IGNORED

Who do we want, who could we realistically get?

AppyDAZE

1 hour ago, Red Billy said:

They will more than likely promote from within with either DH or JM taking over. There was an interview previously that pretty much said that.  The club believe they have the right structure and don’t want anyone coming in who is going to want to rip this up and start something new.

I’m not sure if that’d make me more or less angry than if LJ just stayed! Tough call. 

19 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

There;s a thought...imagine if proven winner and Bristol born Keith Curle could do a job for us...

He has a very decent record in the lower leagues, so I’m amazed he hasn’t ever been linked with the job over the river, especially being an East Bristol bloke & also starting his playing career there.

Not sure he is quite the right fit for us, he tends to play pretty basic football (having started with the Gas & then assisted Warnock that’s hardly a shock) & as he is 56 we are probably going to look at someone who has either achieved more by then or is younger than him with a better reputation.

5 hours ago, GrahamC said:

He has a very decent record in the lower leagues, so I’m amazed he hasn’t ever been linked with the job over the river, especially being an East Bristol bloke & also starting his playing career there.

Not sure he is quite the right fit for us, he tends to play pretty basic football (having started with the Gas & then assisted Warnock that’s hardly a shock) & as he is 56 we are probably going to look at someone who has either achieved more by then or is younger than him with a better reputation.

Always suprises me that they have never taken a punt on him. He would probably do a good job for them to be honest.

7 hours ago, GrahamC said:

I think he is a good ‘ lower league ‘ manager but doesn’t fit the profile of experienced ‘ top level ‘ coach who knows how to get out of the Championship and hold a Prem place .

That means coaches like  Chris Hughton, Mick McCarthy, Mark Hughes, Rafa Benitez ... KC not really in the same class. 

1 hour ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Can remember when we sold curle to reading.

I think it may have been the most we got ever for a player.

He was a top player.

For anyone who says Harry Redknapp

Why analytics is hard to implement at a club reason #1046:

"In Edwards’ early days, Harry Redknapp called to ask why he could not get anything out of a CD-ROM filled with player data. It turned out Redknapp had put it into the CD player of his car."

Archived