IGNORED

Today please Steve

Top Robin

2 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

There may well be a clause in his contract that allows him to be sacked at a reduced compensation level for failure to reach the play-offs or if we finish below a certain position? SL may be playing the waiting game on this basis.

I fear that is true.

As I’ve said previously though, if LJ loves this Club he would go now. Settle on a deal and clear the way for a new motivational manager who might just give us sufficiently fresh impetus to get us in the play-offs.

If he doesn’t do that it’s either because he an arrogant little ***** who thinks he’s far better than he actually is or he’s just fake about his love for the Club, possibly both.

Lee, my advice, leave us now with some credit from supporters. Many managers - and those that have earned respect - have done that before, so no shame.  

19 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

..... not sure if you’re joking with this, but just in case you’re not, I’ll just remind you of the old saying ‘if my granny had bollux’etc, etc.

Really need to let go of that play off idea fantasy and  just be thankful we aren’t closer to the opposite end of the table, as there’s only one direction we’re moving right now and it aint up!

13 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

See it's these kind of comments that suprise me. What City side have you been watching to suggested this is a valid point to make? Do you honestly think this is possible?

Don't worry, I don't think we stand a chance in hell!

Just saying that when Lansdown mightfeel he's being unfair in sacking LJ before it's mathematically impossible. 

As I've also suggested above, beating Forest, by fluke, crazy referee decision or whatever, could (if Cardiff drop points against Charlton, who are battling for their lives), set up a showdown with Cardiff in which we can catch them.

Whilst that is clearly not likely to happen, a chairman might think that's enough to stick for another game.

13 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

The problem with our bad runs of form is that Lee and the coaching team don't seem to understand how and why they happen in order to know how to stop the bad runs. It just feels like they keep making tactical mistakes until luck shines on is and we seem to fluke a win which then starts a good run. 

Sounds very similar to what some Barnsley fans were telling us when he was appointed here.

47 minutes ago, mozo said:

If City win 6 of the 7 remaining games, we could make the play offs. I don't think you can sack Johnson when he still has a slim chance of achieving his objective. 

When I quickly looked at your post and saw 6 and 7, I thought you were predicting team changes for the next 2 games. 

1 minute ago, mozo said:

Just saying that when Lansdown mightfeel he's being unfair in sacking LJ before it's mathematically impossible. 

As I've also suggested above, beating Forest, by fluke, crazy referee decision or whatever, could (if Cardiff drop points against Charlton, who are battling for their lives), set up a showdown with Cardiff in which we can catch them.

Whilst that is clearly not likely to happen, a chairman might think that's enough to stick for another game.

But if we get rid now...we might just stand a chance in hell.....more than if he stayed I think....new manager bounce and all that

2 hours ago, Top Robin said:

Brief telephone conversation, quick exit, clean break, put it behind us and start afresh.

No chance, he'll be hoping our good streak will start soon we might not make the playoffs but it would mean LJ is still in a job, it's happened so many times before when he's been under threat

27 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

CHris WIlder and Dean Smith would suggest otherwise but looking at the top 6 currently you may have a point

They are the exception (and Colin) not sure what the stats are but seems to me for a few years now the best/top teams in this division are managed by non-British managers

3 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

No chance, he'll be hoping our good streak will start soon we might not make the playoffs but it would mean LJ is still in a job, it's happened so many times before when he's been under threat

Precisely. And people wonder why I say that a jammy win wouldn't necessarily be a good thing.

I believe that 2 wins from 7 would keep SL happy with LJ, and it's starting to really, really get on my tits tbh

58 minutes ago, mozo said:

If City win 6 of the 7 remaining games, we could make the play offs. I don't think you can sack Johnson when he still has a slim chance of achieving his objective. 

Have you seen us play this season we got zero chance of winning 6 out of the next 100 

1 minute ago, Banjo Island said:

Have you seen us play this season we got zero chance of winning 6 out of the next 100 

Well if the 6 come this season, at least we could reach the playoff semi, before embarking on the most astounding losing streak ever!

19 minutes ago, marmite said:

Do you have a different view?  Yes it's my opinion but have you watched us play lately?

Probably a lot more games than you this season. Been a mixed bag, but if he stays, very big ‘if’ admittedly, who can predict anything going forward?

For Mr Steve Lansdown has done a lot of things right, the stadium, the link with rugby to increase the stadium usage, training ground and not risking everything on gamble for promotion HOWEVER he just seems to have a total blindspot regards LJ. We have seen him sack other managers when the form and football quality was no worse than we have now.

It is so clear that LJ has lost the plot blaming anything except himself. The players have clearly lost faith and confidence in the manager

During the drinks break we see Monk laying down the law and giving instructions even though they were coasting whilst LJ spent the whole time detached from his team moaning at the officials.

Perhaps it is time for a petition?

No way that LJ will be fired before the end of the season.

It'll be interesting to see where we end up in the table. Currently 12th, with a very real chance on current form we'll go backwards from here and not forwards (unless of course the signs of "going on a run" come true ?‍♂️)

LJ will blame the Covid break for wherever we end up, and unfortunately I think that in itself will be enough to buy him at least another season with SL.

1 hour ago, Squire Dastardly said:

LJ should walk if he is an honourable man. Caretaker can be put in charge and Ashton should get on with finding a new & competent manager capable of doing well in the Championship.

It' that clear & the sooner it happens the better.

Well we know he isnt an honorable man? He'd rather chuck his players under a bus tham take any responsibility himself. With that and dancing around like a lunatic on the touchline rather than try and solve the issues on the pitch he strikes me as quite a horrible little man.

37 minutes ago, mozo said:

Get what you’re saying mozo, but if by a miracle he managed to fluke his way way to the PO’s, what chances would we have in a knock out environment with this shitshow?

Like 2020, this season feels like a total write-off to me and we could actually be able to get ourselves ahead of the game for next season if we could bring someone in early to get as much time as possible with the players, before we kick off again.

Sticking with LJ any longer doesn’t feel like a worthwhile option imho. We’ve had plenty long enough to know what we’re getting with LJ as a HC, which sadly appears to be much like him as a player.  A lot of activity, but really doesn’t do very much of note.

6 minutes ago, ReggyRed said:

Get a grip. BLM is much more important than a bad performance 

So they are ok getting behind a racist cause in itself that is anti semitic which was proven yesterday? Football should not get involved in any of this.

Just now, ReggyRed said:

BLM isn’t political, it’s a humanity issue that everyone should be behind. 

Not political. Ok, don't embarass yourself. And yes their lives do matter, but to say it isnt political is a joke, you think the club is right to get behind a group who want to abolish police in this country then

6 minutes ago, 2015 said:

So they are ok getting behind a racist cause in itself that is anti semitic which was proven yesterday? Football should not get involved in any of this.

That's the group BLM. The actual movement however is important. Both different. 

8 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Get what you’re saying mozo, but if by a miracle he managed to fluke his way way to the PO’s, what chances would we have in a knock out environment with this shitshow?

Like 2020, this season feels like a total write-off to me and we could actually be able to get ourselves ahead of the game for next season if we could bring someone in early to get as much time as possible with the players, before we kick off again.

Sticking with LJ any longer doesn’t feel like a worthwhile option imho. We’ve had plenty long enough to know what we’re getting with LJ as a HC, which sadly appears to be much like him as a player.  A lot of activity, but really doesn’t do very much of note.

Yeah if Lansdown was starting to think seriously about a head coach, the best way to do it would be to give them a few games this season to get a feel for the squad and their output, and also the full 4 weeks break as a pre-season. 

Recruiting after 10 or 20 games next season does render 2020-21 a bit of a write off.

I do think it makes sense to get the Forest game out of the way first, before a definitive decision. 

But I also could see Lansdown waiting longer.

2 minutes ago, Selred said:

That's the group BLM. The actual movement however is important. Both different. 

All the same to me. Like EDL group and movement is all the same. People need to read into what this 'movement' actually want, as it certainly is not equality and for Football to get behind it, is disgusting

1 hour ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Cardiff only have to win 2 and draw 2, and we would then have to win every single game, which won't happen. 

Says it in a nutshell. Its all over bar the squealy shouting. If they are going to make a change the time to do it is NOW; As others have said and given the new season training starts basically when this season concludes it has to be now. 3 million v 100 million... what are the club waiting for? Beats me.

Archived