IGNORED

Sack or Back LJ? - POLL

Dynamite Red

Keep or Sack - LJ Poll  

1125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

Whose to say those behind the scenes aren't looking? Just not sacking LJ in the mean time should we somehow hit a hot streak and the teams around us mess up, impossible to know whats going on unless you're ITK really.

Quite possibly are / have. With regards this season we live in rapidly diminishing or likely hope.

1 hour ago, RedEyez said:

I don’t think there’s much out there, who are available and could improve us. So we either stick with Johnson or sack him and put Holden or McCallister in charge. It’s worth considering the grass isn’t always greener ...

Of all the responses this is the one that really winds me up.

At present Chris Hughton, Nigel Adkins & Mick McCarthy are all out of work, so even if we didn’t go down the road of approaching another club for their manager, are you seriously suggesting then that none of these 3 would get better results than we have in 2020?

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Of all the responses this is the one that really winds me up.

At present Chris Hughton, Nigel Adkins & Mick McCarthy are all out of work, so even if we didn’t go down the road of approaching another club for their manager, are you seriously suggesting then that none of these 3 would get better results than we have in 2020?

Adkins and McCarthy past it. But okay fair enough , yes Hughton is probably the only one who could. But I don’t think he would come here anyway to be honest. 

That’s just my opinion though - hopefully it doesn’t wind you up any further.

36 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

LJ is lucky that there weren’t 20,000 in the ground today as the reaction at the end of todays games would have told SL and JL all they needed to know; playing behind closed doors will save LJ for another season me thinks!

The fact it was an empty stadium has probably saved him. They'll probably say that we're behind him as there was no booing :dunno:

1 minute ago, RedEyez said:

Adkins and McCarthy past it. But okay fair enough , yes Hughton is probably the only one who could. But I don’t think he would come here anyway to be honest. 

That’s just my opinion though - hopefully it doesn’t wind you up any further.

Absolutely entitled to your opinion, of course..

I think Mick does very well everywhere he goes (improved Ireland after the Martin O’Neill disaster & kept Ipswich top half, just look what happened to them when he left) but accept that Adkins might be seen as a bit “left field”, but Hull were a basket case when he was there yet still finished mid table.

20 minutes ago, hodge said:

Just to input a chairman/owner perspective

This is the same chairman that has hired Darren Ferguson 3 different times with his aim of success being to reach the league 1 play offs year in year out, the championship is as good as being champions league winners for him, wouldn’t take too much notice of his opinion.

53 minutes ago, hodge said:

Just going through this logically, if we were to sack LJ today and don't have someone lined up already we'd be unlikely to have them in place before Forest on Wednesday, if they were announced Thursday they'd probably need to go through the testing protocol which means not being able to be around for 10 days waiting on results, by which time 3 more games pass and we're down to 3 games left and a max of 2 weeks of the season left. Covid makes this a very difficult situation with regards to anyone new.

Mickey Mouse could manage the team for the remainder of season.

Have backed LJ until now, think the time has come for a change in leadership. I think the trouble is the style of play he is trying to implement is so "intricate" even the players don'g understand it to tthe point its not the players fault anymore.If it's that complicated then it needs simplifyingand as a manager then he should be able to read that, certainly hope though that he is historically viewed as a positive contributor rather than an O'Driscoll type character.

The big question is who we get to replace him?

32 minutes ago, hodge said:

Just to input a chairman/owner perspective

Thing is it wouldn't shock me either if we won three on the bounce. But I guarantee we'd win those despite, rather than because of, LJ's formation changes. We've won games on the bounce this season. Underlying stats and performances were the same as now.

It's good to hear from a chairman but honestly Darragh is piping out a clichéd opinion the type of which you'd hear in the pub from a West Brom fan with a passing knowledge of our club.

If, as reported, Lee loves our Club he should be on the phone to Steve tonight to tender his resignation. 

If he does that, he leaves us with a little bit of respect. 

With a new management team, we have an outside chance of a pop at the play-offs. With the existing set-up we have virtually none. 

If he does not resign, he deserves every one of the pelters he’s going to get when this disastrous season ends. 

29 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Have backed LJ until now, think the time has come for a change in leadership. I think the trouble is the style of play he is trying to implement is so "intricate" even the players don'g understand it to tthe point its not the players fault anymore.If it's that complicated then it needs simplifyingand as a manager then he should be able to read that, certainly hope though that he is historically viewed as a positive contributor rather than an O'Driscoll type character.

The big question is who we get to replace him?

We dont get anyone, Steve may eventually replace him with a like minded clone of LJ, so dont get your hopes up; this is where we are and this is what we do. Meanwhile other teams will pass us by and yes going up as well as down, we will carry on in circles going no-where much.......sorry...we wont be doing a Wolves anytime soon.

Personally think it’s too late to save this season now, so no rush to sack him but the club should definitely have a replacement lined up for the new season and see LJ leave under a “mural agreement”.

He’s done a lot for us, given us a hell of a cup run and 3 very memorable games against the Manchester clubs but unfortunately he’s taken us as far as he can now.

Indont think we’d get relegated under him as someone at the club is identifying decent players, he just can’t get the best out of them.

Just for the avoidance of doubt I was talking about this with my kids and said I wonder who’s said they’ll back him - clearly I need some tutorials about how to vote as I was down as a ‘ ‘ back him ‘ when I really wasn’t in that place at all - so it should be one less than what is currently showing ... doh ? 

According to the poll on here, about 98% of us are talking to the converted. Unfortunately we are talking in a soundproof room so those that matter will not hear (and if they did hear they are unlikely to take any notice). Accept it folks, Johnson is here for as long as he wants while the owner and the Board will back him.

I've supported my beloved City for over 70 years, since about 1947 when I was taken to AG and we stood on the terracing at the Ashton Road end. Since then I have supported them through thick and thin as a season ticket holder for donkey's years, 51 Club etc. Recently I have found myself losing interest and as I live far too far away to attend AG (before Coronavirus) I rely on Sky to see City occasionally. This used to fill me with eager anticipation but less and less of late due to boredom and today I realised that I was only watching out of force of habit and actually turned off the TV after about 75 minutes when the cameras turned on to Johnson in the technical area. There he was in yet another matchday outfit, the third in three games, Southampton, Blackburn and today. I knew 4 years ago when this this strutting little peacock took over that it was the beginning of the end for me. 

That's it for me. Lee you have finally beaten me (thanks to Mr L). I detested you as a player, I could forgive for having only a very limited talent for the game but I could not forgive your  cowardice in pulling out of or evading a tackle and I always detested you as a Head Coach of Bristol City, a position for which you had absolutely no right or suitability.

Archived