IGNORED

Nottingham Forest (a) - Wed 18.00 - What Can We Expect?

Davefevs

1 minute ago, The Gasbuster said:

Just how bad does he have to be to get dropped ??!!

In fairness, I thought he was the best out of our three central midfielders on Sunday. I would happily admit that I say that in much the same way as I think being punched on the arm is better than being punched in the face or the balls. 

Surely anyone that was thinking of watching the game like be even more put off by that selection.

There is no creativity at all in that team, strikes me that Johnson is picking a team that he hopes will not get hammered!

What has O’Dowda shown in the last 2 games (let alone the last 6 months) to warrant a starting place!

I do feel sorry for Palmer for the first time we have two strikers at the club that will allow him and them to play to their strengths and again he is in the bench!

7 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Williams has turned to shite.  Benko or Kalas both better options and O'Dowda better do something as he's not impressed.

Forest are going to love that team selection.  3-0 home win I predict.  May even be 4 or 5.

Really?

2 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Vyner starts at right back. That’s 3 different players who’ve started there in 3 matches 

Agreed, but Pereira got injured in the first one & Hunt was poor on Sunday & gifted them the second goal.

Not at all disappointed with Vyner getting a go, Academy product & he is at an age now that he needs games.

What's that 22 players used In 3 games ? Must be some sort of record.

No problem with Vyner getting a run now LJ has realised the seasons over. Good move to play Afobe left wing so he looks shit and we get him cheaper. 

If we line up in a 4-3-3, I hope the front 3 play a little closer together, I hope the MF aren't scared to hold the ball and have a little more composure. 
I can't see any way we get even a point if we play like we have done, really not looking forward to this tonight. 

My guess is 2 or 3 - 1.

Oh goodie we're going to start with two strikers playing wide and a shit winger playing at the head of the midfield three whilst our best winger sits on the bench and a midfielder ideally suited to playing at the head of a three does likewise.

Because that worked so ******* well last time.

Derby beating Preston after 20 minutes. Fat scouser scored.

Normally I'd say a draw is preferable for City (if we care?), but I'd actually go Preston as they're the one we can still take points off. Oh well...

COD must have something written in his contract about playing certain amount of minutes. Can’t think of another reason because he is shit . No creativity in the side. Good luck to Vyner . Here we go again COYR

2 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

It's certainly mystifying me! What did he show to get a new contract?

About 12 inches I expect 

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I actually have more respect for Johnson if he is sticking with one plan. Even if it looked terrible last game! Better than changing absolutely everything every game. Maybe he has worked on things to improve what we saw last game. We did at least start quite brightly.

Vyner in I am delighted about. Come on Zak. He's been here so long. Much needed bit of height to a very small side. Surely he can't be worse defensively than Hunt. And surely he's not bad on the ball either. Always looked pretty tidy. It's not that Hunt is not good on the ball, it's that he's so careless on the ball.

What can he work on to improve in such a short space of time? I would agree if it was Saturday to Saturday , we played Sunday how much time would we have had to improve on what Johnson saw on Sunday ?

5 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

I will wait until i see the team sheet.

Not that confident with that line up. But if Zak  grabs his chance and Benik and Niki both play down the middle , with Zak and Andreas in support. I will go with a 1-1.

I actually have more respect for Johnson if he is sticking with one plan. Even if it looked terrible last game! Better than changing absolutely everything every game. Maybe he has worked on things to improve what we saw last game. We did at least start quite brightly.

Vyner in I am delighted about. Come on Zak. He's been here so long. Much needed bit of height to a very small side. Surely he can't be worse defensively than Hunt. And surely he's not bad on the ball either. Always looked pretty tidy. It's not that Hunt is not good on the ball, it's that he's so careless on the ball.

Zak deserves his chance having been let down badly at the start of the season.  I hope some people on OTIB will have a little patience with him before he too is dismissed as ****.

And if it were a 3-4-3 / 3-4-1-2, with Vyner as CB?

Good to see Nagy back, I'm curious about Vyner but worried about Williams and the absence of a creative player (Pato/Palmer).

I predict a loss, but sometimes football can surprise you so....

Agree there, if COD is playing as the more advanced of the 3 then I still can't quite understand how he gets so much game time, but I have no problem with him tweaking it a bit. 

I get frustrated at him when he throws the baby out with the bath water so it would be wrong to have a pop too much with just a little tweak considering we weren't completely woeful on Sunday. 

Maybe Vyner can tuck in narrower to help form a back 3 at times...

Williams and Baker...feels like a fairly deep line. If it isn't we'll have a problem!

Team:

Maenpaa

Vyner Baker Williams DaSilva

O'Dowda Nagy Smith

Weimann Afobe Wells

Formation god knows but it's a guess.

Could be 4-4-2 of sorts with Weimann wide, O'Dowda wide and Afobe and Wells up front.

I don't think O'Dowda is the ideal man for the 3rd CM- not that it was Palmer or Paterson either. May not be such a problem in this one but we'll see...can a midfield of 2 genuine CMs adequately protect what isn't the quickest CB pairing?

Nottingham Forest are not a side who dominate the ball as we know, but they get some shot dominance at home- it's either an opportunity or the prospect of a bit of a collapse waiting to happen for us...

They line up as follows:

Samba

Cash Figueriedo Worrall Riberio

Watson Yates

Lolley Silva Ameobi

Grabban

Silva is apparently quite versatile and can drop in at times to form a 3, pull wider to help on the left in an attacking sense- overloading all that- or play as the attacking midfielder. According to WhoScored, he's played at Attacking midfield (central), Central midfield more generally, Defensive midfield and attacking left midfield this season- strikes me as fairly versatile indeed! Also surprised to see Cash at RB, always had him down as a midfielder but seems to have reinvented himself this year?

Archived