IGNORED

The I still believe in LJ thread!

REDOXO

52 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

LLLDDLLL= 8 GAME winless streak, how ever you cut it, certainly not very,very,very good at all really

Yeah that looks pretty poor.  

I think the worry is some think that we are now a so called established championship  club.

Trouble is no one stays still in mid division for long, your either going forward or backward. I'm not as bothered as most there's excitement at both ends of the table and to be fair id rather watch us in a few wins to stay up and the atmosphere that brings than the mind numbing turgid football that might keep us mid table.

And i know that could lead to relagation but ffs we want entertainment and passion.

On 30/06/2020 at 14:39, Bat Fastard said:

Frankly we were just not good enough.  The Championship is a hugely difficult league where some clubs have vast parachute payments and squads with Premier Leage experience and others can only pay less than half the wages and have to recruit from lower leagues and players who have failed to make the grade in other leagues.  Lee has developed our own young players, loan players and players we have bought in.  This is not a level playing field and the long term project is to build a self sustaining club by building income streams from the infrastructure.  The plans are well advanced and we have to wait until everything is in place until we can better compete against richer clubs.

I think we had £25M+ of players on the bench tonight.

6 hours ago, La Plage said:

I think we had £25M+ of players on the bench tonight.

Players are selected on form and suitability for the game plan of the day or to effect desired change if they come off the bench. Also as cover for injuries.  Their transfer value is not the main criteria for selection.  If it was Kalas would always play irrespective of his current form.

On 02/07/2020 at 06:29, Bat Fastard said:

Players are selected on form and suitability for the game plan of the day or to effect desired change if they come off the bench. Also as cover for injuries.  Their transfer value is not the main criteria for selection.  If it was Kalas would always play irrespective of his current form.

Think I was actually pointing out the level of financial backing and support that clueless has been given vs other teams higher in the league with more pressure on selling players and budget controls, but with more experienced and proficient managers/coaches, that know their best 11 and don’t have the luxury of tinkering with 50 players in his squad.

2 hours ago, La Plage said:

Think I was actually pointing out the level of financial backing and support that clueless has been given vs other teams higher in the league with more pressure on selling players and budget controls, but with more experienced and proficient managers/coaches, that know their best 11 and don’t have the luxury of tinkering with 50 players in his squad.

Nevertheless form and availability trump transfer value every time. If Kalas and Bentley had been automatic, would we have fared better?  If you look at the players on the club website, the actual first team squad is not as large as one might think.  It may be different next season when the players loaned out this season are available for first team selection or to be loaned out again. The project is to develop players as well as hopefully competing for the play off positions. Clearly there is a tension between these two demands and this is complicated by injuries and form. Difficulties abound and it is no simple matter to juggle all the various elements. I believe that Lee has played a difficult hand reasonably well. I have been disappointed with the form since January, and this has seemed to coincide with the departure of the very influential Josh Brownhill and the onset of Covid.  I hope that we can get through to the end of the season in reasonable shape and if we are not in contention then to give some of the young players a run out. Some on here would then grumble at that and refuse to see the bigger picture.  It remains a game of opinions.

Archived