IGNORED

the squad.

Hampshire reds

steve and mark. you guys need to open your eyes to what is going on at the club. we have the best squad of players that this club has had for many a year . But we have a manager that has no idea what is his best team is no idea on formation he wants to play. it is a complete shambles. he is wasting your money. Today was embarrassing. cone on please do something about it. it looks to me he has lost the changing room  

We have one of the best squads in the league. Without a doubt.

A front 4 of Wells, Afobe, Weimann and Diedhiou. 

CBS of Kalas Baker William's and the lad from Leicester.

Bit short in midfield granted but decent keepers too.

20 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

steve and mark. you guys need to open your eyes to what is going on at the club. we have the best squad of players that this club has had for many a year . But we have a manager that has no idea what is his best team is no idea on formation he wants to play. it is a complete shambles. he is wasting your money. Today was embarrassing. cone on please do something about it. it looks to me he has lost the changing room  

Send them an email or a letter rather than posting on here. Doubt they read a fans forum 

11 hours ago, Lez said:

We have one of the best squads in the league. Without a doubt.

A front 4 of Wells, Afobe, Weimann and Diedhiou. 

CBS of Kalas Baker William's and the lad from Leicester.

Bit short in midfield granted but decent keepers too.

Hilarious.

Our squad is massively overrated on here.

No decent RB, plus a collection of central defenders who might look good on paper but have struggled all season, especially Kalas, who I was delighted we signed, but has been poor.

A bottom six midfield & a lot of samey creative 10s (Palmer, suddenly the son of God on here but actually mediocre) plus the inconsistent Pato & unproven Szmodics.

We are strong up front with Wells now & have been very unlucky with Afobe, but our squad is nowhere near the standard of the current top six, thanks Mark Ashton..

Had a quick go at seeing whether I feel these players would get into a top 6 squad as first choice or as sub who plays regularly.

Daniel Bentley - YES                                           
Niki Mäenpää  - YES                       
Max O'Leary - NO                        
Joe Wollacott - NO                        

Nathan Baker - YES                        
Filip Benković - UNSURE                        
Jay Dasilva - YES                        
Jack Hunt - NO                        
Tomáš Kalas - YES                              
Pedro Pereira - NO                        
Zak Vyner - NO                        
Ashley Williams - NO                        

Tyreeq Bakinson - NO                       
Niclas Eliasson - YES                                       
Han-Noah Massengo - NO                        
Ádám Nagy - NO                        
Kasey Palmer - NO                                              
Tommy Rowe - NO                        
Korey Smith - NO                        

Benik Afobe - YES                        
Famara Diédhiou - YES                               
Callum O'Dowda - NO                        
Jamie Paterson - NO                        
Matt Taylor - NO                        
Marley Watkins - NO                        
Andreas Weimann - NO                        
Nahki Wells - YES

Just done that quickly, there's a few that deserve an * (Paterson on his day is good enough, Massengo will be in a couple of years, not seen enough of Benkovic). Based on that, as @GrahamC says above, we have a reasonably strong forward line - but a very weak midfield. A few good defenders in there too. It's obviously midfield that is going to let us down. Without a quality midfield our strikers will get no service and our defenders no protection.

I beg to disagree. My son, a Leeds supporter (poor chap was born up there, but he's very unbiased) watched yesterday's match with me and he watches every game he can on Sky; he reckons, with only one or two exceptions, that every Championship manager would salivate at the prospect of a squad like ours to work with.

3 minutes ago, Atyeo's lift said:

I beg to disagree. My son, a Leeds supporter (poor chap was born up there, but he's very unbiased) watched yesterday's match with me and he watches every game he can on Sky; he reckons, with only one or two exceptions, that every Championship manager would salivate at the prospect of a squad like ours to work with.

I have also spoken to Leeds fans this season who would love are strike force ,centre backs and both keepers . Bielsa is proof of what a good manager can do with a fairly decent squad 

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

@Phileas Fogg Think you are being quite generous to include either Baker or Bentley in a top six squad (Brentford appear to have made a conscious decision to trade up on the latter) but agree about the rest & Pato & HNM, too.

I think Baker (with the right partner and in a consistent run of form) can be very good. In hindsight perhaps too many variables to rate him as top 6.

I'm not a very good judge of keepers to be honest so you're probably right there too! 

30 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Hilarious.

Our squad is massively overrated on here.

No decent RB, plus a collection of central defenders who might look good on paper but have struggled all season, especially Kalas, who I was delighted we signed, but has been poor.

A bottom six midfield & a lot of samey creative 10s (Palmer, suddenly the son of God on here but actually mediocre) plus the inconsistent Pato & unproven Szmodics.

We are strong up front with Wells now & have been very unlucky with Afobe, but our squad is nowhere near the standard of the current top six, thanks Mark Ashton..

Spot on, way too many ‘creative‘ players who vanish for long periods, once Brownhill left, no energy in midfield, mix n match central defenders that have not performed, full backs that are suspect defensively. It’s not about the individuals, but how they work as a unit. 

Archived