IGNORED

Our Midfield - summed up in 5 seconds

Harry

52 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Adam Nagy is toilet. Sorry, had to say that again.

I'm still on the fence with him, want him to have a solid amount of games in succession in a defensive midfield role. His stats playing for the Hungarian national side suggest he most definitely has the ability to play at this level. Most interceptions in the Euro qualification group he was in.

To be fair to most of that midfield, when we bought them they had been pretty good players for their previous clubs. They join us and once Lee gets them under his spell, they turn into bang average player. So Lee's coaching must be partially to blame here. That is why I think a new manager would get so much more out of our existing players and also bring in his own quality players to add to the team.

1 hour ago, Natchfever said:

One man light too I think and have been for ages.

Absolutely.

Most sides, certainly in and around the top third, top 10 (which we are not part of now) like to play 3 genuine CMs or some variant of this. 

Baffles me why LJ cannot see, or more likely perhaps can, but is so vehemently opposed to it. His style of play is outmoded at this level largely, perhaps fatally so.

12 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

I'm still on the fence with him, want him to have a solid amount of games in succession in a defensive midfield role. His stats playing for the Hungarian national side suggest he most definitely has the ability to play at this level. Most interceptions in the Euro qualification group he was in.

Also rated as a one to watch at the euros....saying that if he was that good wouldn't have come to us.

1 hour ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

He can intercept all he wants. It’s his ball skills/composure/awareness that lack, as evidenced in that 5 second clip. Blind pass on edge of own box from the headless O’Dearda, Nagy panics, when he could easily have just put his body between man and ball, gained control or drawn a foul. 

26 minutes ago, Harry said:

He can intercept all he wants. It’s his ball skills/composure/awareness that lack, as evidenced in that 5 second clip. Blind pass on edge of own box from the headless O’Dearda, Nagy panics, when he could easily have just put his body between man and ball, gained control or drawn a foul. 

Outnumbered there, what can you do- we're always outnumbered in midfield.

His passing stats too were quite good pre-injury.

Why the hell was Diedhiou so deep though?? He was too slow as well.

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Outnumbered there, what can you do- we're always outnumbered in midfield.

His passing stats too were quite good pre-injury.

Why the hell was Diedhiou so deep though??

We had 3 in midfield. Same as them. We played HNM/Smith/Cod as a central midfield 3. I’ve seen you comment a few times this afternoon about 3v2. It wasn’t. It was 3v3. We just had a headless winger as one of the 3! 
And for their 2nd goal, 2 headless wingers as part of the 3! 

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

We had 3 in midfield. Same as them. We played HNM/Smith/Cod as a central midfield 3. I’ve seen you comment a few times this afternoon about 3v2. It wasn’t. It was 3v3. We just had a headless winger as one of the 3! 

I don't see O'Dowda as a sensible CM option personally. Never have.

You look at that 5 second phase- missed game today as internet playing up- they had the right numbers in key areas to do us. Only 5 seconds of course. Both Nagy and Diedhiou of course were too slow in that phase of play, to react- to anticipate.

"they dont seem to know what to do" was the comment from the missus "just like our manager" was my reply.....Enough said anyway, nothings going to change anytime soon.

11 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I don't see O'Dowda as a sensible CM option personally. Never have.

You look at that 5 second phase- missed game today as internet playing up- they had the right numbers in key areas to do us. Only 5 seconds of course. Both Nagy and Diedhiou of course were too slow in that phase of play, to react- to anticipate.

You’ve just made my point. 
He WAS in there. He SHOULDN’T have been. But he WAS. At the behest of his manager. 

LJ has his favourites and korey is one of them. I get he's a dogged midfielder and he scored that goal... but that pass he had on to put nakhi in at the start of the 2nd half sums up why I think he's the kind of player that wont take us beyond that mid table position. 

Archived