IGNORED

Interesting Facts/Stats

BS2 Red

Just now, candygram for mongo said:

Apologies for the non football related post but 2 facts I have recently learned are

Americans do not have/use electric kettles, also they do not dunk biscuits in their tea or coffee.

perhaps our USA based posters can confirm/deny this

I lived in the states for three years - none of my ex-wife's family used electric kettles. 

10 minutes ago, candygram for mongo said:

Apologies for the non football related post but 2 facts I have recently learned are

Americans do not have/use electric kettles, also they do not dunk biscuits in their tea or coffee.

I've heard that before. Apparently it's because America uses a lower voltage than we do, which means electric kettles would take ages to boil the water.

19 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

I lived in the states for three years - none of my ex-wife's family used electric kettles. 

I live in Western Canada and none of my wife's family have a kettle, all the hotels I stay in for work never have kettles either just coffee makers which do not boil water, so I take my own mini kettle in my suitcase wherever I go!

36 minutes ago, candygram for mongo said:

I used to live in Canada and we were one of the few houses that had an electric kettle. Took forever to boil with 110v though, which is why most people have ones they put on a hob, not that that is much quicker.

15 hours ago, candygram for mongo said:

No, no electric kettles in the US, but as for your second point, dunking is not compulsory over here.

I've never dunked. Why would I? Why would I want a soggy biscuit and a cuppa that tastes vaguely of crumbs?  Never understood it. 

18 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

I've heard that before. Apparently it's because America uses a lower voltage than we do, which means electric kettles would take ages to boil the water.

So do all their hobs run on gas? Otherwise wouldn't it just be the same problem?

Archived