IGNORED

Sack or Back LJ? - POLL

Dynamite Red

Keep or Sack - LJ Poll  

1125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The back him / sack him argument has been pointless until (I believe) now. SL has been such a supporter of Johnson , he's backed him when just about every other club he would have gone, and TBF I get why. I think he's given LJ enough time to build, not only a squad , but backroom and kids teams, the ground has changed massively and the training ground is on it's way. With the good relationship you aren't going to get the manager spitting the dummy when the Big Boss comes and says we have to sell. So I get it, so far.

I really think this is different. Earlier this season, and I believe on more than one occasion, Steve Lansdown has said he wanted playoffs. Now we are watching, yet another losing run which will end up seeing us fade into lower mid table . This is where I think SL having to make a decision. He is ambitious, he wants Premier League football and he can't wait forever. We have been in good positions , only for LJ to watch over long losing runs ruining our chances . 
I would not be surprised if they are in conversation after today. If we lose the next 2 , which is not just possible it's likely, I think SL will pul the trigger. 
It could be a good time for a new boss to take over, chance to see games under no pressure, decent way to assess the squad.

Sack - I would love us to be rid of Lee, Mac and Dean immediately to help me feel better.

I'm not worried about finding a replacement for the run-in. but if anyone with experience is available then offer them a few weeks to see what they can do.

Otherwise, just bimble through the next few games and sort something out for the start of next season - if we don't beat Forest and/or Cardiff then we have nothing to play for anyway - and I can't see us doing that at the moment.

4 hours ago, Neville's Mullet said:

As much as we all wanted LJ to be successful the simple truth is that he has run out of ideas. It feels right now to make the change, we have free time to get a new coach ready for next season and the right players to bring  in.  I just don’t like the way Johnson is exposing his players with criticism and it does look like the team Ironically have lost his trust!.. winning 15 games out of 46 at home in two seasons! .. a bloated but talented squad, no idea of the right team or formation .. in any other life his performance would be unacceptable. It is sad but the time is right for a change and we will all have to deal with the next chapter .. positive or not. 

You sound like you will be a good edition to OTIB, probably save me from posting half the time.

I think this is the first time in the 4 years that I just can't back him anymore.

A lot of the criticism he's faced during his time here has been pretty harsh, but if I were one of the Lansdowns or Mark Ashton I'd be wanting to have a serious conversation with LJ about what his actual plan is right now.  Unless he comes up with a much more convincing answer than the last few press conferences he's given, I'd get rid now.

Just now, David Brent said:

He’s had a fair crack of the whip. Time for someone else to have a go.

I was wondering whether crack was an option ( as well as back or sack) 

41 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I really think this is different. Earlier this season, and I believe on more than one occasion, Steve Lansdown has said he wanted playoffs. Now we are watching, yet another losing run which will end up seeing us fade into lower mid table . This is where I think SL having to make a decision. He is ambitious, he wants Premier League football and he can't wait forever. We have been in good positions , only for LJ to watch over long losing runs ruining our chances . 
I would not be surprised if they are in conversation after today. If we lose the next 2 , which is not just possible it's likely, I think SL will pul the trigger. 
It could be a good time for a new boss to take over, chance to see games under no pressure, decent way to assess the squad.

I'd like to think Ashton or someone else is sounding out potential replacements. I think it would be a bad step to get rid of LJ with no alternative in the wings. But they should be doing that now, if they haven't already started

1 hour ago, jayjay said:

According to the poll on here, about 98% of us are talking to the converted. Unfortunately we are talking in a soundproof room so those that matter will not hear (and if they did hear they are unlikely to take any notice). Accept it folks, Johnson is here for as long as he wants while the owner and the Board will back him.

I've supported my beloved City for over 70 years, since about 1947 when I was taken to AG and we stood on the terracing at the Ashton Road end. Since then I have supported them through thick and thin as a season ticket holder for donkey's years, 51 Club etc. Recently I have found myself losing interest and as I live far too far away to attend AG (before Coronavirus) I rely on Sky to see City occasionally. This used to fill me with eager anticipation but less and less of late due to boredom and today I realised that I was only watching out of force of habit and actually turned off the TV after about 75 minutes when the cameras turned on to Johnson in the technical area. There he was in yet another matchday outfit, the third in three games, Southampton, Blackburn and today. I knew 4 years ago when this this strutting little peacock took over that it was the beginning of the end for me. 

That's it for me. Lee you have finally beaten me (thanks to Mr L). I detested you as a player, I could forgive for having only a very limited talent for the game but I could not forgive your  cowardice in pulling out of or evading a tackle and I always detested you as a Head Coach of Bristol City, a position for which you had absolutely no right or suitability.

Post of the day.

I have said a number of times on here over the years: LJ is going nowhere. 

For whatever reason he’s been given everything, time, money, patience and support. 

I genuinely believe we could go down and he’d still keep his job. 

I would love to be proved wrong naturally!

15 minutes ago, Cider_boy said:

I'd like to think Ashton or someone else is sounding out potential replacements. I think it would be a bad step to get rid of LJ with no alternative in the wings. But they should be doing that now, if they haven't already started

They bang on about preparation and having multiple choices for each position, no reason to think the Coaches job any different. Even if they thought he would be here for a year/2/3 makes sense to have people they think will fit, already scouted. Even if not, I'd be looking now, see who is available. Let LJ take the team Vs Forest, lose and that would end our chances completely. We could potentially have someone in place for or just after Cardiff. That could give the new man 5 games to assess the squad for next year, while playing competitive games but with no pressure.  Just hope Steve and the gang think the same.

Fair play to the owners for giving him a good shot at this. This loyalty will make us an attractive proposition for any ambitious manager coming in. It should help us to attract the best there is out there. Think nearly all can see that Lee has got to go now. He's lost this team now - and the fans too. Just gone too far now to win back either!! Bye bye ?

3 hours ago, hodge said:

Just going through this logically, if we were to sack LJ today and don't have someone lined up already we'd be unlikely to have them in place before Forest on Wednesday, if they were announced Thursday they'd probably need to go through the testing protocol which means not being able to be around for 10 days waiting on results, by which time 3 more games pass and we're down to 3 games left and a max of 2 weeks of the season left. Covid makes this a very difficult situation with regards to anyone new.

Warnock didn’t hang about getting his trackie on at Boro.

3 minutes ago, Kibs said:

Who the ****** hell is still backing him? Or has he signed up to OTIB 19 times and voted for himself??!!

Kibs,,,,I’m thinking the same, what has to happen for these people to change their minds, I’ll bet some on here would still back him if he lost 20 on the trot.

There is no other choice,he has to go

Was  looking forward to the re-start of the league ,two games in and now wish it hadn't .Lee and his team are incapable of managing ,looking at them stood in the dug out area ,they see to be willing each other to offer some idea of what to do next.

1 hour ago, Scrumpylegs said:

Fair play to the owners for giving him a good shot at this. This loyalty will make us an attractive proposition for any ambitious manager coming in. It should help us to attract the best there is out there. Think nearly all can see that Lee has got to go now. He's lost this team now - and the fans too. Just gone too far now to win back either!! Bye bye ?

Out of likes for today, but, this.

Keeping the faith with LJ for so long will be a big plus for any managers that may consider coming to us.

2 hours ago, Roe said:

I think this is the first time in the 4 years that I just can't back him anymore.

A lot of the criticism he's faced during his time here has been pretty harsh, but if I were one of the Lansdowns or Mark Ashton I'd be wanting to have a serious conversation with LJ about what his actual plan is right now.  Unless he comes up with a much more convincing answer than the last few press conferences he's given, I'd get rid now.

But that’s what Lee is good at - talking a good game, spinning the football spiel, and drawing you in, and making you think that maybe this will work, getting you to believe in something unbelievable. 

What he's not so good at is, er, doing it, making it real, the doing as opposed to talking. Or getting the doing to get anywhere near matching the lavish talking.

Lansdown and Ashton should be talking to each other, knowing their own minds, making their own minds up,  not giving Lee any more opportunity to yap. The last thing any of us need right now is any more talk from Lee.

If they do give him more time, at least stop him talking to us. 

I don't agree with the personal abuse but quite simply the playing squad has improved considerably.

The coaching set up has stayed the same.

We have players that have come from top clubs such as Monaco, Chelsea & Benfica.

Whereas the coaching set up can call upon experiences from Bolton, Yeovil & Kilmarnock.

The gulf is widening.

His time has come

Archived