IGNORED

Who do we want, who could we realistically get?

AppyDAZE

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I reckon it will happen after we lose to Forest this week.

That's a big shout Fevs!

It's been a while since we saw Lansdown's ruthless side. That would be big time ruthless given that Johnson would play his Covid card.

I do think LJs position is now untenable. A fully fit squad and he can’t field a midfield and plays Benik on the left wing, having changed 7 from last week. It feels desperate. It is desperate. I’d love him to turn it around but don’t see it happening. 

When he goes, I don’t want a Warnock, a Bruce - I want someone progressive, who develops clubs. The cupboard does seem bare on that. I do however like the Rosenior shout as a left field one (and our Swindon friends Benitez suggestion add a stoned suggestion). Jokanovic to me remains the standout, but this is crucial for our club - and I don’t see an obvious candidate which in turn suggests why LJ is still in a job..

1 hour ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Rafael Benitez is the mananger who could take you forward and inject some excitement and sell even more season tickets  and didn't mind dropping down down to the championship with Newcastle. I don't know how you prise him away from China but that's upto your billionaire chairman to show his ambition!

Glue sniffing is bad mate. Don’t do it 

12 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Tongue in cheek maybe but you get a decent name is what you need 

What we need is a manager  confident in his ability and clear in mind and tactics. A clear playing philosophy . A manager who backs his players in public 100% but not scared to be brutally honest to their faces. Top of my list would be paul cook who’s had great success with chesterfield , Pompey and wigan . You don’t need a big name , you need the right man . 

6 hours ago, Hare Island said:

Just wish we’d go big like we do for the rugby. Quique Sanches Flores, Klinsmann, McCarthy, Van Bommel, Hughton all available .

Difference with the rugby where they go sign the best players in the world who earn £1m a year if we signed the best players in the world they would want that a week (not that we could actually sign the. At this level!)

5 hours ago, Red Alert said:

He’d be an exciting appointment and aligned with the Bears strategy so can be ruled out.

Can we stop comparing ourselves to the rugby, premiership rugby is on a similar level money wise to league one. Any comparison, especially when regarding head coach/manager, is ridiculous 

1 hour ago, Kibs said:

Warburton or Robins for me.

Though if SL is still after a puppet and someone who won’t cause him too much agro then I’d be happy to see Liam Rosenior given a chance. Convinced he’s going to be very good manager.

Agree on the Warburtons or Robin's - would be happy with either.

3 minutes ago, bris red said:

Chris Hughton has always been my number 1 choice. Would he come here and be happy to work under the current regime though is the million dollar question..

I don’t see why not. We are no different to how Brighton were when he took over there

2 hours ago, DaveInSA said:

I do like Liam Rosenior...maybe a bit young, but with a DoF working above him?

But this is what will happen: Johnson until the end of the season. Then fired. Then McCalister appointed. Relagation. McCalister fired. League 1 mediocrity for 3 years. Then promotion.

I don't think SL wants us in the premier league.

Rosenior ?

If it’s SLs choice, and it will be, the final two will be Mark Robins and Steve McLaren. Robins will get it. 

Frankly, I’ll take anything at the moment. Neither of those inspire me though, both safe and non- threatening. 

We need ‘old school’ to sort this mess out and get us back on an even-keel. Massive disappointment that Warnock has already gone. I’d have taken him in a shot  until the end of the season. He, like those more enlightened supporters, observed a couple of season’s back that LJ talks a good game but doesn’t deliver on the pitch. 

11 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I don’t see why not. We are no different to how Brighton were when he took over there

True. Good crowds, new stadium, a new training ground on the way aswell. We are identical to Brighton in many ways. His financial demands may be a stumbling block but its time for SL to push the boat out for a manager for once.

1 hour ago, Knighty said:

Steven Gerrard 

No chance.

He doesn't want his kids having Bristolian accents!

I’d go for Adkins. Done a good job everywhere he’s been and exudes confidence. I think he’d be a breath of fresh air, much like cotterill was. But has a proven track record at this level and plenty of promotions under his belt. He’d take the pressure off the players rather than throwing them under the bus and saying he gave them all the tools but they fail to execute etc.

id be satisfied with robbins. 

Just now, city1983 said:

I’d go for Adkins. Done a good job everywhere he’s been and exudes confidence. I think he’d be a breath of fresh air, much like cotterill was. But has a proven track record at this level and plenty of promotions under his belt. He’d take the pressure off the players rather than throwing them under the bus and saying he gave them all the tools but they fail to execute etc.

Great call

Hannes Wolf, a wild card I guess. But much more realistic than some suggestions on here. Young, relatively inexperienced. But affordable and our size of club would be the perfect place for him to make a name for himself. 

i will say, be careful what you wish for. There isn't much between play off hopeful and religation battle in the championship. I believe this is why SL is cautious when changing manager. 

I usually avoid this type of post like the plauge, but today and Blackburn just so frustrating. I honestly wouldn't mind losing both but it's the way we lost. Both games were there for the taking if it was just kept simple IMO. 

This is a blokes lively hood. And i very much appreciate what he has done for the club, but stability isn't success, it's just the gamble for success that we might not look back on so fondly if all goes tlts

55 minutes ago, YGBjammy said:

When was the last time we had a manager who other clubs were envious of? 

Need to sign someone who has experience of getting promoted to the prem. 

Pulis! If the definition of envious is a club wanting our manager at a specific time, I think he was the last one to be "poached"!!

12 minutes ago, city1983 said:

Adkins is a good shout to be fair, as you said he has done a good job everywhere he has been. Probably a more realistic option aswell.

Archived