IGNORED

Really Lee...

PFree

So we played 433 yesterday because you watched Liverpool and it works well do them..?

How many tens, or hundreds of thousands are you paid to make such critical decisions?

Oh, and as an old school coach, players shouldn't have pink on their boots, of course making them wear black boots will make all the difference ?

The pond is stagnant now sorry, you've done well to this point but, please leave with dignity..

We need to follow the Bears I'm afraid and appoint a proven Manager, not sure why we should continue to be in their shadow.

Yours, one very disillusioned ST holder of a few decades.

4 hours ago, PFree said:

So we played 433 yesterday because you watched Liverpool and it works well do them..?

How many tens, or hundreds of thousands are you paid to make such critical decisions?

Oh, and as an old school coach, players shouldn't have pink on their boots, of course making them wear black boots will make all the difference ?

The pond is stagnant now sorry, you've done well to this point but, please leave with dignity..

We need to follow the Bears I'm afraid and appoint a proven Manager, not sure why we should continue to be in their shadow.

Did he actually say that? Where? When?

1 hour ago, glen humphries said:

I’ve got a feeling we’re going to have a sod moment with lee jay very soon , whoa whoa stupid question, I think he’s going to go on a right mad rant in a interview 

Pointed, probing questions will never be asked by those on the staff media team  - they value their jobs. Even the press have to tread carefully for fear of being frozen out

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, embarrassing.

More evidence the bloke hasn't a clue.

It works for Liverpool. It may do, but we don't have Liverpools squad, and you are far from being anything like Klopp!!

Much of what he says in interviews should remain in the dressing room, calling players out is never a sign of a good manager.

LJ should focus less on trying to explain himself and more time simply proving himself preferably he should do this at another club.

Personally I think he's proved he's not good enough tactically and also his man management is more than questionable.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He was referring to Benik.

This bit? Not sure that is quite as bad as OP makes it out. Not saying Afobe should be played in the "out to in" role but I don't read this as "I watched Liverpool and they're really good so we went 433".

Benik Afobe played on the left today: can you assess his performance?

I thought he did really well, I thought he held onto the ball really well, he didn’t get any chances, he played the ‘out to in’ role, similar to Liverpool, the narrow three strikers, he looked to run in behind. He kept hold of it then obviously fatigued a bit, you expect that with his first start in over nine to ten months.

I was pleased with him and again, I do think we need to feed the front three a little bit earlier and maybe we are missing that type of ball manipulator in midfield.

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

This bit? Not sure that is quite as bad as OP makes it out. Not saying Afobe should be played in the "out to in" role but I don't read this as "I watched Liverpool and they're really good so we went 433".

Benik Afobe played on the left today: can you assess his performance?

I thought he did really well, I thought he held onto the ball really well, he didn’t get any chances, he played the ‘out to in’ role, similar to Liverpool, the narrow three strikers, he looked to run in behind. He kept hold of it then obviously fatigued a bit, you expect that with his first start in over nine to ten months.

I was pleased with him and again, I do think we need to feed the front three a little bit earlier and maybe we are missing that type of ball manipulator in midfield.

Possibly not, but the fact he went 433, mentioned Liverpool, Benik as “out to in”....but then contradicts himself with “narrow three strikers”, shows he’s all mouth.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Possibly not, but the fact he went 433, mentioned Liverpool, Benik as “out to in”....but then contradicts himself with “narrow three strikers”, shows he’s all mouth.

Yeh, I mean I'm not going to disagree with that.

Edit. What on Earth goes through Palmer's head when he reads "...maybe we are missing that type of ball manipulator in midfield." I am not Palmer's biggest fan but dear god LJ how can you say this when you've got a bloke on the bench who, for all his failings, can't half stick a through ball between two CBs.

9 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Yeh, I mean I'm not going to disagree with that.

Edit. What on Earth goes through Palmer's head when he reads "...maybe we are missing that type of ball manipulator in midfield." I am not Palmer's biggest fan but dear god LJ how can you say this when you've got a bloke on the bench who, for all his failings, can't half stick a through ball between two CBs.

I don't know about a 'ball manipulator' but I know someone who's clearly taking the piss!

He refers to Liverpool but doesn't he realise that Liverpool players are far fitter far more superior than our front three( nothing against our lads which are quality) and theyve actually been playing that system continuously for over 2 seasons(far as I'm aware) no wonder Ryan Kent was so miserable ?

In the interview why name players and again why isnt our staff checking these players boots isn't that a job for backroom staff? 

Just now, Street red said:

He refers to Liverpool but doesn't he realise that Liverpool players are far fitter far more superior than our front three( nothing against our lads which are quality) and theyve actually been playing that system continuously for over 2 seasons(far as I'm aware) 

In the interview why name players and again why is our staff checking these players boots isn't that a job for backroom staff? 

If the players boots weren’t right they had 3 opportunities to change them , first water break , half time and second water break, wtf is he babbling on about.

Just now, glen humphries said:

If the players boots weren’t right they had 3 opportunities to change them , first water break , half time and second water break, wtf is he babbling on about.

Exactly that! what the hell is he chatting about if preparation was top draw like he keeps boasting about then this would be covered or at least spare boots to change into.

Slip sliding away just like his job!

10 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

Aren't players responsible for their own kit during this period?

So it would stand to reason that it is the players responsibility to have brought multiple boots and stud configurations to the game for various surfaces and weather types.

Perhaps those pink boots that a lot of the players had were not suitable and caused the players wearing them to fall over more.

That's my guess at the logic behind the comments.

24 minutes ago, Prinny said:

Aren't players responsible for their own kit during this period?

So it would stand to reason that it is the players responsibility to have brought multiple boots and stud configurations to the game for various surfaces and weather types.

Perhaps those pink boots that a lot of the players had were not suitable and caused the players wearing them to fall over more.

That's my guess at the logic behind the comments.

Blackburn players fell over a lot too.  Bloody Brereton fell over clean though having beaten the keeper.

The surface was like it had been relaid.....like those New Wembley early pitches.

7 hours ago, PFree said:

Things is though, I liked the set up.

extra man in midfield, which is what we need at the moment as we get cut open so easy. 

front three on paper, should work, although we need our Full backs to be on top of their game and yesterday they were not that’s why Afobe was out left so much and being dragged back and not tucked in closer to NW.

I hope he continues with it, Afobe has played in this position for Wolves and done well, so why can’t it work for us??? We need to make sure our full backs are on their top game, which will let Afobe concentrate on his role set out by LJ. 

Also we need someone to keep the ball ticking over and go forwards, so hopefully Nagy can do this and play alongside Smith/Massengo with Palmer creating the passes for the front 3 to latch onto. In place of O’Dowda who I rate with his energy and runs forward, although he’s been off his game for a while now, so maybe he will offer this as a sub coming off the bench for 15/20mins. 

Archived