? Yet again we will go away and pretend home advantage still exists with a large home crowd. We will set up negatively and be shit. 

Unless they're already in the club bubble (Holden/Macca) then they need to wait for that testing period as well so would only be in charge 3/4 games

I'd get rid and ask senior players to manage the next few matches...it's happened in the past. Allows time to find a permanent manager.

16 minutes ago, hodge said:

If Boro can do it then so can we.  Lets face it, our season is all but finished now anyway so build in time for next.

He should have 2 years ago after the 2017-18 season. That was a great team that had some excellent results and got us into a great position at Christmas that year, but then it all fell apart. I felt it was clear then that he wasn't the man to take us to the next level. The last 2 years have done nothing to suggest otherwise.

Just now, BigTone said:

If Boro can do it then so can we

True, but we don't know when Boro first approached Warnock, could be they'd been speaking to him since before the restart and had got him tested twice before the restart of the league so quick transition was possible, I don't think we'd have done anything like that at this time. They also had a clear idea of who they needed for the fight they're in, its not such a straight forward idea as to who would be best for us next if LJ was gone, probably a bit of searching, interviews with a few managers/head coaches to find the right fit etc all taking up more time.

True, but we don't know when Boro first approached Warnock, could be they'd been speaking to him since before the restart and had got him tested twice before the restart of the league so quick transition was possible, I don't think we'd have done anything like that at this time. They also had a clear idea of who they needed for the fight they're in, its not such a straight forward idea as to who would be best for us next if LJ was gone, probably a bit of searching, interviews with a few managers/head coaches to find the right fit etc all taking up more time.

But still gives us time to get someone in for the start of next season.

Just now, BigTone said:

But still gives us time to get someone in for the start of next season.

Whose to say those behind the scenes aren't looking? Just not sacking LJ in the mean time should we somehow hit a hot streak and the teams around us mess up, impossible to know whats going on unless you're ITK really.

Archived