IGNORED

'WE’LL DUST OURSELVES OFF AND GO AGAIN' - JOHNSON

La Plage

3 minutes ago, La Plage said:

Head Coach Lee Johnson believes City can start winning games after an improved display against Sheffield Wednesday but admits they need to do better in both boxes. 

FUC*ING UNBELIEVABLE 

They reckoned Hitler became deluded near the end !!!!!!

BINGO - That was the phrase I needed to complete my card!!

He's run out of phrases, players he can trust and all of those busy little bees we used to have. 

On recent performances (post and pre lockdown) it seems he has lost the confidence of a number of players.

In Afobe, we have one of the best strikers in the league when he's on form and fit. Yesterday he's played out of position on the left, and was quite clearly our best player on the pitch. What does LJ do? Sub him when we were crying out for him to be moved centrally. The look on Beniks face when he realised he was being taken off said it all I think.

He still doesn't have a favoured starting 11, or even a first 18, doesn't have a favoured formation, and we have no identity on the field. A few years ago we were beating premiership teams in the cup, including a team that included Pogba, Ibrahimovic, and Rashford. We were giving Man City a game, even over 2 legs. We were playing fast, attacking, and attractive football. Was it a sustainable tempo for a whole season -  no it wasn't. That's why you have a large and talented squad though, if we were playing that style now, I'd argue that we have a better squad, and the players who could come in and swap out tiring legs. Did we not hear a few years ago that the teams throughout the club were playing in the same way, so that players knew the system and patterns of play and could come into the first 11 and just slot in?

His times up. Needs to go. I don't even care if Jamie Mac is given it until the end of the season. At this moment in time he's had his chance, ran out of ideas, and needs to take a leaf out of his father's book and know when it's time to go. The trouble is unless he's pushed, he won't go anywhere because he's so arrogant and pig headed.

Was LJ even at the game? "he doesnt think we struggled or deserved to lose and we didnt do our jobs in the box" ? and our non existant midfield? did they do their jobs? or how about our deadly striking partnership?  you know the one where you put one of them out wide, nulifying the threat.

No need to worry though as LJ will " re-train them" before Weds and we will go again.

I just wish LJ would GO fullstop as he has no clue what to do or who to pick as a starting eleven and has lost most fans and no doubt most players belief that he does.

4 minutes ago, Taz said:

BINGO - That was the phrase I needed to complete my card!!

He's run out of phrases, players he can trust and all of those busy little bees we used to have. 

On recent performances (post and pre lockdown) it seems he has lost the confidence of a number of players.

In Afobe, we have one of the best strikers in the league when he's on form and fit. Yesterday he's played out of position on the left, and was quite clearly our best player on the pitch. What does LJ do? Sub him when we were crying out for him to be moved centrally. The look on Beniks face when he realised he was being taken off said it all I think.

He still doesn't have a favoured starting 11, or even a first 18, doesn't have a favoured formation, and we have no identity on the field. A few years ago we were beating premiership teams in the cup, including a team that included Pogba, Ibrahimovic, and Rashford. We were giving Man City a game, even over 2 legs. We were playing fast, attacking, and attractive football. Was it a sustainable tempo for a whole season -  no it wasn't. That's why you have a large and talented squad though, if we were playing that style now, I'd argue that we have a better squad, and the players who could come in and swap out tiring legs. Did we not hear a few years ago that the teams throughout the club were playing in the same way, so that players knew the system and patterns of play and could come into the first 11 and just slot in?

His times up. Needs to go. I don't even care if Jamie Mac is given it until the end of the season. At this moment in time he's had his chance, ran out of ideas, and needs to take a leaf out of his father's book and know when it's time to go. The trouble is unless he's pushed, he won't go anywhere because he's so arrogant and pig headed.

great post even the J Mac till end of season bit, maybe just maybe another defeat or 2 will seal his fate, then again more likely the main man will stand by his man no matter what... because he can. Our words matter not.

3 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Hmm Immensely popular for many years and admired across the globe don't think Johnson is quite at that level although he was in the Premier league apparently 

Natch. In making this comparison ( tried Hitler a first, someone objected !!) was stating that even Maggie who was good at first ( Man Utd. Man City ) went on to believe she was untouchable and nobody could tell her anything. This I believe ( and it seems other fans as well) is how LJ has now got or at least how he comes across to us fans.

Just now, oldstandrobin said:

Natch. In making this comparison ( tried Hitler a first, someone objected !!) was stating that even Maggie who was good at first ( Man Utd. Man City ) went on to believe she was untouchable and nobody could tell her anything. This I believe ( and it seems other fans as well) is how LJ has now got or at least how he comes across to us fans.

Got it now mate thanks 

14 hours ago, oldstandrobin said:

They reckoned Hitler became deluded near the end !!!!!!

‘ near the end ‘ ? 

?

1 hour ago, glos old boy said:

great post even the J Mac till end of season bit, maybe just maybe another defeat or 2 will seal his fate, then again more likely the main man will stand by his man no matter what... because he can. Our words matter not.

But our actions might .

9 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

‘ near the end ‘ ? 

?

But our actions might .

If the club is down say 2,000 SC sales and if POTD sales reduce by a similar number Lansdown will have to take notice but will it influence him ?. He understandably has an ego, doesn't like being wrong, and has previously shown a disregard for the clear signs on the pitch, so regrettably I think he will stick with Johnson, blame the players and Covid-19 and make a firm statement that his" vision" remains intact, that Lee Johnson is one of the best "young" coaches in the world and we are lucky to have him.

In other words, do as you're ******* told you peasants.

11 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

If the club is down say 2,000 SC sales and if POTD sales reduce by a similar number Lansdown will have to take notice but will it influence him ?. He understandably has an ego, doesn't like being wrong, and has previously shown a disregard for the clear signs on the pitch, so regrettably I think he will stick with Johnson, blame the players and Covid-19 and make a firm statement that his" vision" remains intact, that Lee Johnson is one of the best "young" coaches in the world and we are lucky to have him.

In other words, do as you're ******* told you peasants.

Problem is Natch is that we were all railroaded into renewing early ( as per usual) my mate and I renewed but if given the opportunity now, we would go POTD and choose our matches. After following for over 60 years I think we could be classed as supporters but now feel we are all just puppets ( or peasants as you say !!) May not count for next season as we are caught in the net but if this carries on, even ST holders wont turn up for next seasons matches. 

Got to the stage where he believes his own self made hype and bullshit comments and excuses.  I stopped listening to his after match interviews a while back as they were the same embarrassing garbage week in week out.

His stock has hit rock bottom yet he still believes he is capable of turning the situation around. Teams in and around us seem to have used the enforced break to galvanise and rejuvenate themselves while we have stagnated even further and look like lower half rubbish yet again at the business end of the season.

A decent manager and person who truly cared about where this club should be heading would have fallen on his sword by now and made way for change.

What else is he going to say, though?

My team selections are baffling, I change formation most games & I’m doing a pretty poor job?

I don’t bother to even watch stuff like this, as long with Mr.Bullshit Mark Ashton, you can see for yourself & make your own mind up on what is going on.

Far more bothered by his actions than his words.

2 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

We’re ####ed at the minute Major, we can’t even boycott matches or walk out early!

Wonder if we could hold a socially distanced protest down the Gate???

Good Idea Brizzle, I'll do a socially distanced protest 20 miles away. Will that count ??

2 hours ago, oldstandrobin said:

Problem is Natch is that we were all railroaded into renewing early ( as per usual) my mate and I renewed but if given the opportunity now, we would go POTD and choose our matches. After following for over 60 years I think we could be classed as supporters but now feel we are all just puppets ( or peasants as you say !!) May not count for next season as we are caught in the net but if this carries on, even ST holders wont turn up for next seasons matches. 

There's matchday revenue they'd be losing too though mate. 

He doesn't know his strongest 11.

He changes his team and tactics to suit the opposition and worryingly does this during games.

His constant chopping and changing sends out mixed & moral sapping messages to the players so that you play well and have the shirt one game and dropped the next (Maenpaa as an example) 

He publicly undermines players.

On a frequent run of bad form he continually makes change after change in the blinding hope of breaking the habit.

He is a very good lower league manager but this level has found him out.

The club have moved onto the next level.

The playing squad standard is getting better.

The fan base is increasing.

The standard of coaching is being left behind.

If the Lansdowns are serious about top flight football after ploughing millions into the infrastructure of Bristol Sport which of course they are then the next signing has to be a  "Pat Lam" type headline coach as in the rugby club.

It is the missing piece of the jigsaw.

Archived