Nottingham Forest (a) - Wed 18.00 - What Can We Expect?

Maybe Vyner can tuck in narrower to help form a back 3 at times...

Williams and Baker...feels like a fairly deep line. If it isn't we'll have a problem!

Team:

Maenpaa

Vyner Baker Williams DaSilva

O'Dowda Nagy Smith

Weimann Afobe Wells

Formation god knows but it's a guess.

Could be 4-4-2 of sorts with Weimann wide, O'Dowda wide and Afobe and Wells up front.

I don't think O'Dowda is the ideal man for the 3rd CM- not that it was Palmer or Paterson either. May not be such a problem in this one but we'll see...can a midfield of 2 genuine CMs adequately protect what isn't the quickest CB pairing?

Nottingham Forest are not a side who dominate the ball as we know, but they get some shot dominance at home- it's either an opportunity or the prospect of a bit of a collapse waiting to happen for us...

They line up as follows:

Samba

Cash Figueriedo Worrall Riberio

Watson Yates

Lolley Silva Ameobi

Grabban

Silva is apparently quite versatile and can drop in at times to form a 3, pull wider to help on the left in an attacking sense- overloading all that- or play as the attacking midfielder. According to WhoScored, he's played at Attacking midfield (central), Central midfield more generally, Defensive midfield and attacking left midfield this season- strikes me as fairly versatile indeed! Also surprised to see Cash at RB, always had him down as a midfielder but seems to have reinvented himself this year?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Beginning to feel a bit for CoD - he’s so woefully out-of-form (has he ever been in it, bar a few minutes one or two seasons ago) he shouldn’t be anywhere near the squad, let alone consistently starting. It’s beginning to get embarrassing. 

I’m really beginning to think the CoD signing/re-signing was MAs decision and Johnson is out to prove a point. 

Anyhow City 3-0 Forest , a CoD hat-trick. 

BTW Nice to see Watkins is still alive.

Edited by RedRock
11 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Agreed, but Pereira got injured in the first one & Hunt was poor on Sunday & gifted them the second goal.

Not at all disappointed with Vyner getting a go, Academy product & he is at an age now that he needs games.

Me too, I’d rather see him get game time, can show what he’s got.  He’s athletic, we know that, up to him to show if he’s got Champ qualities.  Good luck Zak.  Shame it’s not in front of a crowd, because I think our support would get right behind him.

9 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

What's that 22 players used In 3 games ? Must be some sort of record.

No problem with Vyner getting a run now LJ has realised the seasons over. Good move to play Afobe left wing so he looks shit and we get him cheaper. 

If we line up in a 4-3-3, I hope the front 3 play a little closer together, I hope the MF aren't scared to hold the ball and have a little more composure. 
I can't see any way we get even a point if we play like we have done, really not looking forward to this tonight. 

My guess is 2 or 3 - 1.

Watkins in the 20 tonight for the first time.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Me too, I’d rather see him get game time, can show what he’s got.  He’s athletic, we know that, up to him to show if he’s got Champ qualities.  Good luck Zak.  Shame it’s not in front of a crowd, because I think our support would get right behind him.

Gives us a different option from the bench forest won’t know what he’s going to do , I’m not overly sure he does 

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, daored said:

What can he work on to improve in such a short space of time? I would agree if it was Saturday to Saturday , we played Sunday how much time would we have had to improve on what Johnson saw on Sunday ?

I don't know. Player positioning maybe one of the biggest things. It's a short space of time. I don't know exactly what LJ is thinking with that system.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Hopefully he gets some game time so that he can move to a league two club in the summer rather than a conference side.

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I don't know. Player positioning maybe one of the biggest things. It's a short space of time. I don't know exactly what LJ is thinking with that system.

I can’t either , but I think it’s now difficult to change a system with the regularity of games 

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I would have had Watkins in from the first game, instead we have Johnsons magic act ....

First  you see him , Now you don't  🧐

giphy.gif

Just now, RedJim said:

O'Dowda is absolute ****, reminds me of when we kept playing Martyn Woolford week in week out in that dire relegation side...

That’s spooky. I just said the same thing.

• Like 1
Just now, dave36 said:

The reason for the extra subs is to aid rotation, not a lot of ambition here, if LJ does not get a result then it has to be game over. SHIT OR BUST

I think the result would have to be really embarrassing for lee jay to get the boot , before the season finished, a 4 or 5 nil would do it 

9 minutes ago, Spike said:

Fully expect us to get tanked today, would not surprise me if we lose by more than 3 goals. 

Well let’s hope that if that is the case all of the players are wearing “old school” type boots and none having any pink bits on them!
LJ will then have to come up with another excuse, maybe 4 blades of grass were not the right length!!!

15 minutes ago, Spike said:

Fully expect us to get tanked today, would not surprise me if we lose by more than 3 goals. 

I kind of feel the same but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if we won 😂

26 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Really?

He’s been really poor for a while now. The legs looked completely shot on Sunday, so I’m surprised he’s in again tonight.