IGNORED

Today please Steve

Top Robin

1 minute ago, mozo said:

If City win 6 of the 7 remaining games, we could make the play offs. I don't think you can sack Johnson when he still has a slim chance of achieving his objective. 

We have two chances , ‘ slim ‘ and ‘no ‘ , and slim has left the building. 

1 minute ago, Hampshire reds said:

you can bet he does read it. 

That’s me off his Christmas card list then .

4 minutes ago, mozo said:

If City win 6 of the 7 remaining games, we could make the play offs. I don't think you can sack Johnson when he still has a slim chance of achieving his objective. 

Cardiff only have to win 2 and draw 2, and we would then have to win every single game, which won't happen. 

Just now, Major Isewater said:

We have two chances , ‘ slim ‘ and ‘no ‘ , and slim has left the building. 

Yeah slim has left the building and jumped in a cab headed for the airport clutching tickets for a tour of the Bermuda triangle...

2 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Cardiff only have to win 2 and draw 2, and we would then have to win every single game, which won't happen. 

That's not quite right is is? If we win both our games this week (including Cardiff), and Cardiff say draw v Charlton, we would be level with them with 5 to play. 

1 minute ago, frenchred said:

Oh deary me!

Let's put it this way, if City beat Forest this midweek, and Cardiff lose to Charlton...

...beating Cardiff on the weekend would send us above them. Voila. Back in the game.

Will it happen? Highly doubt it! 

6 minutes ago, mozo said:

I think you’re right, and suspect that this would be SL’s view.

But by this time next week even that possibility could be gone, so I would hope that work is being done behind the scenes now to allow us to bring in a new manager ASAP once the decision is made.

In normal circumstances it might make sense to have a caretaker manager for the rest of the season to see who becomes available from other clubs. But with a potentially very short close season I’d favour giving the new man more time to get to know the players - as long as we can secure a good enough candidate, of course.

Just now, mozo said:

Let's put it this way, if City beat Forest this midweek, and Cardiff lose to Charlton...

...beating Cardiff on the weekend would send us above them. Voila. Back in the game.

Will it happen? Not a chance in hell with that clown in charge!

I've edited the bottom bit for you!

5 minutes ago, mozo said:

..... not sure if you’re joking with this, but just in case you’re not, I’ll just remind you of the old saying ‘if my granny had bollux’etc, etc.

Really need to let go of that play off idea fantasy and  just be thankful we aren’t closer to the opposite end of the table, as there’s only one direction we’re moving right now and it aint up!

25 minutes ago, mozo said:

See it's these kind of comments that suprise me. What City side have you been watching to suggested this is a valid point to make? Do you honestly think this is possible?

29 minutes ago, mozo said:

Will not win any of the next two, if we continue to play as we have, I like so many was looking forward to return of football, but that’s been wiped out by two poor performances, it’s not just that we are losing, it’s the way we are losing and playing.

Johnsons management style = Johnson’s playing style.

3 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

See it's these kind of comments that suprise me. What City side have you been watching to suggested this is a valid point to make? Do you honestly think this is possible?

There may well be a clause in his contract that allows him to be sacked at a reduced compensation level for failure to reach the play-offs or if we finish below a certain position? SL may be playing the waiting game on this basis.

4 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Incredibly it is possible and those who know anything about LJ know he is as streaky as they come.

Do I think it will happen - no. Do I feel it times to change - yes. But we’ve seen so many times before that we’ve been shockingly bad and then win 4 on the bounce and suddenly we look good. 

1 minute ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Incredibly it is possible and those who know anything about LJ know he is as streaky as they come.

Do I think it will happen - no. Do I feel it times to change - yes. But we’ve seen so many times before that we’ve been shockingly bad and then win 4 on the bounce and suddenly we look good. 

The problem with our bad runs of form is that Lee and the coaching team don't seem to understand how and why they happen in order to know how to stop the bad runs. It just feels like they keep making tactical mistakes until luck shines on is and we seem to fluke a win which then starts a good run. 

2 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

The problem with our bad runs of form is that Lee and the coaching team don't seem to understand how and why they happen in order to know how to stop the bad runs. It just feels like they keep making tactical mistakes until luck shines on is and we seem to fluke a win which then starts a good run. 

Don’t disagree but it’s possible based on the past. 

41 minutes ago, mozo said:

But its the club objective. Not a personal objective. 

In work if we have a major project we get the best people to work on it. 

LJ isn't the best person to work on this so shouldn't get the chance just because it's possible. We should get the right person in and give them the slim chance of making the play offs. 

LJ will be here until the end of this weird mini season come what may.

Am not saying this is ideal, but the break will have given him time, and while he can point to the proximity to the play offs, he’ll not be hooked.

Either we give it a real go and he’s likely here when next season, or we fall away badly and he maybe is at risk. But I’d buckle up for it being LJ the next seven games at least.

Archived