IGNORED

Millwall

frenchred

7 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Don't be concerned....with LJ in charge we won't be playing in the Premier League !!?

You aren’t kidding.  

With the way we were playing, I’d already written this season off before the lockdown.  

I’m too old to believe in miracles!

31 minutes ago, Lez said:

Rowett sticks to a system and works well especially away from home.....a team with a real identity that cant  e argued......did a proper job on us when they came down the gate as well.

Sadly, that doesn't make them unique.

2 hours ago, Barry Sheene said:

You right he was great at Brentford

In a Brentford system of pass and move, playing through the thirds.  He was very different at Stoke....but it would be typical of us to sign him for a system he’s not comfortable in.

Was scouted by us when at Shrewsbury.

1 hour ago, BrizzleRed said:

That’s not the point though. What I’d be concerned about is we’d then still have LJ in charge and he can’t even get us playing effectively in the Championship nowadays.

We’d be getting absolutely slaughtered every match and it would probably take us years to get over the humiliation of beating Derby’s low points record

I’ve got zero confidence of LJ out-thinking any of the opposing managets up there.

I'm assuming if that happened then he would be quickly got rid of so maybe some would look on that as a good thing.

2 hours ago, hodge said:

Ah thought he'd joined permanently, one I wouldn't mind us having a go for in the summer if we're serious about 3 starting CM's 

2 hours ago, Barry Sheene said:

You right he was great at Brentford

I refer you to my previous comments on here for the last 8 years!! ?

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

In a Brentford system of pass and move, playing through the thirds.  He was very different at Stoke....but it would be typical of us to sign him for a system he’s not comfortable in.

Was scouted by us when at Shrewsbury.

Not only scouted Fevs, as you know. 
A price given, which wasn’t very much, and we weren’t interested. 

22 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Would he have developed so well with us though? Read on here that Exeter saw Brentford as a better bet for Watkins due to sell on potential, etc. Any similarities with Woods at that time?

We didn't do too badly by Flint, Pack, Bryan, Reid, Kelly and Webster, and you could also throw Tammy into that mix.

57 minutes ago, pillred said:

I'm assuming if that happened then he would be quickly got rid of so maybe some would look on that as a good thing.

Anything is possible I suppose, but after waiting so long to get back up into the top flight, imho we should be trying to get up the proper way, not just somehow limp over the line.

I just can’t buy into the year on yesr progression argument that some people talk about.  They are clearly just looking at small rises in league placings and not how we actually performed while achieving them.

I would say our on-field performance has generally gone backwards over the last couple of years, particularly at home and we are currently plumbing new lows.  Lee is still as streaky as ever and always struggles to motivate the players to help pull us out of these bad runs.

His tactics, team selection, player management and progressing the younger players all leave a lot to be desired and he gives every impression of someone who works hard for the club, but has reached a ceiling he can’t break through.

Some of the nonsense he comes out with at pressers is painful at times and appears pretty desperate and it feels like he has nowhere left to turn and looks lost.

It’s a shame and hoped he could make it work, but it really seems like we’re flogging a dead horse now and it’s time for him to move on before the club and his reputation both take a massive hit.

I suspect this could be the highest LJ ever reaches in football, as he seems to lack so many of the skills needed to be really successful in this sport.

5 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Millwall, Blackburn, Swansea, Preston take your pick, no way should be finishing below these

That’s a bit arrogant, Millwall and Blackburn both stuffed us at Ashton Gate this season and Blackburn did the same in the return match. And we haven’t managed to beat any of the four teams you’ve listed so far this season in the six games we’ve played against them... so why shouldn’t we be finishing below them?!

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

That’s a bit arrogant, Millwall and Blackburn both stuffed us at Ashton Gate this season and Blackburn did the same in the return match. And we haven’t managed to beat any of the four teams you’ve listed so far this season in the six games we’ve played against them... so why shouldn’t we be finishing below them?!

Ah I never said we were better than any of them, which is the problem. But comparing resources, squad cost/valuation its no comparison and reflects badly on Johnson.

3 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Blackburn are, but they beat us comfortably. 

I've looked at their team since they beat us. Thought they made one or two odd selections vs us too but injury played a role.

Since then:

1. Elliott Bennett at LB- twice.
  2. Listed as Rothwell in CM- he's not a CM, an attacking midfielder maybe, or an LAM. I know Evans was announced injured after their game Saturday but still..
  3. Tonight, Lenihan out, Mulgrew at CB in. Loaned Mulgrew to Wigan and he's 30+...always had him down as an LB so if they've got an injury crisis there...or play Downing again.
  4. Lenihan, god knows where he's gone- injured perhaps!
  5. Travis, god knows where he's gone! Injured?
  6. Persistently fielding Ben Brereton. Mind you he got sent off tonight so they'll probably be helped for a few games!

We're not the only one with a bit of a tinkerman in charge it seems. ;)

Like I say could all be injury related but some of these changes and selections look odd...

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

We didn't do too badly by Flint, Pack, Bryan, Reid, Kelly and Webster, and you could also throw Tammy into that mix.

Yeah that's true- just had in mind that line about Watkins, sell on etc- I think our record can be hit and miss- of course none are 100% but I also wonder if Eisa might have developed better here, if we chose precisely the right strategy with Moore, Adelakun may not be good enough but think he potentially stalled here. Will Vyner make it or was he never destined to?

I hope the loans for O'Leary Moore, Walsh and Morrell all pay off next year and beyond certainly. There are others too, at least they have been getting game time and working their way up (perhaps less need to loan out Moore).

2 hours ago, Harry said:

I refer you to my previous comments on here for the last 8 years!! ?

Not only scouted Fevs, as you know. 
A price given, which wasn’t very much, and we weren’t interested. 

I did not know the second bit.

5 hours ago, Back of the net said:

I don’t necessarily disagree with the point your trying to make but over the last two seasons Millwall have a nett spend of -£2m (Profit) and we a nett spend of -£30m (profit). 

Two different models, they buy cheap and keep, we spend more and look for sell on value. 

I’d suggest their model requires better coaching. 

I don't have the stats to hand but I'd love to know player turnover. 

We do keep a lot of our players, we just get a lot of money for the ones we sell. Webster, Kelly, Brownhill and Pack are the only 4 we have lost this season who'd challenge our starting 11. That's only 4, and Kelly was behind JD. I don't know about Millwall but losing 2-3 starting players in the summer and then 1 in January must be compatible to other teams doing better than us? I just don't see it as a fair excuse for LJ. 

18 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

3 points with a game in hand 

It's not just that though is it, unless you are very easily pleased. As a long standing season ticket holder I have not bothered to renew for next season and I won't even bother to watch it tonight. Not because I expect us to lose but I do expect boring, turgid football with little end product and very few shots on goal. A team with no structure, no system and a tombola team selection where the players will be thrown under a bus at the end by a coach so far out of his depth it's unreal. But hey ho if it's just points you might get lucky

1 hour ago, Hampshire Red said:

So much tripe on this thread. Every Prem club has fans complaining like you coz they spend hundreds of millions and still finish 30points behind the leaders

if your referring to me suggest you give your head a wobble you pretentious ****

Archived