IGNORED

Kasey Palmer

ohhhshauntaylor

Cameo run out when 3-1 down last week, and now today not even used from the bench, and clearly behind COD and Paterson in LJ’s thinking. 
what a waste of a talent. 
Would expect him to be off this summer as we also have Szmodics now back. 

add him to the list of players that LJ can’t manage/get the best out of. 

Just now, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Please explain what KP has done to deserve to have the god given right to start every game? Would love to hear it.

It's not about starting every game its Bout actually getting SOME game time.

3 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Please explain what KP has done to deserve to have the god given right to start every game? Would love to hear it.

What has LJ done to deserve to have the god given right to still be manager after so much dross? 

Genuinely feel sorry for the bloke. Has a vast majority of the fan base pleading for him to get game time and a manager who doesn’t believe in him. I’ll be gutted when he leaves in the summer for actual first team football (and inevitably comes back and tears us apart)

1 minute ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Funnily enough, our best football was played at the start of the season with Palmer and Afobe on the pitch together...even then, since Afobe's injury, KP has done reasonably well - not as good - but not as bad as, say, COD or even Kalas has been this season.

Palmer is a good player in a good team but I think a bad player in a poor one. No one should doubt his skill but just about everyone should doubt his application. He's a show pony for me, a poor man's JET without the goal threat or a George Boyd without the work ethic. Because of his skills he probably should be in front of COD but always behind Pato. 

I would have thought that with the luxury of being able to have five subs, it would have been the perfect time to start Palmer and if not working it's only one sub.

I'm not saying he is the answer but with it being so painfully obvious that things aren't working, it's obviously not the answer either just to rotate the same players that already have not been working out. 

16 minutes ago, Lez said:

There are times when not playing KP is the right thing to do.....but the way he has been treated is disgraceful !!!

What have you heard? Why has he been treated disgracefully? Genuine question  as 'disgraceful' is a strong word and suggests something personal.

I assume LJ speaks to him and explains his tactical decisions for not picking him. 

Also, whilst KP can be great going forward, and has a great pass in him he's terrible defensively and has looked awful in recent games he's played (Millwall springs to mind when he came on and was terrible). Just because he linked up well with Afobe earlier this season, doesn't automatically mean he's the missing peice of the puzzle now.  

Just now, Loco Rojo said:

What have you heard? Why has he been treated disgracefully? Genuine question  as 'disgraceful' is a strong word and suggests something personal.

I assume LJ speaks to him and explains his tactical decisions for not picking him. 

Also, whilst KP can be great going forward, and has a great pass in him he's terrible defensively and has looked awful in recent games he's played (Millwall springs to mind when he came on and was terrible). Just because he linked up well with Afobe earlier this season, doesn't automatically mean he's the missing peice of the puzzle now.  

Who said hes the missing piece of the puzzle? He is getting no game time he should be getting some. It's as simple as that.

We need players that can affect a game.

Unfortunately , at the moment the players we have that do affect a game are playing at the other end of the pitch!

How many game is it now that we fail to create anything? Despite this LJ persists with a permutation of COD, HNM, Pato, Korey NE and Weimann. If the definition of madness is keeping on doing the same thing but expecting a different outcome next time, then LJ must be a raving nutcase.

That being the case, then why he hasn't given Palmer a chance, and especially today with Wells and Afobe up front, is mystifying, to say the least and if I were a conspiracy theorist, would make me think that something has happened with Palmer for him to be sidelined. 

22 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Absolutely nothing. But there are games when a team is defending tightly and compactly, you're struggling to create and you desperately need someone who can thread through a pass that can find a striker some space. Kasey Palmer is the player in the squad who I would trust the most to do that. I don't think he should start every game but I do think he should come on when we are losing, have barely had any shots on target and need someone to do something the forwards can respond to. 

10 minutes ago, Flagon said:

I would have thought that with the luxury of being able to have five subs, it would have been the perfect time to start Palmer and if not working it's only one sub.

I'm not saying he is the answer but with it being so painfully obvious that things aren't working, it's obviously not the answer either just to rotate the same players that already have not been working out. 

Exactly what Gary Owers said on RB. 

10 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Palmer is a good player in a good team but I think a bad player in a poor one. No one should doubt his skill but just about everyone should doubt his application. He's a show pony for me, a poor man's JET without the goal threat or a George Boyd without the work ethic. Because of his skills he probably should be in front of COD but always behind Pato. 

I genuinely haven't seen any lack of hard work in any of the fleeting appearances I've seen from Kasey this year at all. I think it's something wrongly associated with him. 

Something must be going on behind the scenes though for LJ not to bring him on instead of Zac Vyner today. I wonder what he's like in training? Unless he's shown a marked down turn in attitude this year compared to last he can't be that much of a bad egg or LJ would not have signed him after his loan.  I'm just really struggling to see why he hasn't had more opportunities this year, especially now we have Afobe and Wells as a front pairing.

16 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Spot on. Mowbrey wouldn't play him at Blackburn either.

34 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

There was a rumour once that you were related to LJ? What has he done to deserve your blind backing?

2 hours ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

It’s not a case of deserving to start. It’s a case of horses for course for me. 
2-1 down with 20 minutes left, with zero creativity on the pitch. Substitutions are there to be able to change a game, react to the game situation. 
With no creativity on the park, and the only real creative player we have in the squad, he really ought to have been brought on to see if there was something he could provide to get us back in the game. 
The midfield needed something creative - he stayed on the bench. 

Add that to the baffling substitution that allowed the 2nd goal - a midfield trio of Smith/Cod/Weimann and I think it’s safe to say LJ had a rather bad day at the office. 

He is the one player that can save him his job (& that's too late). I thought COD had his best game today in that position (which doesn't say much) but with Wells AND Afobe they need the service.

The bloke is a quick thinker and a real talent. It's an absolute travesty that he doesn't play.

Archived