IGNORED

Lee Johnson's Biggest Game Yet?

mozo

Is tonight to be a pivotal moment in Johnson's career?

A heavy defeat would mark a shambolic resumption.

Surely Lansdown's patience will be stretched to breaking point by a third chaotic defeat in a row, to make it 2 points from our last 8 games?

There would be no excuses for Johnson. He has stated that we are a fully fit and perfectly prepared squad. And yet we are abject on the pitch.

Alternatively, could this be the moment that we turn our fortunes around?!

A win would set us up for a showdown with Cardiff that could pull us back into the play off mix.

So, Johnson has been close to the sack before. Will he feel the heat this evening?

Is it a defining game?

Final chance for me tonight, anything other than a win and hes gone. I really believe something is brewing behind the scenes.

We have to be 3 points behind Cardiff before Saturday to have any realistic chance of the play-offs which is what I believe is keeping him in the job, for now.

It doesn't matter how many we lose by tonight, the players will still pick up their massive pay cheques and LJ will be no closer to getting the sack.  No incentive for anyone to perform which is why we are losing.

It's beginning to look like a bottom half of the table finish to me based on our management, form, tactics and the teams we have left to play.  Our form pre lockdown was poor and 2 losses from 2 since the restart lead me to expect nothing better tonight, I'm sorry to say.

11 minutes ago, One Team said:

He could lose every remaining game and still not get sacked. 

He will be sacked tomorrow. Well lets hope so . Even if we draw or even win. I suspect a 3-3 draw but we will still fall short i think at the end of this campaign. Do you really think if we did get promoted LJ is the right person for this transition. I dont think so.

1 hour ago, City oz said:

He will be sacked tomorrow. Well lets hope so . Even if we draw or even win. I suspect a 3-3 draw but we will still fall short i think at the end of this campaign. Do you really think if we did get promoted LJ is the right person for this transition. I dont think so.

I didn’t think he was a necessary appointment when he got the job! 

I think it might be his final game as far as a lot of fans are concerned.

But not his final game as far as SL is concerned.

As the OP states 

There would be no excuses for Johnson. He has stated that we are a fully fit and perfectly prepared squad

I would add to that statement.  It is his squad he has assembled.

3 minutes ago, Kibs said:

I'd LOVE to see us win, I hate Forest. 

BUT.......if we are going to get beat, I hope they put 7 past us. Just to make it worthwhile and leave LJ/SL with little choice.

I am starting to get to that point with LJ

Not sure if it is lockdown fever.  Or the fact that watching the team.  I dont see one move that looks like they have done it a hundred times on the training pitch.

1 minute ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Ah, but is it? Or is it his squad that Mark Ashton has assembled? Or his squad that he and Mark Ashton have assembled? 

In interviews LJ has said he has final sign off.

So from that statement I have to assume he agrees with ALL signings.  Therefore this is his squad.

I think if he is going to go it will be by mutual consent at the end of the season.

Saying that wasn’t it Cardiff at home with all the free programmes being thrown onto the pitch that was the beginning of the end for Gary J? With that game approaching rapidly I wonder what significance it will have?

This will be a massive week for LJ. 2 more defeats, which look highly likely on current form and that would make it 2 points out of a possible 27.  

All the bullshit in the world can’t gloss over those piss poor statistics and I can’t honestly believe SL is going to support him much longer.  SL may be cautious, but he certainly isn’t stupid.  

Who knows with streaky Lee though and it wouldn’t be the first time he pulls a result out of the bag when we least expect it.

It still wouldn’t surprise me if we get a right dicking tonight though.

21 minutes ago, RedM said:

I think if he is going to go it will be by mutual consent at the end of the season.

Saying that wasn’t it Cardiff at home with all the free programmes being thrown onto the pitch that was the beginning of the end for Gary J? With that game approaching rapidly I wonder what significance it will have?

Can we send our programmes in by post and ask someone to throw them onto the pitch for us ?

1 hour ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Ah, but is it? Or is it his squad that Mark Ashton has assembled? Or his squad that he and Mark Ashton have assembled? 

I'm not understanding this animosity towards Ashton. Surely LJ identifies players he wants and Ashton does the business which in many cases has been cracking. Even more so for those who have expressed a desire to leave or LJ has found as surplus.

3 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Noticed they haven’t put their usual pre match presser up for tonight’s game? 

Yeh I was wondering where the press conference was. They've put out some fluff interview of Afobe saying "We still have seven games, 21 points to play for, and anyone can beat anyone in this league, so we keep going for it." etc but I can't see any of the usual longer form stuff with LJ or one of the assistants.

19 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I'm not understanding this animosity towards Ashton. Surely LJ identifies players he wants and Ashton does the business which in many cases has been cracking. Even more so for those who have expressed a desire to leave or LJ has found as surplus.

There are rumours that Ashton has a narrow circle of agents, thus limiting the pool.

If that’s true, then LJ should call him out.

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

There are rumours that Ashton has a narrow circle of agents, thus limiting the pool.

If that’s true, then LJ should call him out.

Didn't know that.  

But if it unearths gems like Massengo, who is going to complain?

I do wonder if MA has been asked to compile a list of available managers for the end of season review?

4 minutes ago, soultrader said:

Didn't know that.  

But if it unearths gems like Massengo, who is going to complain?

I do wonder if MA has been asked to compile a list of available managers for the end of season review?

He initially wanted Appleton, it was SL who wanted LJ!

• Admin

Obvious to say, but lost tonight and Saturday that's it for this season.

If those in charge of our club see the decline as acceptable LJ will be back here next season

The worst thing is, the top 7 all have many games against each other left to play and could open up more than . .. . 

Archived