IGNORED

Sack or Back LJ? - POLL

Dynamite Red

Keep or Sack - LJ Poll  

1125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

"Ch-ch-ch-changes!"

I think Dave B. was talking to us just now, from the great beyond, via BBC2.

"But I never caught a glimpse,

Of how the others must see the faker ....."

Perhaps LJ will be seeing the Chairman of the Board asking, "give me just a little more time".

Bar Pulis, I've never called for a city manager to be sacked. I am heading in that direction now.

Playing a new formation and players out of position is the ultimate sign of desperation. He has had months to conjure up plans for this. This is the second game back after lockdown and he's resorted to that. 

Just be grateful that we've got the points we've got. If we've had a few less wins taking into account our current form, we'd be in a relegation battle. 

2 hours ago, Scrumpylegs said:

Fair play to the owners for giving him a good shot at this. This loyalty will make us an attractive proposition for any ambitious manager coming in. It should help us to attract the best there is out there. Think nearly all can see that Lee has got to go now. He's lost this team now - and the fans too. Just gone too far now to win back either!! Bye bye ?

Agreed - no one can fault SL for being prepared to back LJ and especially when faced with a run of results that surely would have seen the coach/manager at any other club sacked.

I think that support has been repaid ( despite what some fans might think) as, while SL has invested massively in upgrading the stadium and training facilities, as well as backing the strengthening of the squad, we've gone from perennial yo-yoing between league 1 and the championship, to an established championship club able to mount a serious challenge at the top end of the table.

However, not only has LJ been unable to take that extra step to get us into the play offs  at least, since Christmas it feels as though everything on the football side is unravelling, and very quickly now. Whereas 2/3 seasons back LJ was improving players and their sale value, now it seems that players are regressing under his coaching. The last thing SL will want is to jeopardise everything he's worked towards over the last 5 years, and the way the season is finishing , our championship status could be under threat next season if LJ remains in charge.  

Surely Lj would have had conversations with SL during lockdown and promised a solid push over the last 9 games to try and secure a play off place. To make such a dismal fist of it from the restart, so that after only 2 games our chance seems to have gone, cannot give SL any reassurance and might not just the latest in LJ's catalogue of poor runs, but the one that broke the camel's back.

8 hours ago, Kingswood Robin said:

We look so naive.

Four years of work has gone in to produce a team that offers nothing, gets outwitted by teams with nothing to play for and looks embarrassingly bad at times. This can't go on.

In fairness Sheffield Wednesday might soon have something very tangible to play for and I sure hope they will, but agree with general thrust of post.

As for LJ, come to the end I think. The football has been getting worse, the team as individuals have been regressing, we have regular changes in setup, odd positional assignments.

Have to make the change to move forwards I think.

7 hours ago, kevinmabbuttshair said:

Most other clubs in our position would've never appointed him. Achieved the square root of nowt but uncy Steve gives him a job, why?

Any other industry people would be screaming conflict of interest...

Let's be fair, nepotism and favourites is rife. Football but in general but especially football. Does conflict of interest exist? Certainly. 

Happy to give some examples too. Is the LJ case unique? Possibly an acute example. Is it uncommon? Absolutely not.

Ah **** it.  Why not. 

Ferguson loaned Preston players when his son was manager. When his son was sacked he recalled them.

I have read that Redknapp's mateyness with Mel Morris helped to swing it for Lampard getting his big break there.

Derby in turn benefited with impressive loans such as Tomori and Mount. Any favourable terms? Possibly not  but maybe Derby's accounts would give indicators.

Lampard to Chelsea. Chances of getting that gig if not an ex player? To say nothing of his in for Derby.

Auditors who are season ticket holders at a club signing off that clubs accounts. That straddles football and accounting!!

Likewise, Auditors who have sponsored a stand at a club, naming rights, signing off theirs. Much more of interest in that example.

Back to football, Davide Ancelotti is assistant manager at Everton.

Look into Pere, Pep Guardiola.

Mendes-Nuno.

Some of these are business of football, some are football related favours but they're all strong indicators of just how the game is.

Oh yeah and just remembered. Here's a slightly less obvious one. 

Around transfer deadline day August 2019, Man City signed on loan none other than Scott Carson. The interesting question might be why.

Please please get rid of him. He has to go. Sadly I fear Lee is bullet proof. I honestly can’t see SL pulling the trigger....no matter what happens. Lee will be here next season.

For those in favour of backing him or even on the fence can I ask why? What are you seeing that makes you believe this can get any better under him? 

10 hours ago, The Wild Bunch said:

Would Hughton work under our model with Ashton as his boss?

10 hours ago, Mr X said:

Thats the problem - a lot of good managers wouldn’t want to work with the current setup at City. 

Depends on Ashtons role essentially, if Hughton was able to say what players he wants but left the dealing with it to Ashton it could work. Providing it didn’t get ‘couldn’t afford him’ ‘wages were stumbling block’ like Cotterill. 

We have the foundations of a very good team, a lot of other teams in the championship would want Wells, Palmer, Diedhou, Paterson, Dasilva, Eliasson and Kalas in their team. He has effectively got the same mould of team that got Brighton promoted, just missing Defensive Midfielder/s

The time to change is now, especially as there won’t be a 2 month gap at the end of this season and gives him a chance to make his mind up on what he wants for next season

10 hours ago, Dynamite Red said:

7 changes to the team last week, 5 subs, multiple formation changes. Strikers on the wing, £40,000,000 of talent on the bench including two record signings.  Today sums up his management in a nutshell. You played a team you could "trust', no one to blame Lee but yourself, who are you blaming today?

SL please sack this clown.

Tea lady 

only around a 1000 voted so far, do the rest not care or have they given up knocking their heads against a brick wall that is in the Channel Isles? ouch wall GIF

36 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

only around a 1000 voted so far, do the rest not care or have they given up knocking their heads against a brick wall that is in the Channel Isles? ouch wall GIF

And out of that thousand there are over 100 people that don’t want him sacked, unbelievable, these people will tolerate any crap that’s served up.

9 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Just put the attention seeking little pr i ck on ignore

Seems a bit harsh to me MM.I always think Miah gives a bit and takes a bit in pretty good spirits.He can't help being a wrong un but he could be a lot worse!

9 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Let's be fair, nepotism and favourites is rife. Football but in general but especially football. Does conflict of interest exist? Certainly. 

Happy to give some examples too. Is the LJ case unique? Possibly an acute example. Is it uncommon? Absolutely not.

Ah **** it.  Why not. 

Ferguson loaned Preston players when his son was manager. When his son was sacked he recalled them.

I have read that Redknapp's mateyness with Mel Morris helped to swing it for Lampard getting his big break there.

Derby in turn benefited with impressive loans such as Tomori and Mount. Any favourable terms? Possibly not  but maybe Derby's accounts would give indicators.

Lampard to Chelsea. Chances of getting that gig if not an ex player? To say nothing of his in for Derby.

Auditors who are season ticket holders at a club signing off that clubs accounts. That straddles football and accounting!!

Likewise, Auditors who have sponsored a stand at a club, naming rights, signing off theirs. Much more of interest in that example.

Mendes-Nuno.

Some of these are business of football, some are football related favours but they're all strong indicators of just how the game is.

Around transfer deadline day August 2019, Man City signed on loan none other than Scott Carson. The interesting question might be why.

Nepotism is fine if you appoint someone who is good enough! ?

9 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Ah **** it.  Why not. 

Mendes-Nuno.

I totally understand it’s often a case of favours and who you know, not only in football but many other businesses. But that’s great if things are going well and both sides are happy.

The one thing I will say in defence of Lee is that he has had to sell our better players over the past couple of seasons, Webster for example, which although he has had the money to spend must have been frustrating for him. Yes again I agree all clubs face this, but I guess experienced managers tend to be better at this. But then again experienced Managers,as I’ve said before, will want and expect to be able to run things their way. SL knows this after Coppell, and won’t want to go through that again. So Lee is a relatively safe if unspectacular option, if we are going to continue with the way we buy and sell players through Mark Ashton.

My friend works in a shop which has recently had a change of manageress and the manageress then appointed her best friend as her assistant. Now things are going downhill as the assistant is out of her depth and the business is suffering, staff are unhappy and one has left for another job  (they work for a major company, it’s not their own business) and the manageress is beginning to clamp down on her friend which has been difficult for both, but the business must be put first. So not so different to football? 

3 hours ago, RedM said:

I totally understand it’s often a case of favours and who you know, not only in football but many other businesses. But that’s great if things are going well and both sides are happy.

The one thing I will say in defence of Lee is that he has had to sell our better players over the past couple of seasons, Webster for example, which although he has had the money to spend must have been frustrating for him. Yes again I agree all clubs face this, but I guess experienced managers tend to be better at this. But then again experienced Managers,as I’ve said before, will want and expect to be able to run things their way. SL knows this after Coppell, and won’t want to go through that again. So Lee is a relatively safe if unspectacular option, if we are going to continue with the way we buy and sell players through Mark Ashton.

My friend works in a shop which has recently had a change of manageress and the manageress then appointed her best friend as her assistant. Now things are going downhill as the assistant is out of her depth and the business is suffering, staff are unhappy and one has left for another job  (they work for a major company, it’s not their own business) and the manageress is beginning to clamp down on her friend which has been difficult for both, but the business must be put first. So not so different to football? 

Yeah true. I think LJ has run his race here. It's pretty scuzzy really, a great sport but elements of it are perhaps pretty scuzzy. I see why it happens in football and life of course.

Actually will be interesting to see how things develop in terms of new model ie this vs experienced, more old school managers.

Feeling they may need to adapt too or find their chances reduce significantly maybe it's already happening! Certainly the higher you go the more prevalent the sporting director or similar is these days. A mix of FFP and clubs not wanting to so much these days, the cost and upheaval of appointment of manager, budget- sack within a year or two.

Hire any old character, rip it up and start again,  totally new players, tactics. I see that becoming less prevalent. Best players being sold are often a fact of life for all but certain cheats, when we look at Championship football.

I think our recruitment is alright whether it's LJ, Ashton or both but he sure as hell doesn't equal let alone exceed the sum of our parts IMO.

21 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

This was the game when he lost me.

We won't do anything this season. we're unlikely to even finish above last season. Johnson has a full pack to play with of his own creation and he's chucking them about like a toddler trying to shuffle a deck of Happy Families.

Ideal opportunity for someone to observe our strengths and weaknesses for the last games. 

It'll be no good waiting until September.

Do you know Rob, I think you might have just nailed it with that mate. :) 

Archived