IGNORED

The team for this Wednesday.

Roadrunner

13 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I haven't heard his interview yet but I think LJ wanted Wells to do the Firminho role of Liverpool. But quite clearly LJ doesn't know what his players can and can't do!

Seriously Jon, for LJ to quote Liverpool is embarrassing.  It was 433 in name only.  If Wells was asked to play like Firminho is an insult.  If he genuinely was, he ignored it, knowing the head-coach was talking out his arse.

It shows the head-coach is obsessed with systems rather than players to fit a single system.

Beyond a joke.

29 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Might as well give Gilmartin a game ?

I genuinely would not be surprised if he does at some point over these final games.

Well at least that would go some way to explaining what I reckon is up there for the most pointless signing that we have ever made.

5th choice keeper & second goalkeeping coach, we may as well have given the money to charity.

28 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

I wish I could like this more than once. I really couldn’t care less either, sad really isn’t it?

No its reality. The football is utter garbage and the manager's lost the plot. Quicker this season ends the better. Miserable 

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

I haven't heard his interview yet but I think LJ wanted Wells to do the Firminho role of Liverpool. But quite clearly LJ doesn't know what his players can and can't do!

Thass cos he'm a **** (Devon accent) 

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Do you know, I just started to type the sentence, “well, I wouldn’t say I really dislike Lee...” then I had to delete it because I realised it was just a massive lie. I don’t like him one little bit.

I really detest listening to that man. His misplaced arrogance, his uncomfortable smirk, his bull shit analysis (lies) and the management bollocks he thinks might confuse us into thinking he knows what he’s doing. Just absolutely everything. 

If you need a deputy any time, please call me.

Never been a fan of Johnson, but also never bothered with "Johnson out" either, no point while you knew his biggest supporter was the owner. I'm not sure that will be the case as Lansdown watches us capitulate more games and fade into lower mid table. 

But do'ya know what, I don't care. I'm done, finished. I still want us to win, but would be happy if this run continues and it gets LJ out. 
That is a terrible thing to say, and I realise that. But his constant shuffling of teams/formations/systems, and the baffling way a player can play one day , not be seen for months, then come back into the team again, like I said I'm done.

TBH for a few minutes Sunday, I thought the movement and link play was good, things looked promising. That was when Wells and Weimann were closer together, as the game got going our 4-3-3 was more like a 4-5-1, the amazing decision to play Afobe and Weimann wide shows he's just trying fit players in. I know AW has done a job wide, but a front 3 surely has to play closer together . Another thing that he has done in these two games, he starts with 2 real midfield players,  I'm not having the COD can do a job, but then he takes one off leaving Korey as the only recognised CMF in a team that has struggled in MF foryears. For Blackburn there wasn't even the option of Nagy on the bench. 

Back to the team, if he changes formation yet again I will be convinced he's lost the plot. 3 months to consider options, 7 changes for his second game and you already know there will be at least 3 more for Forest. I have a feeling he will go 3-5-2 as he want Wells central and he wanted better hold up play, which Benik would give him. That , I would hope, would signal to the Owner and board that he has lost his way and should be released. 
Not sure who is available, I've seen Hughton mentioned and I think he would be a good fit but more importantly a change now would give the new man a good chance to assess the squad.

Right, with that off my chest bring on Exeter Vs Northampton.

I hope fpr a genuine 4-3-3.

Or a 3-5-2 as @1960maaan said, that could get Wells and Afobe closer together- Weimann a strong first reserve.

I still have some reservations with respect to the 2nd shape.

In terms of Sunday, a fine line between a 4-5-1 amd 4-3-3- don't think wider forwards as such are all that isolated- closer together would be good, maybe Weimann RF-Afobe CF-Wells LF one way to go. O'Dowda central in a 3 is a funny one, I was wondering if he might at HT put on Nagy for O'Dowda so you can at least match up a bit with 3 real CMs and build from there but he did not!

Given the tombola is on the blink, I’ve got more chance of winning the lottery on Wednesday than managing to pick the same players in the same positions and formation as LJ, as there are just too many permutations. Anything beyond a 1 in 14 million chance of getting it right and I’m completely stumped!

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I hope fpr a genuine 4-3-3.

Or a 3-5-2 as @1960maaan said, that could get Wells and Afobe closer together- Weimann a strong first reserve.

I still have some reservations with respect to the 2nd shape.

In terms of Sunday, a fine line between a 4-5-1 amd 4-3-3- don't think wider forwards as such are all that isolated- closer together would be good, maybe Weimann RF-Afobe CF-Wells LF one way to go. O'Dowda central in a 3 is a funny one, I was wondering if he might at HT put on Nagy for O'Dowda so you can at least match up a bit with 3 real CMs and build from there but he did not!

My problem with Sunday was more with how the 4-3-3 was played, not that we played it. Afobe was playing wider that Eliasson ever dose, we somehow managed to have isolated forwards when there were 3 of them. 

20 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Never been a fan of Johnson, but also never bothered with "Johnson out" either, no point while you knew his biggest supporter was the owner. I'm not sure that will be the case as Lansdown watches us capitulate more games and fade into lower mid table. 

But do'ya know what, I don't care. I'm done, finished. I still want us to win, but would be happy if this run continues and it gets LJ out. 
That is a terrible thing to say, and I realise that. But his constant shuffling of teams/formations/systems, and the baffling way a player can play one day , not be seen for months, then come back into the team again, like I said I'm done.

TBH for a few minutes Sunday, I thought the movement and link play was good, things looked promising. That was when Wells and Weimann were closer together, as the game got going our 4-3-3 was more like a 4-5-1, the amazing decision to play Afobe and Weimann wide shows he's just trying fit players in. I know AW has done a job wide, but a front 3 surely has to play closer together . Another thing that he has done in these two games, he starts with 2 real midfield players,  I'm not having the COD can do a job, but then he takes one off leaving Korey as the only recognised CMF in a team that has struggled in MF foryears. For Blackburn there wasn't even the option of Nagy on the bench. 

Back to the team, if he changes formation yet again I will be convinced he's lost the plot. 3 months to consider options, 7 changes for his second game and you already know there will be at least 3 more for Forest. I have a feeling he will go 3-5-2 as he want Wells central and he wanted better hold up play, which Benik would give him. That , I would hope, would signal to the Owner and board that he has lost his way and should be released. 
Not sure who is available, I've seen Hughton mentioned and I think he would be a good fit but more importantly a change now would give the new man a good chance to assess the squad.

Right, with that off my chest bring on Exeter Vs Northampton.

When I read your last paragraph, I thought that you meant Exeter Chiefs against Northampton Saints!

Senility creeping up from behind.

Don't know about the football. Exeter being West Country but still have a soft spot somewhere for Keith Curls.

3 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Vyner on the wing, Afobe centre half, Dasilva up front as the lone striker with Weimann at left back. Nahki probably in goal. Thats what I hope he does. 

Afobe might be useful in goal, he’s tall after all. Lee J is coaching from the Donald J Trump “inject bleach, what’ve you got to lose?” Playbook. 

18 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Don't know about the football. Exeter being West Country but still have a soft spot somewhere for Keith Curls.

The previous games were worth a look, Northampton comeback was very good TV. I'm with you though, soft spot for Keith Curle, but Exeter sort of local. Just hope good game and lots of goals.

Funnily enough I think he's a coming across a bit like the documentary about Graham Taylor then the England manager with Phil Neal his yes man;

GT: Gazza's fooked.

PN: Yes boss, Gazza, he's fooked.

GT: CARLTON, CARLTON can we not knock it long? Hit Les Hit Les!

PN: Gazza's fooked boss.

GT: Time for Nigel, what do you think? Nigel playing in behind

PN: yes boss; Nigel, it's time for Nigel. 

GT: LINESMAN!

PN: Gazza's fooked.

GT: Linesman, thank you so much, you've just lost me my job

You could picture Lee with Jamie Mac

LJ: Benik's Not scored (from way out on the left wing) he'll have to come off.

JM: Yes boss; Benik's fooked (off)

LJ: NATHAN, NATHAN can we not knock it long? Hit Fam, hit Fam!

JM: Benik's fooked (off)

LJ: Time for Pato, what do you think? Time for Pato playing in behind?

JM: Yes boss, Pato, its time for Pato.

LJ: DEFENDERS, ATTACKERS I CAN TRUST!

JM: Benik's fooked (off)

LJ: Defenders, Attackers; thank you so much; you've just lost me my job (hopefully)

I dread to think what team and formation he's going to pick. 

IMO with the players we have available to us, we have to give 352 a go again. Benik and Wells through the middle with through balls provided by either Paterson or Palmer. 

Put my thoughts down in a short video. Was going to put it in it's own thread but can't be bothered, might put it in the matchday one.

Think I have about as much chance as anyone else with the above prediction. Any comments or constructive discussion it can stimulate very much appreciated.

(Yes I know the time is wrong, I'm not going back to edit it.)

6 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Do you know, I just started to type the sentence, “well, I wouldn’t say I really dislike Lee...” then I had to delete it because I realised it was just a massive lie. I don’t like him one little bit.

I really detest listening to that man. His misplaced arrogance, his uncomfortable smirk, his bull shit analysis (lies) and the management bollocks he thinks might confuse us into thinking he knows what he’s doing. Just absolutely everything. 

I’m with you.

I’ve never really taken to him. You just can’t take the man seriously with what he comes out with sometimes. Pure waffle. 

Not only that, but his behaviour on the touch line can be so embarrassing at times. 

I would not be surprised at this team;

Bentley (simply because Maenpaa's done nothing wrong and needs undermining)

Vyner (after lauding him as a makeshift midfielder, plays him at right back. Later on the head coach switches him to an unaccustomed midfield role believing his own hype and to completely bamboozle the opposition who are fooled for all of 10 seconds before sending him to play further forward after 80 minutes to try and get the 4 goals needed to get a draw)

Rowe ( because he needs to keep it tight and he didn't play last time. The coach will push him into midfield after 12 minutes of relentless Forest pressure which is all part of the head coach's tactical masterplan before switching him to a left wing back role and finally playing as a No.10 as he played there 10 years ago for Peterborough and might get a goal) 

Kalas (because he didn't play last time but might have improved)

Benkovic (because he didn't play last time either so couldn't have let the coach down. He is pushed into midfield after 33 minutes of relentless Forest pressure as the head coach believes he is actually a midfield player and why didn't anybody else play him there)

Watkins (because the coach can rely on him and he can swop with Vyner in another tactical reshuffle after 15 minutes of relentless Forest pressure to man mark Grabban to stop him getting his hat trick. He ends up playing up front after 88 minutes when it's too late and we're chasing the game and that is despite not having any shots on target)

Smith (despite the fact he has little influence anymore in games but he points well and loves collecting the nice easy passes. He ends up playing right back)

Nagy (Only because Massengo has played too many games)

Pato (He's playing against his former club so the head coach is heavily relying on him having the game of his career, so no pressure then. The head coach switches him from out wide to a No.10 role back to a floating role before sticking him up top in desperation. He's substituted by the head coach in utter frustration as he hasn't had a shot on target let alone score) 

Eliasson (He didn't play last time and the coach might drop him into a left wing back role in yet another tactical reshuffle after 25 minutes of relentless Forest pressure. He ends up playing in 4 different positions before being substituted because he let the head coach down)

Diedhiou (If the coach starts him this time he might just be the match winner, the head coach knows it because he dreamt it last night. He starts up front on his own, with little service. The one goalbound header he has late on rebounds off the back of Vyner's head.

Post match, the head coach laments at the length of the grass, and saying that we deserved something from the game despite everyone else seeing a completely different game where once again we are totally outclassed and if only we had a midfielder who was quick thinking and could play that defence splitting pass before finishing up with the old chestnut "We go again at the weekend"

5 hours ago, Swede said:

Funnily enough I think he's a coming across a bit like the documentary about Graham Taylor then the England manager with Phil Neal his yes man;

GT: Gazza's fooked.

PN: Yes boss, Gazza, he's fooked.

GT: CARLTON, CARLTON can we not knock it long? Hit Les Hit Les!

PN: Gazza's fooked boss.

GT: Time for Nigel, what do you think? Nigel playing in behind

PN: yes boss; Nigel, it's time for Nigel. 

GT: LINESMAN!

PN: Gazza's fooked.

GT: Linesman, thank you so much, you've just lost me my job

You could picture Lee with Jamie Mac

LJ: Benik's Not scored (from way out on the left wing) he'll have to come off.

JM: Yes boss; Benik's fooked (off)

LJ: NATHAN, NATHAN can we not knock it long? Hit Fam, hit Fam!

JM: Benik's fooked (off)

LJ: Time for Pato, what do you think? Time for Pato playing in behind?

JM: Yes boss, Pato, its time for Pato.

LJ: DEFENDERS, ATTACKERS I CAN TRUST!

JM: Benik's fooked (off)

LJ: Defenders, Attackers; thank you so much; you've just lost me my job (hopefully)

Archived