IGNORED

Sack or Back LJ? - POLL

Dynamite Red

Keep or Sack - LJ Poll  

1125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

Surely the 32 idiots who are backing him are gas?! Surely to ******* god ?‍♂️

In all seriousness based on how they'd come out in force when he was a "player" quite a few of the 32 will be the Johnson clan.

1 minute ago, havanatopia said:

You are not keen on him then?

The 95 on the fence is more of a worry. If we do win today all of a sudden the 95 will grow much higher. The 95 on the fence are obviously not worried about the next few season. Even if we did make the play offs all though unlikely the question I have for the 95 is do you really think LJ has the capability on taking the club further ?

The 95 may also be of the younger era where they have not witnessed Division 1 at the gate . Hopefully I will stand corrected 

Ok... I'm really disappointed with the season and particularly how we have fallen off again. The only thing I really think is that we have improved immensely as a club over his tenure. This season looks like not continuing the trend. I think people are right in the money we've spent being more than before... but we do have a significant number of young players who can improve. I believe we have moved forward significantly and that this season will help a big number of players to push on next year.

8 hours ago, KeepUpLino said:

Surely the 32 idiots who are backing him are gas?! Surely to ******* god ?‍♂️

What’s your definition of an idiot then?  Someone who doesn’t agree with you?

I just don’t understand what people get out of being so unpleasant about Lee Johnson.  You might not like him, you might not agree with him, you might not rate him as a manager, but for the moment he IS our manager so why treat him like some subversive element whose sole purpose in life is to maliciously contrive to ensure that City fail?  Of course people are feeling negative at the moment, but why do posters have to be so damn personal about it?  He’s a good man trying to do a decent job, but of course he will not be manager for ever and it seems quite likely that unless something near miraculous happens to our form in the six games, he won’t be with us much longer.  In the meantime, is there any point in continuing to put the boot in?

(Awaits torrent of abuse...)

10 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I just don’t understand what people get out of being so unpleasant about Lee Johnson.  You might not like him, you might not agree with him, you might not rate him as a manager, but for the moment he IS our manager so why treat him like some subversive element whose sole purpose in life is to maliciously contrive to ensure that City fail?  Of course people are feeling negative at the moment, but why do posters have to be so damn personal about it?  He’s a good man trying to do a decent job, but of course he will not be manager for ever and it seems quite likely that unless something near miraculous happens to our form in the six games, he won’t be with us much longer.  In the meantime, is there any point in continuing to put the boot in?

General consensus is that he has done a good job but resched his ceiling and time to go. The reason people are personal about it is due to the amount of finances he has spent and the lack of plan and identity combined with the guff he comes out with.

Yes he has sold players, but so have every side in the league.

56 minutes ago, fanjita said:

Absolutely incredible that now 32 people actually back him, what do they think he can achieve, given more time and no doubt more money?

I reckon a fair number are Bristol Sport employees and had that suspicion last time he should have been sacked. 

Plus family members which is understandable tbf

2 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I have nothing against the bloke Dolman, I don’t hate him I’m just getting pissed off with the bullshit that flows out of his mouth.. If he had any respect for the City faithful he would have walked by now IMO!

1 hour ago, Lez said:

General consensus is that he has done a good job but resched his ceiling and time to go. The reason people are personal about it is due to the amount of finances he has spent and the lack of plan and identity combined with the guff he comes out with.

Yes he has sold players, but so have every side in the league.

Agree with that. We can thank him for establishing us as a mid to upper mid table Championship team, but he shows no signs of being able to take us to the next level.

It's the long runs, every season, of not being able to win games (and rarely looking likely to during these runs) that has brought me to come down on the get rid side.

Thanks LJ, you've done OK, had a good crack at it, but ultimately, just not up to the level now required.

1 hour ago, One Team said:

As much as I will continue to say that SL won’t sack LJ, a heavy defeat today at Cardiff will be so difficult for even him to defend.

And if we get hammered by Cardiff, you'd think Johnson would do the honourable thing and resign to save Lansdown the trouble of sacking him.

But, as we all know, there's absolutely no chance of that.

Is today the day of reckoning?

Assuming we used lockdown as a 12 week close season , as in planning targets and options for next season (and i bloody well hope we did) then sacking him now woukd be throwing all that 12wks work in the bin....not even we could be that wastefull surely...

IMO he will be given to November ish to show what we can do with a squad boosted by our young and hungry loanees returning and new targets addded...

If we are not looking at much improved performances and firmly challenging top6 by then , well it will be time to move on.....just my opinion...

I got shot down earlier this week for posting similar. If we lose against Cardiff today I would hope LJ will be quietly walking out the gate tomorrow morning with his bag packs and getting in a taxi. 

His car keys for his his expensive German car will be left in an envelope on his desk.

On the back of the envelope it will say I tried my best but realise I cant offer the club any more. 

I commend him for the good league cup run a couple of years ago and getting the club established as a mid table Championship club and if he is entitled to compensation then he deserves it.

1 minute ago, Fodbarmyarmy said:

Assuming we used lockdown as a 12 week close season , as in planning targets and options for next season (and i bloody well hope we did) then sacking him now woukd be throwing all that 12wks work in the bin....not even we could be that wastefull surely...

IMO he will be given to November ish to show what we can do with a squad boosted by our young and hungry loanees returning and new targets addded...

If we are not looking at much improved performances and firmly challenging top6 by then , well it will be time to move on.....just my opinion...

All very well, but after four and a half years in the post, where’s the evidence to show he’s got it in him to actually improve?

Just strikes me we’ll be writing off yet another season tbh.

3 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

And if we get hammered by Cardiff, you'd think Johnson would do the honourable thing and resign to save Lansdown the trouble of sacking him.

But, as we all know, there's absolutely no chance of that.

Is today the day of reckoning?

unfortunately not, win lose or draw SL will stand by his man till end of season at least.

Some will cite, it could be worse we could be fighting relegation every season, well yes we could; but it could also be so much better given the funding and players that have passed through our managers hands. Time to break the cycle try another manager

5 minutes ago, Fodbarmyarmy said:

You watched the last three performances ??

6 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

All very well, but after four and a half years in the post, where’s the evidence to show he’s got it in him to actually improve?

Just strikes me we’ll be writing off yet another season tbh.

we go again, we go again, we go again, we go again.......but dont actually go anywhere apart from back to the start of the next season.

15 minutes ago, City oz said:

You watched the last three performances ??

To be fair, one of them was good, spoilt by one poor fouls and a moment of madness from a player who should have known better.  But that shouldn’t detract from the fact that we played some lovely football at times.  I know for a fact that the players are as bemused as anyone as to what has happened since the restart.  No one has thrown the towel in yet.

1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

To be fair, one of them was good, spoilt by one poor fouls and a moment of madness from a player who should have known better.  But that shouldn’t detract from the fact that we played some lovely football at times.  I know for a fact that the players are as bemused as anyone as to what has happened since the restart.  No one has thrown the towel in yet.

Correct bemused.

Could not handle Tomlin, this season Tomlin has played mainly as a sub - stats 7 goals 9 assists! One of which was our undoing today!

Fammy and weimann have 10 goals each

how much better could we have been with a coach who could manage?

lets get rid and get this team playing proper competitive football!

Archived