IGNORED

No public backing from Uncle Steve

Major Isewater

2 hours ago, 'Orns said:

Can I congratulate you on using this massively underused, and fabulous statement

Wonderful

2 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

It is a corker of a phrase and cropped up in conversation last night - very pleased the opportunity arose to deploy it so soon thereafter 

It’s been used more than Kasey Palmer ?

I think that unless the end of season is an absolute shocker, Covid will be used as a mitigating reason for the end of year-on-year progress “difficult, unique season, we go again...” and Lee will remain in place for another re-build.

It’s not what I’d want to happen. It is what I expect to happen. 

13 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I understand that Lee has a petard but has placed it in the wrong position and consequently it has been unable to hoist. He has other usable petards, but has decided that they won't work so he won't try them.

He needs petards he can trust.

2 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Sadly I feel that City will miss the playoffs and sell a couple of players to bring in some income. When LJ and Mark Ashton put on the technogabble speak this will appear to be OK, due to the circumstances, to SL. All we need is one more year (repeat each season) 

He's had so many windows, that he could double glaze the Crystal Palace.

• Admin
5 hours ago, Riaz said:

Why would Steve Lansdown say anything?

Even if you think not getting play-offs is a sackable offence - we still have a chance of making it.

If he was to sack him, it would'nt be until the end of the season

Exactly this

It's hardly as if our owner comes out after every game with any comment

There's nothing to see here. . . .

He's not going to make any statements about anything, with 7 games to go and all to play for. Whatever the typical over reaction from some supporters might sound like. 

If we suffer 2 heavy defeats this week and our play off chances have actually ended, THEN (and only then) might he feel the need to speak out. 

20 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

He's not going to make any statements about anything, with 7 games to go and all to play for. Whatever the typical over reaction from some supporters might sound like. 

If we suffer 2 heavy defeats this week and our play off chances have actually ended, THEN (and only then) might he feel the need to speak out. 

It’s occurred to me that perhaps Johnson’s contract is subject to triggers in the event that progression isn't achieved so the owner would be in breach of contract to sack whilst progression this season is mathematically possible? 

I hope that's why Johnson is still at the club. 

44 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

It’s occurred to me that perhaps Johnson’s contract is subject to triggers in the event that progression isn't achieved so the owner would be in breach of contract to sack whilst progression this season is mathematically possible? 

I hope that's why Johnson is still at the club. 

I expect it's got more to do with the fact that the pay offs are still on our hands. 

However doubtful that leaves it. 

• Admin
3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

About 5pm Saturday then

He wont make a statement because as far as he's concerned there is nothing to make a statement about, the only way he will sack LJ is if we are in a relegation battle, which we will be next season, think he may be gone by xmas but not before certainly not this season. 

1 minute ago, weepywall said:

He wont make a statement because as far as he's concerned there is nothing to make a statement about, the only way he will sack LJ is if we are in a relegation battle, which we will be next season, think he may be gone by xmas but not before certainly not this season. 

you do know we are 13pts from Hull in a relegation place, they also have a game in hand and we have to play them yet....you know the Hull we played them at wembeley a while back, we didnt turn up.

our last 8 games LLLDDLLL I`d be alarmed at yet another winless streak if he was my manager whatever the excuses

SL once sacked a manager after reaching a play off final so I find it hard to see how LJ can survive. Don't forget publicly SL stated progression on last season was the minimum requirement. As we won't better last season if SL doesn't act decisively and sack LJ how do we take his comments seriously in the future?

5 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

you do know we are 13pts from Hull in a relegation place, they also have a game in hand and we have to play them yet....you know the Hull we played them at wembeley a while back, we didnt turn up.

our last 8 games LLLDDLLL I`d be alarmed at yet another winless streak if he was my manager whatever the excuses

I agree but we wont go down this season even if we lose all remaining games which is quite possible we should have enough points to stay up. He has survived worse runs than this one.

2 minutes ago, weepywall said:

I agree but we wont go down this season even if we lose all remaining games which is quite possible we should have enough points to stay up. He has survived worse runs than this one.

If we don’t win another game before the end of the season, then even by LJ’s streaky standards that would be exceptional. At present, LJ is being saved by other events e.g. Wigan going into administration and likely to have a 12 point deduction.

11 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

We all know that SL is not one for knee jerk reactions and I am grateful for the stability he brings to the good ship BCFC so where do we think he’s at just now ?

He probably doesn’t see the need to back LJ publicly because that is a sure sign that things aren’t right however is he , discreetly, sounding out the possibility of appointing a new coach ?

Is he oblivious to the ground swell of discontent or does he think he knows better than the paying ‘ customer ‘ ? 

I think he will not move until the end of the season depending on how we finish. A strong finish would be ideal for him as then he doesn’t have a difficult decision to make . A catastrophic end to the campaign and surely he will have no other option.

What do you think ? 

Knowing LJ, we will now go on a 6 match unbeaten run and just miss out on the playoffs and giving him to rebuild for the 15th time over the off season.

Highly likely that next season will be behind closed doors . That means that the 12000 season cards already bought may be subject to the same refund/ Robins Tv option as this year . If LJ doesn’t go , the number of those demanding a refund could be massive ! Surely SL will see that as a distinct possibility and act now ? 

11 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Highly likely that next season will be behind closed doors . That means that the 12000 season cards already bought may be subject to the same refund/ Robins Tv option as this year . If LJ doesn’t go , the number of those demanding a refund could be massive ! Surely SL will see that as a distinct possibility and act now ? 

It will be interesting to see how the refund will work next season. You’d expect a partial refund for all season ticket holders - or certainly for those who have paid the highest prices - who opt to watch on Robins TV because otherwise it doesn’t look decent value compared to paying £10 match by match. Or they put the match price up of course. 

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

We will be back in the ground for the start of the new season so the above won't be an issue.

7 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

We will be back in the ground for the start of the new season so the above won't be an issue.

No chance. Once the kids are all back to school the coronavirus will be spiking off all over the auction. If any fans are allowed back it will be in massively reduced numbers.

Just now, lenred said:

Still confident then OR. I still think I’ll be winning our bet! 

You should have kept quiet. Think City have more chance of getting in the playoffs than fans not being back by October ! :laugh: ! It'll be well gone by then thankfully. Just treat your mates to a well earned pint with the £50.

Archived