IGNORED

Mark Ashton - getting an easy ride?

And Its Smith

1 hour ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

On 11 March this year, the Guardian ran some puff about us - "Mendes, Wilder and the SAS: How Lee Johnson has Bristol City on the rise" (cough) - in which Ben Fisher reported that Lee had been in Portugal at the end of last season, and had attended seven matches. And the Pereira loan came out of this.

In another piece a year or two before the same paper, in amongst some more very lovely, gentle reportage on us (the national media appear to completely ignore us when we are average or worse and they might need to write something critical, strange), reported that Lee had been in Verona watching games.

He also went to Germany quite recently I seem to remember; I'd imagine he took in a game or two while there.

Just a few examples of Lee getting out to see players live and being hands-on with recruitment. 

Yep, he certainly did.  My question is, did he put the same effort into Nagy?

21 hours ago, Rob k said:

On the pitch failure - a bit over the top don’t you think? Anybody would think we were Certs for relegation

Mark Ashton has left his head coach with a midfield not fit for the top half of L1 let alone the championship 

That's a bit of an overstatement- come on!

How we setup with it may appear that way (still think it's an overstatement), but I refuse to believe fine prospect from a strong academy- Massengo, an international in a moderate but not terrible international side- Nagy- and of course Smith returning- are all that bad. Eliasson is still the joint top assister, and Paterson chips in, Palmer should be providing more of a spark than he does. Rowe when slotting into a 3 can do a job, bit of solidity.

I don't see how we can say our midfielders are below par even for top half League One, on an individual level at least.

8 hours ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

A weakness for me has been the signing of technically gifted players from abroad who find it difficult to adapt to physicality of the championship.

We have become lightweight and easily bullied especially in midfield.

If these players had the same attitude as Aaron Wilbrahams we would be some team

All the easier to bully a central 2 ie 2 genuine CMs.

Go through all the reasonable or even tricky midtable ones this season at this level and come back to me when we see an example of 2 true CMs. Writing is on the wall..

Is it the only factor? No. However I'm a firm believer that 3 can accentuate the positives- see first bolded bit- and help to mask some of the weaknesses- see the 2nd bit.

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, he certainly did.  My question is, did he put the same effort into Nagy?

I don’t know the answer but to me the circumstances of his arrival appeared to be that we only made a decision after the Leeds game to discard Pack & that Nagy was identified as the replacement.

With the time pressure of the transfer window in this one specific case I cannot see how he could have.

9 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

On 11 March this year, the Guardian ran some puff about us - "Mendes, Wilder and the SAS: How Lee Johnson has Bristol City on the rise" (cough) - in which Ben Fisher reported that Lee had been in Portugal at the end of last season, and had attended seven matches. And the Pereira loan came out of this.

In another piece a year or two before the same paper, in amongst some more very lovely, gentle reportage on us (the national media appear to completely ignore us when we are average or worse and they might need to write something critical, strange), reported that Lee had been in Verona watching games.

He also went to Germany quite recently I seem to remember; I'd imagine he took in a game or two while there.

Just a few examples of Lee getting out to see players live and being hands-on with recruitment. 

Only issue with that Nick is that Pereira spent last season playing for Genoa...

Archived