IGNORED

Would you want him back?

ohhhshauntaylor

Would you go back?   

283 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No brainer but it will never happen. Cotts was badly treated and is held in very, very high regard by our support but we're after something different.

I hate to say it but if Swindon or a decent L1 side had a vacancy, he would be absolutely perfect.

Give him a job at somewhere like Ipswich and they would storm the league as we did. 

I'd go and pick up Cotts right now!

I'd have him back in a heartbeat as he gave me one of the best seasons ever, with fight, passion, and team tactics and formation pretty spot on.

No BS buzz words, like dynamic, and identity, and all the other gibberish we hear.

I'd imagine there are so many players under the Bristol City bus at the moment it wouldn't be able to move. Don't recall much of that (I've ****** up again but let's blame the players) from Cott's if any at all.

Imagine what he could have done if he was backed with half that money, let alone all of it.

18 minutes ago, Sniper said:

I'd go and pick up Cotts right now!

I'd have him back in a heartbeat as he gave me one of the best seasons ever, with fight, passion, and team tactics and formation pretty spot on.

No BS buzz words, like dynamic, and identity, and all the other gibberish we hear.

I'd imagine there are so many players under the Bristol City bus at the moment it wouldn't be able to move. Don't recall much of that (I've ****** up again but let's blame the players) from Cott's if any at all.

Imagine what he could have done if he was backed with half that money, let alone all of it.

It's all academic now, but it wasn't possible in summer 2015, at that time to back big.

I would also add for balance, how would Cotts handle the player trading we have seen - it's only fair to judge under similar conditions- that appears to be a necessity in the Championship. For us it began with Kodjia sale in summer 2016- and Ayling though his fee wasn't so big- he may not have liked that!

He was generally an excellent man manager though, seemed very driven, focused as well. Shame how it ended! Interim appointment, nothing to lose but don't know if it works beyond that.

Lansdown did everything possible to sack Cotts, and now he’s doing everything possibly to not sack LJ. 

LJ had 24m of players on the bench yesterday, Cotts wasn’t allowed to sign Tomlin on loan. 

The playing field is so far from level it’s untrue. I’d have Cotts back in a heartbeat if it meant getting rid of the current clown. 

3 hours ago, David Brent said:

Neither. Next.

This.

I love Cotts for what he did for us, but we've all moved on and going back doesn't seem a good idea.

If I had to choose one of them, I'd go with LJ. Just because I have such wonderful memories of Cotts and wouldn't want them spoiled by a horrific second spell. I'm not so fond of LJ and so am used to disappointment with him!

6 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

This.

I love Cotts for what he did for us, but we've all moved on and going back doesn't seem a good idea.

If I had to choose one of them, I'd go with LJ. Just because I have such wonderful memories of Cotts and wouldn't want them spoiled by a horrific second spell. I'm not so fond of LJ and so am used to disappointment with him!

Interesting angle! ???

I don't think going back to a former manager is the way forward and obviously there's the breakdown in relationship between SL and SC that makes it an impossibility.

What SC did, and this is something we were clearly crying out for yesterday, is played players to their strengths (Afobe on the wing??). He had a set plan of how he wanted us to play and actively recruited for that style. 

The players under Cotts looked as if they were really enjoying their football, playing their natural games. LJ doesn't give them the freedom to express themselves. It's all so sterile and they just dont want the ball. This squad with Cotts in charge would have us drooling  with their flair. LJ has coached the flair out of them. Time to go Lee.

42 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I don't think going back to a former manager is the way forward and obviously there's the breakdown in relationship between SL and SC that makes it an impossibility.

What SC did, and this is something we were clearly crying out for yesterday, is played players to their strengths (Afobe on the wing??). He had a set plan of how he wanted us to play and actively recruited for that style. 

Spot on.

Plus, speaking as a huge Cotts fan, he is a control freak who could never work in our current set up with the hugely overrated (but apparently fireproof) Mark Ashton, who in my opinion should leave now as well.

I don't think LJ can take the club any further and I think Cotts' team played the best football I can remember a Bristol City team playing but I still would rather LJ stayed than Cotts came back.

Cotts is a great manager who did a superb job here but the last four months were toxic and depressing. I've no doubt Cotts had justifiable reason to be angry and disappointed about the summer transfer window but the way he let that animosity seep into interviews and affect the culture of the club was massively unhelpful. I don't want a manager who refuses to name subs or sticks to the same side in order to point score. I want someone who tries to win the club games.

I think it is easy to forget in retrospect how poor are run was when Cotts left and how terrible we looked as a side, and the way the results lifted immediately with his departure. Cotts was probably my favourite manager in all of my time supporting the club but I really want us to look forward rather than backwards.

SC (blessings be upon him) won our first title in my life. 

The bloke knew what hey wanted but there was arguments about contracts internally apparently and the p[layers went elsewhere. We couldn’t attract anyone After that and the opportunity was lost. We went on to play with pretty much the same promotion team and Kodjia. As I remember it anyway.

We were in the relegation zone after last minute defeat at Reading and the rest is history. As I mentioned yesterday Wilco’s comment was Steve I think feels a bit miffed that he was not backed by SL in the same way as LJ (who has created a ******* great mess)

If SL and SC can put aside their differences, he would be perfect for between now and the end of the season, followed by a bit of a chat!!...However never gonna happen. LJ will be in charge on Wednesday and our season will be lost!

Archived