IGNORED

No public backing from Uncle Steve

Major Isewater

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Highly likely that next season will be behind closed doors . That means that the 12000 season cards already bought may be subject to the same refund/ Robins Tv option as this year . If LJ doesn’t go , the number of those demanding a refund could be massive ! Surely SL will see that as a distinct possibility and act now ? 

I said something in a similar vain the other day.  It’s just as well it is behind closed doors at the mo’ because imagine the booing on Sunday, or the crowds disappearing 10 minutes before the end.

10 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

You should have kept quiet. Think City have more chance of getting in the playoffs than fans not being back by October ! :laugh: ! It'll be well gone by then thankfully. Just treat your mates to a well earned pint with the £50.

We shall see ?  as I’ve said before I hope you’re right but can’t see it. 

21 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

We all know that SL is not one for knee jerk reactions and I am grateful for the stability he brings to the good ship BCFC so where do we think he’s at just now ?

He probably doesn’t see the need to back LJ publicly because that is a sure sign that things aren’t right however is he , discreetly, sounding out the possibility of appointing a new coach ?

Is he oblivious to the ground swell of discontent or does he think he knows better than the paying ‘ customer ‘ ? 

I think he will not move until the end of the season depending on how we finish. A strong finish would be ideal for him as then he doesn’t have a difficult decision to make . A catastrophic end to the campaign and surely he will have no other option.

What do you think ? 

21 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Given he's publicly set out his expectations for what constitutes "success" he'll no doubt review the season after it's conclusion. Probably the same as every year.

If we continue to have an absolute shocker and finish in the bottom half, quite possible, that cannot by any metric be classed as a successful campaign and he will have been hoisted by his own petard, so to speak, and will have to either justify why LJ remains or replace him. 

'judge me on Tinnion' - no, he doesn't stick to his statements

21 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

We all know that SL is not one for knee jerk reactions and I am grateful for the stability he brings to the good ship BCFC so where do we think he’s at just now ?

He probably doesn’t see the need to back LJ publicly because that is a sure sign that things aren’t right however is he , discreetly, sounding out the possibility of appointing a new coach ?

Is he oblivious to the ground swell of discontent or does he think he knows better than the paying ‘ customer ‘ ? 

I think he will not move until the end of the season depending on how we finish. A strong finish would be ideal for him as then he doesn’t have a difficult decision to make . A catastrophic end to the campaign and surely he will have no other option.

What do you think ? 

I think the time for action is NOW not just jumping on the Johnson out band wagon but give a manager a few games and end of season albeit a brief end to look at who he retains and at what he thinks is needed ( very little in my opinion ) I think a new gaffer will give us the spring back in our step needed for a challenge next season with the squad we have , unfortunately 5 points from 33 is becoming the norm .LJ is setting predictable patterns in long periods without wins and it can’t continue SL & JL if you still have the club at heart act NOW 

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

That was 15 years ago TBF. The club is in a much different position now to where it was back then. 

Not sure Mr Lansdowns ego is any different though. In fact I'd say it has been massaged hugely by fans over the last 10 years so if anything he is more prone to say something he doesn't mean. 

Archived