IGNORED

Even the Happy Clappers have had enough

myol'man

Pinning it on the defenders as overall the "performance was an improvement". Still dire but not as abysmal as Blackburn, presumably. Yes, the goals were poor defending but apparently not much wrong with his set-up or prep. As usual. 

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

But you can't just sack managers every time things don't look good.

So that was a part of my opinion in the past that we should keep him, but then there was a period when I thought he should go too in our record breaking run.

I think some people are worried it will be worse without him. Which I guess it could be, although that is hard to imagine right now!

I’ll admit that I’m beginning to share the opinion that it’s time for a new man at the helm but I doubt that SL shares that view and his view is the one that really matters.............:cool2:

LJ has been here long enough to have at least reach the play offs but that hasn’t happened and almost certainly won’t happen this season either so the dream of reaching the riches of the PL goes on hold for yet another season.

Does SL still think that LJ will deliver..............:dunno:

12 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Why do people have to be called a name. 

'Happy clappers.'

I personally was never clapping when we lost and played awful football. Or was happy in any way, whatever a 'happy clapper' means.

So that was a part of my opinion in the past that we should keep him, but then there was a period when I thought he should go too in our record breaking run.

I think some people are worried it will be worse without him. Which I guess it could be, although that is hard to imagine right now!

I'm guessing people feel the strong LJ supporters deserve a derogatory term. I don't completely blame them, this forum at times has been hostile towards LJ criticism in the past. Even when there were problems plain to see.

You can't deny "Happy Clapper" suits some people on here, LJ could serve up the biggest pile of shite football at AG and they'd come on here defending him till the death against people who just want to vent.

6 minutes ago, Sturny said:

I'm guessing people feel the strong LJ supporters deserve a derogatory term. I don't completely blame them, this forum at times has been hostile towards LJ criticism in the past. Even when there were problems plain to see.

You can't deny "Happy Clapper" suits some people on here, LJ could serve up the biggest pile of shite football at AG and they'd come on here defending him till the death against people who just want to vent.

Exactly. I have said this a few times over the years. Most of us, most of the time, particularly when we are awful come here to vent and get it out of their system. Inside the ground is rarely hostile to LJ and that’s the way it should be. However I think right now he’s lucky we are all banned as this is simply unacceptable. To put it mildly!

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

But even so called 'happy clappers' have different opinions on LJ.

I have been saying give it till the end of the season and then see. Some might say give him another window or another season, some might say lets have him here forever!

There's many different opinions and its not simply LJ in or out.

I sort of agree with that, but I find most of their opinons all lead to one agenda and that's whether they're enjoying LJ here or not. I guess the problem is when someone clearly won't budge and is happy to blindly defend LJ (Not saying that's what you're doing). So they get cheaply called a "Happy Clapper". 

Reading what you've wrote just here you technically would be a "LJ in" ?... for now 

48 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Just the same as some people would criticise him however well we were doing. I think people have only been hostile to unpleasant insults, not reasoned criticism. And stupid labels like Happy Clappers just add to that.

I’ve generally defended him in the past, on the basis that we have been inconsistent but steadily progressing. Right now, that isn’t happening. I also prefer stability at a club to short term hiring and firing - but you have to make changes sometimes.

Everyone is aloud an opinion but the happy clippers were wrong, they couldn't see LJ as a problem even though the results were ok earlier in the season the football was woeful at times. Chuck in a few bad runs that streaky always does and still when we should have gave him the boot. There were fans saying stick by him stability is key but look how that has turned out.

He was never really liked as a player and as a manager he is not doing himself any favours.

As I say everyone has an opinion and this is mine time for change is now his time is up.

4 minutes ago, Banjo Red said:

Everyone is aloud an opinion but the happy clippers were wrong, they couldn't see LJ as a problem even though the results were ok earlier in the season the football was woeful at times. Chuck in a few bad runs that streaky always does and still when we should have gave him the boot. There were fans saying stick by him stability is key but look how that has turned out.

He was never really liked as a player and as a manager he is not doing himself any favours.

As I say everyone has an opinion and this is mine time for change is now his time is up.

Happy clippers, doubt with lockdown there's many of them either!

6 minutes ago, Banjo Red said:

Saying ‘he’s a young manager let’s give him a good run and enough time to make mistakes and hopefully learn from them’ isn’t wrong.  Many people had that opinion. 

I had no urge to get to the Premier League within X years so more than happy to watch a young manager progress, learn and develop on the job. He served up decent football as well. Over the last year something has gone wrong and he now seems obsessed with box entries amongst other things.  It’s now pretty clear that he currently doesn’t have what it takes. I think he needs some serious time away to reflect and remember what made him a better manager two years ago than he is now. 

But I wouldn’t say any fans who showed support for him were wrong to do so. 

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Why do people have to be called a name. 

'Happy clappers.'

I personally was never clapping when we lost and played awful football. Or was happy in any way, whatever a 'happy clapper' means.

To be fair Jon.

We've gone through two near/probable record winless runs with LJ at the helm. This looks like the third.

Think the majority have just had enough by this stage. I realised LJ's pitfalls after the end of the season post the Man Utd game - when that repeated the following season after Jan, i.e. basically nothing had been learned, that was the end of the line for me.

Then LJ then went gung-ho full on Danny Shittu this season with some awful football when I didn't think it could get much worse.

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Saying ‘he’s a young manager let’s give him a good run and enough time to make mistakes and hopefully learn from them’ isn’t wrong.  Many people had that opinion. 

I had no urge to get to the Premier League within X years so more than happy to watch a young manager progress, learn and develop on the job. He served up decent football as well. Over the last year something has gone wrong and he now seems obsessed with box entries amongst other things.  It’s now pretty clear that he currently doesn’t have what it takes. I think he needs some serious time away to reflect and remember what made him a better manager two years ago than he is now. 

But I wouldn’t say any fans who showed support for him were wrong to do so. 

He needs to go somewhere as a no2 and learn how to be part of a team....he’d learn some man-management by observing others.

2 hours ago, myol'man said:

Looks like LJ is losing his core supporters.

Still here and still think he is a good young manager. He has spotted and developed some great talent and (so far) improved league position season on season. These are difficult times and I hope he survives and goes on to have a really good run of wins.  I have never wished to see City lose  a game.  54 years of supporting and I still try to look on the bright side.  Lee has to be optimistic because getting on the players backs will not help improve matters. Rather like supporters not supporting.  I always thought promotion was unlikely and would rather watch us being reasonably competitive in the Championship than getting tanked every game in the premier league. I appreciate that being disappointing to those who watch games hoping that we lose.

our time will come, and I believe that Lee is the right man to take us forward.  

I don’t for a minute think that LJ is useless he could well do the business at another club but unfortunately it’s not going to happen here . His time with us will be a useful learning curve and he will benefit from it as a manager . Thanks Lee 

1 hour ago, pillred said:

Happy clippers, doubt with lockdown there's many of them either!

I've enjoyed living here in Happy Clappy on Severn for a number of years, it's a beautiful place. Unfortunately it looks like I may have to move to temporary accommodation somewhere a little more ugly, disenchanting and cynical for a while. Hopefully I'll be back soon though. 

1 hour ago, Leveller said:

Just the same as some people would criticise him however well we were doing. I think people have only been hostile to unpleasant insults, not reasoned criticism. And stupid labels like Happy Clappers just add to that.

I’ve generally defended him in the past, on the basis that we have been inconsistent but steadily progressing. Right now, that isn’t happening. I also prefer stability at a club to short term hiring and firing - but you have to make changes sometimes.

I think that's SL's problem. Having gone through 5 or 6 managers between 2010 and 2016(? ) he's worried about going down that road again. He's probably ready for a change but needs to be convinced that he won't be doing it again in 12 months time.

Archived