IGNORED

Millwall

frenchred

Can't help but feel that if Millwall get into the playoffs and we do not that is a real indictment of our approach/management/coaching. That is not meant to be disrespectful to Millwall but they are not splashing the cash as we have been*. 

*caveat - as far as I am aware

6 minutes ago, Reigate Red said:

Can't help but feel that if Millwall get into the playoffs and we do not that is a real indictment of our approach/management/coaching. That is not meant to be disrespectful to Millwall but they are not splashing the cash as we have been*. 

*caveat - as far as I am aware

Millwall, Blackburn, Swansea, Preston take your pick, no way should be finishing below these

52 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

I've watched Bournemouth and Norwich twice recently. They both look like they will be relegated and they were very much a cut above us. If we cant be consistently in the top 6, it's pointless getting promoted. We look a mile off and have done for some time.

Exactly.

That’s why it boils my piss when people keep saying ‘but we’re only x points away from the play off’s’.

If they can’t see which direction we’re travelling, or how far we’re away in footballing terms, I think they need to book an appointment at Specsavers.

6 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Exactly.

That’s why it boils my piss when people keep saying ‘but we’re only x points away from the play off’s’.

If they can’t see which direction we’re travelling, or how far we’re away in footballing terms, I think they need to book an appointment at Specsavers.

This

45 minutes ago, mozo said:

The draw was a good result for us. We need Charlton to nick a winner at Cardiff and the miracle promotion is back in our hands!

Putting it back in our hands is where our problems start!

4 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

It's almost as if these other teams, that everybody jizzes over about being so much better than us, are just as flaky as we are.

They are. Hardly anything between any teams except the top ones. Even those at the bottom Id say are similar to those in 7th etc. 

39 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Exactly.

I would imagine the team that kicked off in the Premier league (if we went up) would bare little resemblance to the team that finished the season, the last time we were on the verge of going up (2008) didn't Steve Lansdown say all the extra money they got would be spent on the team I'm sure that would probably still be the case. 

1 hour ago, Selred said:

I think Millwall have only spent over £1 mil on one player, Tom Bradshaw. 

I don’t necessarily disagree with the point your trying to make but over the last two seasons Millwall have a nett spend of -£2m (Profit) and we a nett spend of -£30m (profit). 

Two different models, they buy cheap and keep, we spend more and look for sell on value. 

I’d suggest their model requires better coaching. 

13 minutes ago, pillred said:

I would imagine the team that kicked off in the Premier league (if we went up) would bare little resemblance to the team that finished the season, the last time we were on the verge of going up (2008) didn't Steve Lansdown say all the extra money they got would be spent on the team I'm sure that would probably still be the case. 

That’s not the point though. What I’d be concerned about is we’d then still have LJ in charge and he can’t even get us playing effectively in the Championship nowadays.

We’d be getting absolutely slaughtered every match and it would probably take us years to get over the humiliation of beating Derby’s low points record

I’ve got zero confidence of LJ out-thinking any of the opposing managets up there.

17 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

That’s not the point though. What I’d be concerned about is we’d then still have LJ in charge and he can’t even get us playing effectively in the Championship nowadays.

We’d be getting absolutely slaughtered every match and it would probably take us years to get over the humiliation of beating Derby’s low points record

I’ve got zero confidence of LJ out-thinking any of the opposing managets up there.

Don't be concerned....with LJ in charge we won't be playing in the Premier League !!?

Archived