IGNORED

Controversial (warning issued)

AppyDAZE

11 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Sometimes you just want the best thing for the club. At this point the best thing isn’t necessarily wins, it’s for us to be shot of LJ. 

I love Bristol City, but if it’s for long term improvement of our club, I’d gladly see Forest put 8 past us as much as it pains me to say. 

LJ is like a loyal family dog. But we need to be humane and put Fido down. He needs his Tinnion moment. 

haha - excellent! well put. 'His Tinnion moment'. Out of likes!

6 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

I understand the argument - not sure I ever actually want us to lose though. 

I never wanted him in the first place but do people actually think he will be sacked? He’s not yet close to his best bad run with us. I don’t think SL has any intentioned getting rid. That would mean admitting the project wasn’t working. 

Unfortunately...I agree, I think he will be here next season.

17 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I say similar things but I couldn’t help but get a little excited when Wells made it 2-1. I want LJ gone but city doing well brings me joy so not sure I can bring myself to hope we lose no matter the coach/manager

Even when we scored, there was no urgency.  The number of times Williams or Hunt got the ball and could’ve hit a diag to Diedhiou or Wells up top to allow a contested ball (not pretty but needs must), but didn’t was infuriating.  Players were trying to get to the front two in case of a loose ball, but we dithered.

In Tinman's last game at Swansea when we were 5 down I said to my wife that I wouldn't mind a humiliation now if a couple more went in, as it might force Tinman's or SL's hand. And so it proved. But there's a difference between mid to lower L1 and still with (an increasingly unlikely admittedly) Championship play off chance. 

However I'd avoid statements like 90% of City fans want him out. A few more previously supportive of LJ have moved today (me, I'm close but not quite there yet, but wouldn't' be too sad if it happened). But people who are still supportive are unlikely to be on here tonight TBH, so 90% is at best a guess and weakens your argument. With respect as a fellow City fan.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Even when we scored, there was no urgency.  The number of times Williams or Hunt got the ball and could’ve hit a diag to Diedhiou or Wells up top to allow a contested ball (not pretty but needs must), but didn’t was infuriating.  Players were trying to get to the front two in case of a loose ball, but we dithered.

There never seems to be any passion about our play. Good teams salvage or win games at the death. I might be wrong but I can’t remember us doing that lately.  
Everything about Bristol City on and off the field just seems “nice” and comfortable these days.... the whole club needs a rocket up it’s arse, if we’re not to do the traditional slow slide back down the table over the next few seasons. 

29 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

Hand on heart i want us to lose until Lansdown sacks him, if that means 9 straight defeats for instance then so be it.

It shouldn’t be, but I’m afraid that is exactly how I feel too, all the fun, excitement and willingness has been destroyed by this management team

Didnt mind today for a couple of reasons. 

1. Supported City for over 60 years now and sick fed up of his excuses, throwing players under the bus, glory WHEN we win, nothing but blaming others when we lose. If losing a few matches in this NOW non season helps him go.....lets lose them. Like Covid 19 has f**ked up my holidays this year am prepared to see us lose to get someone in who can do a lot with the talent we have and when this sh*t is all over can resume my seat looking forward to exciting football. The pain wont last for long and as we are now 12th, the pain will not last forever.

2. Second team is Sheffield Wednesday who I supported as a teenager when I lived up there. Always want a draw in these matches and always want a draw unless a win will get us promotion. Then again, I have to be mercenary against the team I watched at Wembley in 1966 lose to Everton. City always come first so if we have to lose a few........so be it

49 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Who really wants us to sneak a fortuitous win or two between now and the end of the season?

Call me a non-fan, call me wrong, call me anything you want. But I only think it will prolong the agony.

LJ's time here is up. It is obvious that he has ran around in circles in recent months. He needs to go, Forest need to beat us properly.

Sorry, said it.

Yes, you are right.

I was shitting myself that we would fluke an equaliser in the last 5 mins.

A season now going no where, to what’s a few more losses for the greater good of the club?!

The option any City fan must want is for City to reach the playoffs and win  promotion to the Premier League. As this is unlikely, the next best option is for City to finish mid table and LJ leaves. The worst, and most frightening option, is for City to fluke its way into the playoffs and lose. That would count as an improvement on last season, so we would have LJ for another year 

I can’t ever want City to lose. Can’t. It’s like wanting my kids to do badly. I love them too much to want failure. 

That said, I think the broader question is this - if you said to anyone - even those who despise LJ - we win the next 7 games, which become 10 games - and make the prem - everyone would want that.

So the question is, if that doesn’t happen (it won’t), is it better to lose more than we win to avoid LJ being given another year? That’s reasonable. But we should all want us to win vs Forest. Vs Cardiff. And every game from thereon in. As long as there’s a chance...

(NB I think his time is up. But wishing for a pasting off Forest is nonsense)

2 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

is there anyone one here can hack burnley head office computer to send lj an offer he cant refuse on condition he resigns first??

Are we sure there wasn't a typo and that we are actually talking about Bromley?

22 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

The footballs on par with SOD in my book. Both could only dream of having the backing Johnson has had.

They were a division below this though.

Steve Cotterill showed them how to get us out of that division.

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

Who really wants us to sneak a fortuitous win or two between now and the end of the season?

Call me a non-fan, call me wrong, call me anything you want. But I only think it will prolong the agony.

LJ's time here is up. It is obvious that he has ran around in circles in recent months. He needs to go, Forest need to beat us properly.

Sorry, said it.

463076014_tenor(1).gif.751d280678ea582d187874ff8f63fad4.gif

59 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Sometimes you just want the best thing for the club. At this point the best thing isn’t necessarily wins, it’s for us to be shot of LJ. 

I love Bristol City, but if it’s for long term improvement of our club, I’d gladly see Forest put 8 past us as much as it pains me to say. 

LJ is like a loyal family dog. But we need to be humane and put Fido down. He needs his Tinnion moment. 

It really has to end,  it is painful and has been for some time now. 

I want us to win every match. Be lovely if we beat Forest, pulled a winning run out of nowhere and squeaked into the play-offs. That would make me and 700 odd others look daft, but I wouldn't care - I'd be over-the-moon

BUT if we lose, which is much more likely, a good thumping does at least give the owner impetus to remove LJ. Sort of a silver lining, so to speak.

I said the same when the Swansea debacle led to Tinnion's managerial exit. My Jacks-supporting mate couldn't understand how I reacted to the loss, but I told him: "You've done us a favour. Cheers!"

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Be careful what you wish for.  A new manager or head coach could be even worse than LJ, especially as we won't be willing to pay him a fortune.

On a brighter note, we are 13 points away from relegation with 7 games to go, so we should be safe even though I can't see us winning any of them. The playoff's are now a long forgotten pipe dream.

Based on this prediction, which I agree with by the way, we will most likely go down next season which begs the question of how any replacement could make things worse.

In my opinion as a life long City supporter I think it's pathetic and contemptuous and small minded and spiteful to ever ever hope that City lose a League match unless there was some  major reason like the result would relegate our greatest rival ( probably 90% would be happy in that specific circumstance).

I have been one of Lee's greatest supporters since Day 1 but enough now and I have no doubt SL is approaching that same conclusion.

The day I hope we start losing League games is the day I no longer support my Club. 

Sorry @AppyDaze but I think you're suffering Lockdown Lunacy and need to grow a pair or go support someone else.

1 minute ago, shelts said:

Heartbreaking to want to see your team lose to hasten the departure of our failing manager . I get it . We are in disarray at the moment . 

Yes to all of this. The mere thought that I would want us to lose makes  me a little nauseous, however so does this situation as I guess it does those at the top!

Archived