IGNORED

Is the tide turning?

Lez

Looking at social media.....usually otib is an outlier with people wanting LJ gone but not reflected in the wider reality.....even so 90% from that poll want him gone.

Looking at Facebook and Twitter people are up in arms and demanding he goes....very consistent viewpoint.

What will SL and MA be thinking? Surely they can see this reaction and anti LJ brigade that seems to had everywhere. 

1 minute ago, Red Alert said:

The current situation means people are looking to football as a major topical focal point to escape the news. So he’s picked the worst time to have another bad run.

He was on the bad run before the lockdown.

26 minutes ago, Lez said:

Looking at social media.....usually otib is an outlier with people wanting LJ gone but not reflected in the wider reality.....even so 90% from that poll want him gone.

Looking at Facebook and Twitter people are up in arms and demanding he goes....very consistent viewpoint.

What will SL and MA be thinking? Surely they can see this reaction and anti LJ brigade that seems to had everywhere. 

Hopefully Ashton follows Johnson out the door. It’s hard to know which one of them is the biggest bullshitter. 

2 minutes ago, SuperRed said:

Hopefully Ashton follows Johnson out the door. It’s hard to know which one of them is the biggest bullshitter. 

They both are full of it but Ashton is not directly responsible for the dire displays that LJ has produced from the most expensive squad we have ever had.

45 minutes ago, Lez said:

They will be thinking, how many ST`s have we sold, who can we sell off to make some money,.

They will not be thinking; isnt it about time we tried the prem, even if its for just a season or if we should sack salesman LJ.

They will be thinking we are a business called Bristol Sport what else can we do to to bring in money in the future, that doesnt involve giving much more to Lee.

Fans opinions of our club will not be high on their priority list the boss will do what he likes, when he likes, whether the natives are restless or not.

1 hour ago, Lew-T said:

I’ve seen lots of people @ Lee and Jon Lansdown on Twitter. Don’t think stuff like that is necessary.

As long as it’s not blatant abuse then I see no problem with that. If you are on social media then you are open to messaging. 
How else do fans get their point across to Lansdown? 

36 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

They both are full of it but Ashton is not directly responsible for the dire displays that LJ has produced from the most expensive squad we have ever had.

They are indeed both responsible. But, Ashton is responsible for not replacing the quality/type of players that fitted the systems that worked. 
No replacement for Reid. 
No replacement for Webster. 
No replacement for Pack. 

Those are the players that dictated our style of play when they were here. Ashton can spend all the money he wants, but if he doesn’t replace like-for-like in the managers desired system then he’s also failing. 

If Ashton thinks that Weimann, Kalas & Nagy are direct replacements for the 3 above, then he is as clueless as the manager. 

Just now, Harry said:

As long as it’s not blatant abuse then I see no problem with that. If you are on social media then you are open to messaging. 

They are indeed both responsible. But, Ashton is responsible for not replacing the quality/type of players that fitted the systems that worked. 
No replacement for Reid. 
No replacement for Pack. 

Those are the players that dictated our style of play when they were here. Ashton can spend all the Koenig he wants, but if he doesn’t replace like-for-like in the managers desired system then he’s also failing. 

If Ashton thinks that Weimann, Kalas & Nagy are direct replacements for the 3 above, then he is as clueless as the manager. 

You have this obsession with Pack. He isnt a top level championship player.

Just now, Harry said:

But he was crucial to our style of play and hasn’t been replaced. 

But even then we were average, he really hasnt been a big loss. Your original tweet should be Brownhill not pack.

I feel it slightly different this time round. Doesn't feel like the need for abuse  that many have given LJ before. It just feels like he has now proven his level, it's actually been OK for us that last few years (improving every year), but we now need someone who can take us to the next level, promotion. This may be the time Lansdown sees that as a business decision too. :dunno:

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

No replacement for Reid. 
No replacement for Pack. 

Those are the players that dictated our style of play when they were here. Ashton can spend all the money he wants, but if he doesn’t replace like-for-like in the managers desired system then he’s also failing. 

Huge assumption that LJ has a desired way of playing. Other than badly, I am not sure he knows either.

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

No replacement for Reid. 
No replacement for Pack. 

Kalas was signed before Webster and surely in part because of how well the partnership worked the previous season. I don't really buy into the idea that it was ever intended as a like for like swap. Despite the interest in Webster, I still suspect Kalas and Dasilva were brought in because we had the money from Kelly and the plan was to avoid selling Webster unless we got offered silly money. We then obviously did get offered silly money with three days of the window to go but didn't get a replacement.

A bit less certain on Nagy. Arguably we needed a centre-midfield anyway with Smith out long-term and Massengo surely not intended to get that many games in is first season but I suppose it cuts either way. If Nagy was intended to replace Pack then it doesn't really make sense as a transfer and, if Nagy was intended to play alongside Pack (which makes more sense to me than a Pack-Smith combination) then it seems daft to lose Pack and not replace him. Agree on Weimann and Reid for sure though. Very different players and we've never replaced Reid's goals or defensive work from the front. 

I’ve been pretty much on the fence with LJ,  never been anti Johnson mainly because he’s done a half decent job but putting Afobe on the left, I mean you’ve been injured pretty much all season, you work your balls off to get fit, get your first start and get chucked out there when you’re an out and out striker, I’d be savage. 
Taken us as far as he can, which to be fair, apart from his old mans play-off final has been some of our highest positions over the last 40 years. That said, time for someone else to have a bash, he’s reached his ceiling I feel. 

Just now, winterbournered said:

I’ve been pretty much on the fence with LJ,  never been anti Johnson mainly because he’s done a half decent job but putting Afobe on the left, I mean you’ve been injured pretty much all season, you work your balls off to get fit, get your first start and get chucked out there when you’re an out and out striker, I’d be savage. 
Taken us as far as he can, which to be fair, apart from his old mans play-off final has been some of our highest positions over the last 40 years. That said, time for someone else to have a bash, he’s reached his ceiling I feel. 

Bang on. I actually think - with the right decisions now - I could easily look back on Lee Johnson's reign far more positively than I do at this exact moment. He's built on what Cotts started, established us in the division, attracted some decent talent and a new manager would start with a strong foundation in terms of a good squad and some players who could be sold for profit in order to address weaknesses in the squad. 

But, as you say, he has taken us as far as we can. I actually want him out for his sake as much as anything. I think another season like this one would sour the opinions of even those who think he has done okay up until now. There's no getting round the fact that we've not been good enough far too often and another manager could surely get more out of the players. 

7 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Kalas was signed before Webster and surely in part because of how well the partnership worked the previous season. I don't really buy into the idea that it was ever intended as a like for like swap. Despite the interest in Webster, I still suspect Kalas and Dasilva were brought in because we had the money from Kelly and the plan was to avoid selling Webster unless we got offered silly money. We then obviously did get offered silly money with three days of the window to go but didn't get a replacement.

A bit less certain on Nagy. Arguably we needed a centre-midfield anyway with Smith out long-term and Massengo surely not intended to get that many games in is first season but I suppose it cuts either way. If Nagy was intended to replace Pack then it doesn't really make sense as a transfer and, if Nagy was intended to play alongside Pack (which makes more sense to me than a Pack-Smith combination) then it seems daft to lose Pack and not replace him. Agree on Weimann and Reid for sure though. Very different players and we've never replaced Reid's goals or defensive work from the front. 

Whether Kalas, or Moore. Whoever. Webster not replaced. Which of the CB’s we’ve signed has he ability to pass the ball. None of them. And because we now don’t have a midfielder who can pass a ball, we only have the long lump as the option. 

1 minute ago, Lez said:

We had the ability to keep the ball under o Driscoll doesnt mean we did anything with it.

Agree on that. 
But when you have your whole style of play based around 1 central lynchpin, and then you don’t replace him, that’s gonna spell trouble. 

By the way Lez, I’m agreeing that the time is up for LJ. 

Signs 52 players now says we need another type of player. Says Walsh and Morrell can do it after loaning them out. Throws wells under the bus for no reason. Just consistently Blames the players. 21 players and 4 formations used in 2 games. I don’t even think he knows what he wants anymore honestly. 

Archived