IGNORED

Who do we want, who could we realistically get?

AppyDAZE

Just now, paul_fox said:

Yeah. I said last week that's the 2 options to go. Older experienced or the foreign route which will be riskier as they seem to go one way or another! 

Fair enough, I’d prefer we start the process of scouting modern coaches/managers who have a defined style of play.

Apparently so much analysis is done on incoming players, you hope the same approach applies to coaching .

Just look at forest and their appointment of Lamouchi. 

Robbins is the most likely appointment given little bit of his history with the club & rumour has it he previously was a final candidate and favoured by SL.

Did a good job with Coventry in L1 despite their problems.

3 minutes ago, Red Alert said:

Fair enough, I’d prefer we start the process of scouting modern coaches/managers who have a defined style of play.

Apparently so much analysis is done on incoming players, you hope the same approach applies to coaching .

Just look at forest and their appointment of Lamouchi. 

I can't see SL going for someone like Van Bommel. If he did then I'd be happy to give it a go. Although I'm sure we'd have to change our name to Van Bommels Bristol City 

5 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

I can't see SL going for someone like Van Bommel. If he did then I'd be happy to give it a go. Although I'm sure we'd have to change our name to Van Bommels Bristol City 

My mate always used to call him Van Bumhole when he played.

6 minutes ago, Red Alert said:

Robbins is the most likely appointment given little bit of his history with the club & rumour has it he previously was a final candidate and favoured by SL.

Did a good job with Coventry in L1 despite their problems.

This.

I've said before that he's the only outside appointment that I could see happening as Lansdown is known to like him.

And Coventry are such an asshat of a club at the moment that he may well be tempted to jump ship despite their promotion.

Therefore, overall he is the manager that I want.

It'll probably be Johnson or MacAllister though.

7 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Maybe go the Brentford route . Never heard of their manager before they appointment him. Maybe Young European Is the way forward 

He was an assistant to Smith and had been working with the players between the 1st and B team for them, so was an evolution of their philosophy and adapting it, not something new.

We are wasting thousands on a squad that is way to big and is not being coached to it's strengths. If we want to progress now we need to spend money on a quality coaching position, I'd like to think we would save money on buying players that will never make the grade then, those savings pay the coach's wage then.

That said, my fear is the same as yours, we won't pay the wage required to get a quality coach and things will roll on as is.

22 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I'd be up for van Bommel.

Robins I am wary of as he's had his chance in this division and never really made it.

Hughton - god no.

In fairness his record is a bit patchy at this level but he was at perennial Championship strugglers Rotherham and Barnsley .

I don’t know what happened at Huddersfield but it wasn’t a great move for him . 

Has he learned his lessons ?

2 minutes ago, Selred said:

Absolutely not.

Left Huddersfield in an awful state.

Schalke have been awful, haven't won a league game since January! 

That's bollocks he left them in the prem something we will never achieve with LJ.

Archived