IGNORED

Controversial (warning issued)

AppyDAZE

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

with that in mind , if we got done by 4-5 nil against forest and it meant the end for lee , then reluctantly I’d take it . ?

After watching both our shit show and then Forest, 4 or 5 nil is a real possibility in my opinion.

I can never wish us to lose, its not in my DNA. Whatever happens with LJ will happen regardless of opinions on here. SL is a shrewd businessman who will make his decision based on his ambition for the club, and any harm that might be done to its reputation, not because of feelings on OTIB. Personally, I think it's time for LJ to move on, but I'd rather he went having won the last 7 games and gallantly failed to make the play offs, or having got beat in the play offs by Brentford, than see us finish in the bottom half of the table. 

This is the thing. 

We all know we've been here many times before, on one of Lee's regular bad runs, and he's survived them all. 

If we'd won today we'd have been 7th and in the play off race. Therefore, based on previous experience, it seems highly unlikely that SL is anywhere near as close to wanting Lee gone as the fans are on here. 

Chances are we will stumble on, win a couple of the remaining games and carry on into next season with the current coaching team. 

It will take something out of the ordinary to change that. A 'bad' run is ordinary for LJ. So we probably need a real stuffing to change anything. I don't want that as a fan but I could live with it IF it lead to him leaving. 

Nottingham Forest are a side who tend to do pretty well without the ball. A bit like we were when riding higher albeit create more chances. Not really a possession based side in general, are they?

Were confidence in the players and club higher, it could have been ripe for one of our typical away days, of the last season and a half pre lockdown. Absorb a lot, strike with our few chances, funnel them narrower etc. 

I think that's all gone now however and I expect nothing but a loss or at best a bore draw which wouldn't do much for us.

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

Who really wants us to sneak a fortuitous win or two between now and the end of the season?

Call me a non-fan, call me wrong, call me anything you want. But I only think it will prolong the agony.

LJ's time here is up. It is obvious that he has ran around in circles in recent months. He needs to go, Forest need to beat us properly.

Sorry, said it.

Completely understand where you’re coming from and it certainly is a dilemma.

If he does sneak a couple of spawny wins, it could just save his arse and the thoughts of ‘going again’ under that clown next season really doesn’t bear thinking about.

I have to admit, in the last few minutes today, I wasn’t getting desperate like I usually do when we’re losing, so I may not be far away from how you’re thinking.

We’ve got nothing to play for now and tbh, I reckon anyone who thinks otherwise is either an eternal optimist or as deluded as LJ. A few more defeats won’t do any real harm, but if it gets rid of junior, it could be the best few points we’ve ever lost, so hard to be too upset.

I definitely felt like I couldn't care less about results prior to SOD's sacking, knowing that he was only a bad result or 2 from getting kicked out anyway, so I have been there before.  But SOD was a total disaster after his 1st game against Watford, and had the club perilously close to getting relegated to the bottom league.  So it is a different situation.  We still have a chance of getting into the Premier League.  But if things don't improve beginning on Wednesday, we will soon have no chance.

I voted for LJ to get sacked in today's poll, for all the reasons we all know about.  But it is very unlikely that will happen before Wednesday. If we were to beat Forest, it is not improbable that we could then - in true "Streaky Lee" tradition - beat Cardiff on Saturday, and go on a winning run.  There is a slim chance that it could happen but, as I mentioned in a post last week, we have yet to see a Johnson winning streak at the business end of a season when chasing a play off place, in fact the opposite happens. 

So I am pinning it all on the next 2 games, if we get 4 or 6 points, especially if we beat Cardiff, then we could well be in with a fighting chance.  And earlier in the season when we played them, we drew at home to Forest, and beat Cardiff, keeping clean sheets in both games.  Of course we all know that this is incredibly unlikely to happen.  The most likely scenario is that the next 2 or 3 games we will see our chances fade to such an extent that a top six finish will be impossible, at which stage we will then go on a decent 3 or 4 game run, which will see us finish in the top 8, which will keep SL happy.

I still feel he should go, and would have been more than happy if, after the Blackburn debacle, we had beaten Middlesbrough to signing Warnock until the end of the season, to see if his momentum could have got us over the line.

So no, I am not yet in a position where I am wanting to lose to Forest as, as things stand we can still do it.  If we do not get a win from these  2 games then, yes, when it comes to supporting City, if it takes a  5-0 thrashing at home by Stoke to remove the Head Coach for the greater good of the club, so be it!

2 hours ago, BCFC Grim said:

The footballs on par with SOD in my book.

Fair enough but I disagree, I think the football under SOD was far far worse but I guess it's a subjective thing. I am disappointed with where we are under Johnson and I won't defend him or the football we are playing but I don't feel quite the same level of despair as I did under SOD. 

Agree about the financial aspect though. 

It's a bit school ground shiithousery . I mean if e won em all would you change your mind? I really appreciate it is probably time, but it's a gamble. SL sees that. We got rid of his old man for success and it didn't work. I believe SL will only do it if the holy grail of manager/wage/personality is available. We won't get a big name manager so be careful what you wish for. Championship football is dangling a carrot ahead of the chopping block. He who dares, has a 1/12 shot of promotion..... Or religation. 

LJ's ineptitude as a young coach / manager, call it what you will , needs to be exposed . i never want City to lose, I've been a fan since 1970 ffs. But any kind of upturn is only going to cover over the cracks temporarily. We need to look to the next name in our long, proud history. I thank Lee for many things he has done here, but the time has come for change. CTID. Me a non-fan for this,  you couldnt be more wrong  folks

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

In my opinion as a life long City supporter I think it's pathetic and contemptuous and small minded and spiteful to ever ever hope that City lose a League match unless there was some  major reason like the result would relegate our greatest rival ( probably 90% would be happy in that specific circumstance).

I have been one of Lee's greatest supporters since Day 1 but enough now and I have no doubt SL is approaching that same conclusion.

The day I hope we start losing League games is the day I no longer support my Club. 

Sorry @AppyDaze but I think you're suffering Lockdown Lunacy and need to grow a pair or go support someone else.

On the contrary MRR, I think the OP has already got a big pair and doesn’t need to grow any. He’s had the guts to post something that I’ll bet a fair few have privately thought, but wouldn’t want to admit.

I can understand what you’re saying about never wanting to lose and saying otherwise doesn’t sit well with any supporter.  On the other hand, I really fear LJ’s totally lost the plot and could take this club on a serious downward slide now.  

With the admirable loyalty SL has shown him, I wouldn’t criticise any fan for choosing a little short term pain for the greater good of the club, because they feel it could finally make SL realise he’s backing the wrong horse.

LJ came here as an inexperienced and unspectacular manager and while here has been backed to the absolute hilt and has gained another four and a half years of Championship experience with us.

Can you see any indication that he’s actually learned anything that’s improved him as a manager in that time?  If you can’t, the next question is, why the hell is he still here after all this time?

If it takes a few pointless defeats to shift him, I really can’t argue that’s such a bad thing, particularly as we can’t even be there to watch.

2 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

On the contrary MRR, I think the OP has already got a big pair and doesn’t need to grow any. He’s had the guts to post something that I’ll bet a fair few have privately thought, but wouldn’t want to admit.

I can understand what you’re saying about never wanting to lose and saying otherwise doesn’t sit well with any supporter.  On the other hand, I really fear LJ’s totally lost the plot and could take this club on a serious downward slide now.  

With the admirable loyalty SL has shown him, I wouldn’t criticise any fan for choosing a little short term pain for the greater good of the club, because they feel it could finally make SL realise he’s backing the wrong horse.

LJ came here as an inexperienced and unspectacular manager and while here has been backed to the absolute hilt and has gained another four and a half years of Championship experience with us.

Can you see any indication that he’s actually learned anything that’s improved him as a manager in that time?  If you can’t, the next question is, why the hell is he still here after all this time?

If it takes a few pointless defeats to shift him, I really can’t argue that’s such a bad thing, particularly as we can’t even be there to watch.

Spot on, @BrizzleRed

59 minutes ago, New Dazzler said:

I definitely felt like I couldn't care less about results prior to SOD's sacking, knowing that he was only a bad result or 2 from getting kicked out anyway, so I have been there before.  But SOD was a total disaster after his 1st game against Watford, and had the club perilously close to getting relegated to the bottom league.  So it is a different situation.  We still have a chance of getting into the Premier League.  But if things don't improve beginning on Wednesday, we will soon have no chance.

I voted for LJ to get sacked in today's poll, for all the reasons we all know about.  But it is very unlikely that will happen before Wednesday. If we were to beat Forest, it is not improbable that we could then - in true "Streaky Lee" tradition - beat Cardiff on Saturday, and go on a winning run.  There is a slim chance that it could happen but, as I mentioned in a post last week, we have yet to see a Johnson winning streak at the business end of a season when chasing a play off place, in fact the opposite happens. 

So I am pinning it all on the next 2 games, if we get 4 or 6 points, especially if we beat Cardiff, then we could well be in with a fighting chance.  And earlier in the season when we played them, we drew at home to Forest, and beat Cardiff, keeping clean sheets in both games.  Of course we all know that this is incredibly unlikely to happen.  The most likely scenario is that the next 2 or 3 games we will see our chances fade to such an extent that a top six finish will be impossible, at which stage we will then go on a decent 3 or 4 game run, which will see us finish in the top 8, which will keep SL happy.

I still feel he should go, and would have been more than happy if, after the Blackburn debacle, we had beaten Middlesbrough to signing Warnock until the end of the season, to see if his momentum could have got us over the line.

So no, I am not yet in a position where I am wanting to lose to Forest as, as things stand we can still do it.  If we do not get a win from these  2 games then, yes, when it comes to supporting City, if it takes a  5-0 thrashing at home by Stoke to remove the Head Coach for the greater good of the club, so be it!

That's a bit of a despondent take with respect to the early part of his reign but broadly agree that he was quite terrible overall. 

We actually won quite a few home games and were well in the survival hunt. Played okay as well, some games saw goals and some saw solidity. Think we won all but one of his first 6 or 7 at home. Drew the other. I remember he took us back into it anyway.

Where things spiralled was vs Wolves away mid March. They'd just come down and were in trouble and eventually achieved a second successive relegation. 

We were a goal up in this relegation 6 pointer and at 1-0 and our run in there WAS hope with respect to digging ourselves out of a hole. 

Sure we conceded 2 goals in about 5 mins though and that broadly was that. Yet last minute equaliser at home to Sheffield Wednesday on Easter Monday though we in fact needed all 3 points gave us one final but of hope.  Home games v Bolton, Birmingham, Huddersfield and a trip to Charlton gave some grounds for hope. Small grounds.

We lost the lot.  Yet on paper an okay run in to take it deep into the season.

3 hours ago, weepywall said:

I never want City to lose but at the moment it really doesn't bother me if they do, sort of fallen out of love with football at the moment. 

Agreed, couldn’t even be arsed to watch today, caught up on a few work things instead.

I do wonder how this ‘break’ will effect attendances at all clubs. You do stuff because ‘it’s what you do’. Wonder how many will go back?

2 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

In my opinion as a life long City supporter I think it's pathetic and contemptuous and small minded and spiteful to ever ever hope that City lose a League match unless there was some  major reason like the result would relegate our greatest rival ( probably 90% would be happy in that specific circumstance).

I have been one of Lee's greatest supporters since Day 1 but enough now and I have no doubt SL is approaching that same conclusion.

The day I hope we start losing League games is the day I no longer support my Club. 

Sorry @AppyDaze but I think you're suffering Lockdown Lunacy and need to grow a pair or go support someone else.

Go and support someone else? A cheap, poor, predictable shot @Marina's Rolls Royce I want the best for BCFC actually... who is wrong who is right? Time will tell..

54 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That's a bit of a despondent take with respect to the early part of his reign but broadly agree that he was quite terrible overall. 

We actually won quite a few home games and were well in the survival hunt. Played okay as well, some games saw goals and some saw solidity. Think we won all but one of his first 6 or 7 at home. Drew the other. I remember he took us back into it anyway.

Where things spiralled was vs Wolves away mid March. They'd just come down and were in trouble and eventually achieved a second successive relegation. 

We were a goal up in this relegation 6 pointer and at 1-0 and our run in there WAS hope with respect to digging ourselves out of a hole. 

Sure we conceded 2 goals in about 5 mins though and that broadly was that. Yet last minute equaliser at home to Sheffield Wednesday on Easter Monday though we in fact needed all 3 points gave us one final but of hope.  Home games v Bolton, Birmingham, Huddersfield and a trip to Charlton gave some grounds for hope. Small grounds.

We lost the lot.  Yet on paper an okay run in to take it deep into the season.

Yes, fair point SOD's dead cat bounce was a bit longer than the Watford game, but by the time we had gone through a "no win" period with a relegation between March and October, I was just willing the board to take action, so felt that, especially after the "stupid question" interview, the writing was on the wall.  So I have no problem with the concept of wishing the team to take a defeat or 2 to speed up the process.  However, at the moment, for me, that time has not quite arrived, but we are only a couple of shockers away from thinking that the time is right for not wanting a win, to push the board into acting for the greater good!

The last 2 games have been embarrassing to say the least.  Whilst my memory is failing me a bit because it was a while ago, I don't think things were much better before the lock down.  There we were, 1 point away from the playoffs with 9 games to go and we go and lose two on the trot to very mediocre opposition at the best. with Benik Afobe fit again, I really thought that that we had some hope.  now that's all gone ☹️. Screw up again at Florist and surely LJ has to be toast.

48 minutes ago, New Dazzler said:

Yes, fair point SOD's dead cat bounce was a bit longer than the Watford game, but by the time we had gone through a "no win" period with a relegation between March and October, I was just willing the board to take action, so felt that, especially after the "stupid question" interview, the writing was on the wall.  So I have no problem with the concept of wishing the team to take a defeat or 2 to speed up the process.  However, at the moment, for me, that time has not quite arrived, but we are only a couple of shockers away from thinking that the time is right for not wanting a win, to push the board into acting for the greater good!

I never want us to lose personally speaking, but I get the sentiment in this scenario- wanting a small, relatively risk free disappointment to gain a greater good.

I wonder if we'd won at Wolves as perhaps we should, or beat Sheffield Wednesday as we should- on that day as perhaps torsya

33 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

The last 2 games have been embarrassing to say the least.  Whilst my memory is failing me a bit because it was a while ago, I don't think things were much better before the lock down.  There we were, 1 point away from the playoffs with 9 games to go and we go and lose two on the trot to very mediocre opposition at the best. with Benik Afobe fit again, I really thought that that we had some hope.  now that's all gone ☹️. Screw up again at Florist and surely LJ has to be toast.

Sheffield Wednesday's run from Boxing Day to lockdown or even last week would suggest terrible form. However, Blackburn's record from November onwards would suggest otherwise. Very mediocre at best? Don't think so, IMO.  They're legit playoff contenders for me- if not for all the injuries would probably be in those playoff places right now. I'd have taken 4 points from those 2 games, think a point at Blackburn would have been acceptable- if we had won today of course. Reasonable possession stats and at least create some chances while remaining stable at the other end now and then. Think they're 7th or 8th, maybe even 6th or thereabouts from start of November to now, and a  GD of +11 in that time- in 25 games- is a useful indicator. Blackburn is always a tricky away game anyway, when they're in decent form.

Funnily enough, thinking back we actually played quite well at home to Fulham. That was a blip though- Derby game was not bad either but overall the run from Birmingham at home to Fulham at home contained two good/decent displays. Just two.

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

Go and support someone else? A cheap, poor, predictable shot @Marina's Rolls Royce I want the best for BCFC actually... who is wrong who is right? Time will tell..

That is @Marina's Rolls Roycestandard response, and a pathetic one from a fellow supporter tbh. This season is now over unfortunately, change now before another window is pissed up the wall.

Still we do need people like him/her to blindly follow the orders in life. Cannon Fodder I believe the Generals used to call them.

27 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Agree and it’s a shambles.

Got to say I think this is worse than under SO’D in some respects.  At least SO’D had the excuse of inheriting a crap squad and little money, but what’s LJ’s excuse, as they are his own players, assembled at the cost of many £millions and over 4 years to build his squad.

Maybe memory is playing tricks on me, but I can’t honestly see much difference  in the quality of football between LJ and SO’D’s teams now.

12 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Whatever your opinion of the manager in charge, every City fan should always want the team to win every game regardless IMO

Sorry.......got to agree with AppleDaze.  The end sometimes justifies the means, and if it that means LJ going, I am prepared to put up with some embarasssing defeats. He has to go, so we can regroup for next season.  He states in his latest whine that the players didn"t do their jobs?...........Well LJ they appear to be  not the only ones, you have failed to do your job properly for quite sometime now, for just one example, how about insisiting that we have a defender on the back post at corners. during your tactical masterclasse's?

I can say today that I would like to lose so he gets sacked. But come kick off Wednesday I would be wanting nothing but a win. 

If we are to persist with LJ in charge, I hope SL says choose 20 players of the current squad and 4 academy players as the rest are to be sold (loaned for the academy players) . LJ has only done well when he is forced to work with smaller squads due to injuries etc. 

46 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Sorry.......got to agree with AppleDaze.  The end sometimes justifies the means, and if it that means LJ going, I am prepared to put up with some embarasssing defeats. He has to go, so we can regroup for next season.  He states in his latest whine that the players didn"t do their jobs?...........Well LJ they appear to be  not the only ones, you have failed to do your job properly for quite sometime now, for just one example, how about insisiting that we have a defender on the back post at corners. during your tactical masterclasse's?

Sorry but wanting us to lose guarantees nothing, it doesn’t guarantee LJ gets the boot, it doesn’t guarantee that even if he does the next manager will get it right and get us promoted.

10 hours ago, Robin-hugh-blind said:

It's a bit school ground shiithousery . I mean if e won em all would you change your mind? I really appreciate it is probably time, but it's a gamble. SL sees that. We got rid of his old man for success and it didn't work. I believe SL will only do it if the holy grail of manager/wage/personality is available. We won't get a big name manager so be careful what you wish for. Championship football is dangling a carrot ahead of the chopping block. He who dares, has a 1/12 shot of promotion..... Or religation. 

Got rid of his old man who I firmly believe would have taken us down and once you start assaulting players you have definitely lost the dressing room.

Johnson junior will take us down if left in charge.

Archived